NYer needs advice- 1st trip

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

partygirl631
1st Gear Member

NYer needs advice- 1st trip

Post by partygirl631 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:01 pm

I've just moved out west from New York and really want to make a few trips out to Dumont and Glamis...I know a bunch of people that go to ride the dunes, but I'm not a huge rider.

When are the big parties out in both Dumont and Glamis? I'm going for the experience more than anything...to watch people ride and chill in the sand. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Glamisbound
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Glamisbound » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:26 pm

Both areas follow a pretty similar, if not exact similar "party" schedule. Thanksgiving weekend (the weekend before and after T-day) are the biggest party weekends of the season. New Years day, Presidents weekend, or any three day weekend will be good too.

Each area has it's "designated" party areas. At Glamis you'll want to stay on Gecko Loop, Dunebuggy flats, or the first few Washes. Dumont, I'm not sure, someone else will have to chime in...
GLAMISBOUND
Walking the gap...All give some, some give all!!

36' HR Endeavor Diesel Pusher, 330 Caterpillar
2007 Potter Productions Dual Sport with a Redline LS1 and Mendi 2D
'02 yz 426
'04 crf 50
50 cc quads for the little groms

crash
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by crash » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:12 am

Partiers in the dunes????

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I believe they were almost all chased off by the riot police in the last couple years crack downs.

My family loves the constant patrolling by the cops that now occurs. Sure we have a good time, but the hard core party people have obviously moved somewhere else.

BTW Partygirl- As you may be able to tell from his picture, Glamisbound is a cop. :shock:

Woodglue
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by Woodglue » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:15 am

Welcome to the board partygirl631! :wink:

There's nothing wrong with a party! \:D/

You just gotta follow the Rules!

At Glamis they are here
and
At Dumont they are here

Read up, then GO HAVE SOME FUN IN THE SAND!!!
My Avatar is BLM's DRAMP Proposed OHV Access under Alt #3.
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

partygirl631
1st Gear Member

Thank You All

Post by partygirl631 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:14 pm

I'm not looking for anything illegal, just a bunch of people having fun. Some loud music, dancing and drinking withOUT driving. I've heard of bonfires and people with a common interest enjoying each others company.

We have boat floatillas and sandbars out here. Everyone gets together and enjoys their passion. I don't own a boat, so I thought this would be fun.

Like I said before, I've never been to the dunes, so I would love to know about the hot spots. Thanks for your input.

As a newbie I thought it would be best to go to the source, those who know it best.

SailAway

Post by SailAway » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:47 am

PartyGirl, not sure exactly what you might be looking for but while there are "gathering" spots at Dumont the "I'm here to party" atmosphere seems to be pretty scarce... although (like every other public land recreation spot) you will find more of that on the 'big' weekends, even at Dumont.

For the most part Dumont devotees are really focused on riding and I think probably because of its remoteness the spontaneous party is far less common at Dumont than other sand areas.

Don't get me wrong, going to Dumont is always a great time... it may just not be the best place for a non-rider to drop by for an open party. Cool

VickiW
Vicki Warren
President of DUNERS and Friends of
Dumont Dunes user groups
http://www.duners.org
http://www.FriendsOfDumontDunes.org

Return to “Dumont Dunes”