Hardpack, Trails, Sand, and More.

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

Sandcock
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Holloween Weekend

Post by Sandcock » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:27 pm

We spent the weekend off of Pole Line for Holloween Weekend and what a great weekend it was. The weather was near perfect, no wind, and a very light crowd. I finally was able to find Oil Well Wash and it was a great ride. Usually, I end up in South Sand Dunes Wash, which is a great ride too, but it was nice to do something different. We also made our way out to hills north of Devil's Slide via Tarantula Wash and found a small wash canyon where people have been stacking rocks. When you come upon it, it looks like a lot of small people at first.........Alien Nation :lol:

Caution for those of you that camp Pole Line, there is some major sand build-up at one of the passes as you head north (about a mile off of 78). My buddy with a large pusher got stuck, but he was not the only one, i.e. several people got stuck there. It was awesome to see the brotherhood come to the rescue and pull him out accpeting no compensation other than a thank you. Many thank you's to those that helped. If you intend to go past there towards Alkali Wash you will need to detour over to the actual Pole Line Road to the West and go around the small ridge and back to the Pole Line Road that we pull our riggs on.

There were a few accidents, as was evident by the Ranger/ambulance activity, which happens out there. :(
The real egalitarians are not the people who want to redistribute wealth to the poor, but those who want to extend to the poor the ability to create their own wealth, to lift themselves up, instead of trying to tear others down. Earning respect, including self-respect, is better than being a parasite. Thomas Sowell

mpc
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Re: Holloween Weekend

Post by mpc » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:24 pm

I came across this "rock garden" last year. I'm guessing it's the one you're referring to.
I always enjoy Ocotillo Wells. I've never once been bored there.
Mike in Vista, CA
My Willys Website

Sandcock
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Holloween Weekend

Post by Sandcock » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:42 am

That is the one and a sweet little wash to ride in. Yea, every time I ride there I find something new. I've been hunting for Oil Well Wash for some time and finally found it last time out. Every time I looked for it I ended up in South Sand Dune Wash. That's a cool wash to kick it in too. Thanks for the totally cool pic mpc :wink: we forgot the camera #-o
The real egalitarians are not the people who want to redistribute wealth to the poor, but those who want to extend to the poor the ability to create their own wealth, to lift themselves up, instead of trying to tear others down. Earning respect, including self-respect, is better than being a parasite. Thomas Sowell

Return to “Ocotillo Wells”