New laws go into effect January 1
Here's what's been happening:
Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles (ROV) have been defined and regulated per California Legislation AB1595 and AB1266. Major changes include:
Effective January 1, 2013
- CVC 38600: Less than 16 years of age must be SUPERVISED.
- CVC 38601: HELMETS required for all operators and passengers.
- CVC 38601: Seat/shoulder belt or SAFETY HARNESS required when in motion.
- CVC 38604: Requires passengers to be able to grasp the HANDHOLD while properly restrained with back against the seat back.
Effective July 1, 2013*
- CVC 38603: Passengers must be seated in location designed and provided by manufacturer.
- Created on .
- Last updated on .