Cleanups, Meetings, Calls to Action...

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair
Please enter the middle number: 5

Extreme Motorsports Expo

Post by Sloppyduner » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:37 am

Whos planing on attending the Extreme motorsports Expo in Costa Mesa the weekend of May 16-18th? Lisa Markley has stepped up big time to head up the booth there which will make for a fun time for anybody wanting to spend a couple of hours spreading the ASA gospel (sorry I have the spirt in me still from Easter)

Remember one hour in the booth =1 ASA buck AND more fun than you can shake a stick at.
Sticks not provided by the asa. any and all sticks must be blunt on both ends. shake at your own risk. only shake said sticks in approves stick shaking areas. please follow all posted signs pertaining to stick shaking. some age limits do apply please see the warning lable for full stick shaking rules and limitation. If you or someone you love has a problem with stick shaking please visit a licensed professional. not valid in all states.

....and at the end of that light there is another tunnel

ChuckZilla
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by ChuckZilla » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:08 pm

Count on half a day minimum from me Sloppo. SDORC will be awarding my buggy to me on Sunday so I will need to be away from the booth for a time but that shouldn't take too long. :lol:
ASA
CORVA
SDORC
Never ride alone
GPS, money well spent
If you leave trash, you are trash

Thunderjake101
1st Gear Member

Post by Thunderjake101 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:41 pm

Yeah, I'll see what I can do to make it out. But basically, its all up to my uncle. But, if i can't make it out. I'll be there with you mentally, spiritually, and emotionally! :D :lol:
Life is too short. Be the best you can be, keeping pushing forward and never look back.

[Insert Witty Signature Here]

Grumpy Wookiee
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Grumpy Wookiee » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:10 pm

Slop,

I promise I will make it to one of these, but not this one. I almost voluntered, but when I saw the ASA was not providing the sticks, I decided it was a gimick and decided not to attend.

Actually, Im getting married that weekend. Sorry.
"The Grumpy Wookiee"

BHenry
Bulletin Board Administrator
Bulletin Board Administrator
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by BHenry » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:19 am

This show has grown to be almost as large as the Sand Sports Super Show. I would strongly recommend to every volunteer to check it out. :D
I'll relinquish my right to ride when you relinquish your right to breathe
Bryan Henry
KG6OQD

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair

Post by Sloppyduner » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:27 pm

Grumpy Wookiee wrote: Actually, Im getting married that weekend. Sorry.
=; Well if I would have gotten an INVITATION I would have known and had them move the date of the expo. :-^

You'll be missed.

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair

Re: Extreme Motorsports Expo

Post by Sloppyduner » Wed May 21, 2008 5:33 am

What a GREAT show.

First off I really need to congratulate Lisa Markley. She stepped up big time and ran the booth for us this year. She lives in South Orange County and it saved me lots of time and gas money to have her run the booth. I think this booth was by far the nicest looking and most organized of all the booths I have seen from us at any show, that's not the SSSS that is.
Given that our server was down and we didn't get a chance to send out a mass E-mail in a timely manner quite a few volunteers still stepped up to help.

Lisa brought her mother Karen Markly and sister Carrie Kahn along to help in the booth. Jim Colln stepped up and did two days at the booth, as did our very own chairman of the board of directors Bill Jones. Bill was even there to help set up Thursday morning after bring the merchandise trailer out from Rialto. Jeff Hunter, Scott Taint,Jerry Appleget, his two grandsons,
and Dick Holiday also worked the booth, Chuck Moore worked the booth Sunday and transported the merchandise trailer.

Thank you to all who gave their time to help the American Sand Association This Weekend =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Return to “Upcoming Events”