lost dog at glamis 04/15/06 red heeler**WE GOT HIM BACK!!!!!

Post it here

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

fast50chick
1st Gear Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

lost dog at glamis 04/15/06 red heeler**WE GOT HIM BACK!!!!!

Post by fast50chick » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:54 pm

Please help!
we lost our red and grey queensland heeler at glamis dunes near Gecko road off highway 78 over easter weekend. His name is Tank he weighs approx 35 lbs. Tank is red and grey and is very friendly. Tank is wearing a red harness and a black leather coach collar. He is registered and has tags with his name and our cell phone # on his tag. He is very friendly but a little shy. Tank has a cropped tail and just turned one year old last week. He is greatly loved and greatly missed. any info would be wonderful.
Thank you and god bless
602-300-2849
Last edited by fast50chick on Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LoBuck
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by LoBuck » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:11 pm

I hope someone finds your dog fast50chick.

Free bUmP.
Glenn Montgomery - KE7BTP
'79 CJ5
http://www.YumaDuners.com - LoBuck's Web Page
DAC ISDRA Sub Group Member - AZ OHV Rep BLM ISDRA DSG webpage

f-BOB
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by f-BOB » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:25 am

We'll be out this weekend and will keep our eyes out for him.
If "pro" means yes, and "con" means no, is Congress the opposite of Progress?

'05-Raptor 660
'05-Raptor 350
'05 Banshee
'07 YFZ 450

fast50chick
1st Gear Member

lost dog **FOUND!!**

Post by fast50chick » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:25 pm

Hi there! we are happy to say that 3 days after Tank was missing he was found and returned to us! We were on our way back to Glamis tuesday morning to post signs everywhere when we got a call from a nice man out there from Dunes Edge Storage saying our dog came wandering to their camp this morning! He is safe at home now- no more doggy dune trips!
Thanks for everyones support
Brooke & John

LoBuck
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by LoBuck » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:59 pm

That's great news :!:
Glenn Montgomery - KE7BTP
'79 CJ5
http://www.YumaDuners.com - LoBuck's Web Page
DAC ISDRA Sub Group Member - AZ OHV Rep BLM ISDRA DSG webpage

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair

Post by Sloppyduner » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:08 pm

THAT'S AWSOME!!!!!! What is that two dogs that have been lost then found this season? But you'll never read about that in the papers. :?

My dog LOVES car rides now. He tried to get in my Odyssey when I was loading it back in Feb. But He's too much of a spazz to take him out to Glamis. Are "doggy downers" a widly used option? Do they make them too drowsey to listen? Will they still freak out and run even if they're sadated?

Sorry to bring that up here in the Lost and Found. Kinda makes me think there should be a Glamis Pets section somewhere. I Know the W16 crowd could use it :wink:

....and at the end of that light there is another tunnel

norocksplease
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by norocksplease » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:15 pm

Sloppyduner wrote:THAT'S AWSOME!!!!!! What is that two dogs that have been lost then found this season? But you'll never read about that in the papers. :?

My dog LOVES car rides now. He tried to get in my Odyssey when I was loading it back in Feb. But He's too much of a spazz to take him out to Glamis. Are "doggy downers" a widly used option? Do they make them too drowsey to listen? Will they still freak out and run even if they're sadated?

Sorry to bring that up here in the Lost and Found. Kinda makes me think there should be a Glamis Pets section somewhere. I Know the W16 crowd could use it :wink:
We use downers on my dalmation when the fireworks start going, otherwise we use warm milk. The dogs can still function...just not well. Our other dog took one because someone lit off a firework like nothing I've ever heard and was freaking out. We took her out to go to the bathroom and she just stood there wobbling. Pretty funny to watch. The dalmation, even at 11 is still so energetic that she did try to run but she couldn't outrun me at all. Vets say to only use them if you must, don't make it a wonder drug.

RacingRay
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by RacingRay » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:24 pm

Actually at least 3 Sloppy. MLK weekend some people came up to us after seeing our dogs and had found a Sheba Enu wandering out in the dunes. Just by happen stance an hour before some other people had been by our camp and dropped off a flyer they printed to pass out on their lost Sheba Enu. It was their lucky day as they had no pictures. What were the odds they just happened to bring the dog to us and we just so happen to also own a Sheba Enu and knew right away who it belonged to! A quick call to their cell phone and they had their dog back just before driving away after giving up hope of finding the dog that had been wandering for 3 days! Fireworks were to blame in this one too!

fast50chick
1st Gear Member

Post by fast50chick » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:36 pm

Actually lots of dogs get lost at the dunes each weekend. Its pretty sad.
When we were searching franticly for our dog Tank we went over to the ranger station to report he was lost. There was one dog already at the station waiting to get reunited to his family and two more that were united later that day. We went up to the ranger station on Gecko every hour for our dog. The rangers at that station are awesome and very sympathetic. he even gave us his cell # so we could contact him when he wasnt in the office. I called him after our dog was found and he so pumped!

Return to “Lost & Found”