Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Toyhauler Magazine article on Pismo

Post by Kevlar » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:40 am

Thank you Jon

dellanini
1st Gear Member

Post by dellanini » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:55 pm

Kevin...As before...thanks and great job on the article....

Here is some more information...

This is a sample of the sizable donations the Sierra Club receives to fight to close the dune, as FoOD barely makes 3-5 thousand a weekend selling tickets for a raffle buggy. If and when we can get it out!!

Check out "C" as this guy specifically notes his donation is to fight to close the dunes!!!

We need HELP!! Big $$$$ help!!!

# 6. VEHICLES ON BEACH:
A. The BOS will have a hearing on Dec. 9th dealing with selling country property to the state to continue vehicle "recreation". Katcho is the key vote here----<kachadjian@co.slo.ca.us>
B. Kevin P. Rice is the paid lobbyist of the vehicle corporations-----beware.
C. I just contributed $10,000 to the Sierra Club on their legal action against State Parks SVRA. that promote (with your tax dollars) vehicle driving as a type of "recreation" at Oceano. Letter from Sierra Club below (with address to contribute---hint)
Bill: Yes, we press onward to remove the vehicles from the beach as our end goal, and mark the first downs at each push forward. I believe we will get there - all the way - but the steps are incremental and the necessity for continual pressure is certain.
The current legal action we're doing is complicated by the concurrent law suit against the County by Friends (ha-ha) of Oceano Dunes. We are all joined at the hip, so to speak. Coastal Commission is short- staffed, so they cannot help in ways that might be beneficial.
Currently we've identified a good deal of research work into old archives that needs to be done to establish the case for the buffer
zone. We must pay for that research work. All of that said, I continue to feel optimistic that we can make substantial gains with
our suit. But we won't know 'til early next year at the soonest. With the craziness in the financial markets right now that certainly
won't right themselves any time soon, our little Chapter is feeling the pinch like everyone else. I hope you are not adversely affected,
Bill. Of course we continue to need to raise funds to support the Dunes law suit, and to broaden the awareness of the community as to what is at stake if the dunes are not protected. If you are willing and able to make an additional contribution to the
effort, Bill, your donation would be enormously appreciated, as is your recent gift. If it would benefit you to make an end-of-the-year
donation, you can write a check with the same wording as previously: "The Sierra Club Foundation Santa Lucia Chapter Land Preservation
Fund," and send it to the Chapter at P.O. Box 15755, San Luis Obispo, CA 93406.
(comment: If U say U do not have any money I suggest U write a letter to editor. They stopped printing mine)

"PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COPY AN POST THIS WHEREVER YOU THINK IT WILL HELP RAISE MONEY TO FIGHT TO KEEP "OUR" DUNES OPEN!!

Please feel free to contact me if you want to help or want more information..

save_pismo@comcast.net
or
Richard

Kevlar
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Kevlar » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:14 pm

dellanini wrote:The current legal action we're doing is complicated by the concurrent law suit against the County by Friends (ha-ha) of Oceano Dunes.
Shows what they think about us

SHOWTIME
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by SHOWTIME » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:25 pm

keep up the good fight!
if we all stick together we will win!

Return to “Pismo Oceano Dunes”