elite off road in santee

Technical Discussion Forum

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

JBAKER

elite off road in santee

Post by JBAKER »

I am going to drive down on saturday to check them out. Anyone have first hand knowledge of the handling of their cars? Do they deliver when they say they will? How does the car handle? if you have not personally ridden in one, your comment doesn't mean much, so first hand experience is appreciated.

DesertDogs
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by DesertDogs »

I visited them 2-3 months ago. Spoke to them at length and was intrigued. They told me they were planning a trip to give some people some rides in the cars, and would call me so I go out and experience the ride.

Never got a call, emailed, never got a reply.

Gonna spend my money elsewhere
Duners are the only real Dune-biologists.

'If I had a dollar for every square acre of sensitive land that is now under houses and malls, I'd be richer than Bill Gates, and the President of the Seirra Club'

D.U.N.E.R. Member

madweazl
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by madweazl »

No first hand experience with them here either. I had emailed them with some questions and never received a reply. Their cars were visually appealing to me. Sorry I'm of little help but in my opinion if they have little time for me I have NO money for them.

SandLimo and Funco (and Short Sand Cars who I placed an order with recently) all contacted me very quickly.
Frantco Motorsports V3SS (sort of, you'll see...)
'06 Yamaha Raptor
'91 Kawasaki Mojave

JBAKER

Post by JBAKER »

Aaron,
Glad to see you finaaly made a decision. I myself gave up on Tech3 for the same reasons. I was prepared to give the guy a deposit, but he had nothing worked up for me. Said he was to busy at the show and would get back to me, still have heard nothing. I emailed Elite and received a response very quickly. Funco wants to much for their SSE by the time you get nickled and dimed. All these cars are WAY over priced. You have people putting cadillac and corvette motors in their cars, when you can purchase a cad or vetter for less!!!!!!! My daily driver Mustang Convertible 2001 cost less than the sand car I want. Oh well its only money, I just hope the dunes stay open after my purchase.

madweazl
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by madweazl »

Humm, Tech3 was very helpful and pretty prompt with me as well. Wonder what happened, maybe they are getting really busy now. What made me decide on a different car (than the Tech3) was how they were put together (and the ride I got with them left a lot to be desired too, all 5 minutes of it, in which we started up a hill at Dumont and stopped and went back down because we got stuck, drivers fault not the car, and trip through the whoops was about 5mph). They use bushings in everything and over all they were made cheaply, I was hoping that maybe they were just charging less but in reality you were just getting a lot less.

Its possible to put together both a Limo Cruiser and Gen 3 for under 25k and have a nice setup still with a turboed Subaru (I was going to try a 5.0l Ford as I just had one lying around, well, I would after I dropped a nice 347 in the 'stang, hehe).

In the end the SSC fell into what I was originally looking for, a smaller car the was very light weight but still had enough travel and power to have fun with. I strayed from this initial idea after hearing my wife wanting a 4/5 seat car so we could take friends out. I have 2 quads, they can ride those :D The buggy is my toy dag nabbit! Who knows, I might find its not what I wanted and sell it and try to build another. Hell, maybe try to build my own (oh god, lol).
Frantco Motorsports V3SS (sort of, you'll see...)
'06 Yamaha Raptor
'91 Kawasaki Mojave

JBAKER

Post by JBAKER »

I talked to tech3 they lost my business. cars cheap and return calls. think im going with elite offroad

Greg Hall
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member

Post by Greg Hall »

John,
Did you make it to Elite Off-Road on Saturday? If so...opinion?
Greg Hall
KG6IAT
http://www.hallsengine.com
Visiting and helping to protect the dunes since 1962

http://www.RideOcotilloWells.com

'06 KTM 525EXC
'98 KTM 620SC
'06 KDX 200..my son's bike
KX 100 My 11 year old son's
KFX 400 also my son's bike
LT 500..all mine

Dunacious