LT 80 Rebuild Time...

Technical Discussion Forum

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

MR. PETE
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

LT 80 Rebuild Time...

Post by MR. PETE »

Alright, alright I know that there has been many good LT80 rebuild threads in the last few years, but I do not have the time to do the work myself.

So, if any one has one, I am looking for a referral for a good place or person that can do this work in a timely manner. Timely means done in a few weeks max. I would prefer the location to be near central Orange County, CA.

The quad is a bone stock 1995 model that has never been rebuilt, just well maintained. That's right, after 2 nephews, a niece, a daughter and currently a son, all and all, it has run very good for about 13 years with out a rebuild. It has been a very reliable bike.

However, it seems that the clutch is not gripping as well as it probably should be, probably due to the age of the bike and the size of my almost 8 year old, 90lb son. Because he is getting so big, he is probably only going to be able to ride it for another year.

I figure if I have to do the clutch, I may as well go through and freshen the motor too.

If anyone has an idea how much this kind of work costs let me know too. If it is not cost effective to do the work, then I will probably sell it to somebody for their 45lb dune prince or princess to ride for a year or two prior to a rebuild.

BTW - for all you safety totalitarians out there, regardless of his size and what I have stated previously, you should take comfort in that he will be riding this LT 80 until he is 16 years old.

The handle bars will be hitting his shins and he will not be able to turn, but my little angel will come to understand that it is for his own good. O:)

Thank you for the response!

:)

crash
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by crash »

There is a clutch assembly on the rear of the belt drive assembly under the dust cover. Unfortunately, I think if I remember the last time I did it, you pretty much have to disassemble the bike. I. E. take out the engine and tranny. :cry:

Schematics and parts available at http://www.bikebandit.com. :D

MR. PETE
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by MR. PETE »

Thanks crash, that is a good website. I'll keep it in mind for future needs.

However, because of time constraints, I would rather find a reputable person to do the work.

Any one have some referrals?

Thanks.

Return to “ATV & Motorcycle”