Good old 43 CFR 8365.1-6

Under the Federal Advisory Committee Act, input from the subgroup will be presented directly to the DAC for its deliberation and consideration. The DSG replaces the ISDRATRT.

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

jhitesma
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Good old 43 CFR 8365.1-6

Post by jhitesma » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:50 pm

This mess over the definition of Primary Vehicle has me wondering.

Would it be possible for the TRT to request a full list of ALL supplementary rules the BLM has created in regards to the dunes?

This is vital information for every visitor and should be easily obtained but the BLM has not been following through on the requirements to post these rules where visitors can read them. And to be honest I don't even think the BLM knows what they all are anymore.

These aren't like normal federal regulations and BLM rules which are easy to find in one location. They're only published when they're created and then apparently not being cataloged locally as they should be. This is information that the BLM is required to provide and they're not.

So while I know the BLM can ask I suppose the bigger questions are:

1) Can/Will the BLM reply with a satisfactory answer?

2) Can/Will the BLM reply with an accurate answer?

and the biggie -

What if the answer to either 1 or 2 above is "No"?

LoBuck
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Re: Good old 43 CFR 8365.1-6

Post by LoBuck » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:17 am

jhitesma wrote:Would it be possible for the TRT to request a full list of ALL supplementary rules the BLM has created in regards to the dunes?

I'll ask for them. If I get them I'll upload them to the document section on isdratrt.org.
jhitesma wrote:So while I know the BLM can ask I suppose the bigger questions are:
Did you mean to type TRT where you have BLM?
Glenn Montgomery - KE7BTP
'79 CJ5
http://www.YumaDuners.com - LoBuck's Web Page
DAC ISDRA Sub Group Member - AZ OHV Rep BLM ISDRA DSG webpage

jhitesma

Post by jhitesma » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:41 am

LoBuck wrote:
jhitesma wrote:So while I know the BLM can ask I suppose the bigger questions are:
Did you mean to type TRT where you have BLM?
Whoops...Yep I did mean TRT not BLM there.

jhitesma

Post by jhitesma » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:57 am

One from the past.....

But I never heard back...yes or no on this.

It's come up again on Glamis Dunes.com with a discussion about whether or not the BLM has a supplementary rule about non CARB-compliant gas cans after someone claims their co-worker had their old style gas cans dumped out and confiscated. CARB rules only say you can't sell old style cans, and an exhaustive search of various laws has found nothing to say you can't continue to use your old cans - just that they can't be sold. An e-mail to CARB came back confirming that there is to law against using old style cans - BUT - some agencies such as the BLM may have passed supplementary rules against them.

So, once again I ask. Is there a comprehensive list of supplementary rules the BLM has created that affect the dunes? The rules page on their website is not comprehensive, the pass rules for example are paraphrased rather than the actual rules that were published in the Federal Register.

jhitesma

Post by jhitesma » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:38 pm

Still wondering.....

Return to “Desert Advisory Council (DAC) ISDRA Sub Group (DSG)”