Dumont Night Drags

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

FE135
1st Gear Member
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Dumont Night Drags

Post by FE135 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:54 am

I took some photos of the night drags at Dumont. It was pretty cool to see some high end methanol burning quads. Thought I would share the link.

http://nealrideout.zenfolio.com/p730774970

RX 4 INSANDITY
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Re: Dumont Night Drags

Post by RX 4 INSANDITY » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:03 pm

Nice Shots!!!
Looks like everyone had a good time.

--Mike
Offroading and Concern for the Environment are NOT Mutually Exclusive

HSSC
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by HSSC » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:05 pm

Some brilliant colors in the shots and some Sand Mountain NV. shots in the mix too. So what do you do with the camera to get those colors? Looks like multiple shots/layers or ? A bit unreal but neat to look at. Thanks.
Public lands are for public use.
Ken & family
Mt. Rose HWY,Reno NV.

FE135
1st Gear Member

Post by FE135 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:05 am

HSSC wrote:Some brilliant colors in the shots and some Sand Mountain NV. shots in the mix too. So what do you do with the camera to get those colors? Looks like multiple shots/layers or ? A bit unreal but neat to look at. Thanks.
No Sand Mountain there. It's all Dumont.

I crave color in my shots. The camera is set up to maximize this. It's just my take on photography. Everyone has a style and I guess you could say it's my artistic side of things. "A bit unreal but neat to look at", Unreal might be subjective but neat to look at is the goal, thank you!

The reason some look like multiple shots is the effect of a flash along with a longer shutter. The flash freezes the action but the shutter is still open for a short time after to gather motion. Sometimes it works great, but not always. With no moon, it was dark and I had to up the ISO to get better shutter speeds. I kinda suck at panning shots so I use other methoods.

HSSC
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by HSSC » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:44 pm

Page 2 # 41 sure looked like Sand Mountain NV. but after a closer look I did see the "light". Wish I had a shot on my files to show you. I like what you are doing. I love the freedom we now have with the camera. Dynamic. =D>
Public lands are for public use.
Ken & family
Mt. Rose HWY,Reno NV.

FE135
1st Gear Member

Post by FE135 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:30 am

HSSC wrote:Page 2 # 41 sure looked like Sand Mountain NV. but after a closer look I did see the "light". Wish I had a shot on my files to show you. I like what you are doing. I love the freedom we now have with the camera. Dynamic. =D>
On the right side of that photo is "Banshee Hill", where the drags were. It's located in the center of the dune complex. I have never been to Sand Mountain but I'm sure it's a fun place. I'm glad you like the photos. I enjoy taking them.

Return to “Dumont Dunes”