FS: Custom 2002 DS650 (800) - Super fast!! Brand New!!

Photo Classified Ads

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

velocity111
1st Gear Member

FS: Custom 2002 DS650 (800) - Super fast!! Brand New!!

Post by velocity111 »

I moved from CA to NY and am only now getting settled. There is no riding out here, and no friends have rides (all cars here), so my brand new dune rider and parts are going up for sale.

I have a custom build 2002 Bombardier DS650, motor has been built by Eric at Oldham, bored and stroked to an 800 putting out 83rwhp and 65 lbs of torque, and I've removed about 80lbs off the bike. Mods are too many to list, but here's the start of the list:

Some of the mods are: (but not limited to)
Fireball racing A arms +1/+1 w/ show chrome
Fireball swinger +4 w/ show chrome
Resprung and powder coated front springs
Race Tech rear shocks
Newer OEM HID light
PWR Radiator
Vortex ignition
Klein Racing custom built subframe (oem is 38 lbs., mine is 5 lbs.) – two subs included
JJA aluminum axle
IMS pegs
HPR exhaust w/ coating good to 2000 degrees – will not change color at all.
Arc Light Lithium Ion battery
Flexx bars
Tach and oil pressure gauges
SS brake line
IMS shifter
Motor work: HPR built motor –
HPR porting
+4” titanium valves
HP5 Cams
Bored and stroked
15:1 comp
48mm Lectron carb
12 paddle stagger cut paddle brats

This quad was built with the "have your cake and eat it too..." mindset, did a 30 min ride to set up the front end, and another 30 min for fun - total run time on the brand new motor, plus 5-6 dyno pulls. I sold the new plastics I bought for the bike, because the thing just looked too good to cover up, the "road warrior" look works for this thing. I have about $22,000 into this bike - motor alone was $10k+, asking $11,900 - or trade for comperable chopper, car, boat.

I also have a second DS800 motor, but with a stock head that's dis-assembled. Lower end is all brand new and never run, dis-assembled head is stock, but also has a set of HP5 cams. Asking $5500 - or trade for comperable items

I have shipped 4 quads through Forward Air with no issues, that would be the preferrable way to ship, but am open to suggestions.

I have other items I'll list here shortly, just need to unpack it all. Feel free to call me at 585-301-0300, PM me, or email at cobalt105@yahoo.com, additional pics are available.
Attachments
quads 036a.jpg
quads 042a.jpg
quads 043a.jpg
quads 041a.jpg
Last edited by velocity111 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Woodglue
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Re: FS: Custom 2002 DS650 (800) - Super fast!! Brand New!!

Post by Woodglue »

:shock: Wow!

Welcome to the board velocity111!
Good luck with the sale. :wink:
My Avatar is BLM's DRAMP Proposed OHV Access under Alt #3.
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

velocity111
1st Gear Member

Post by velocity111 »

Thanks, I can't tell you how much I miss the sand. Frost on the grass this morning here in NY - oh the joy...........

Woodglue
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by Woodglue »

Yeah, Calif to NY... that's gotta be a tough move to make!
I couldn't see myself doing it [-(
My Avatar is BLM's DRAMP Proposed OHV Access under Alt #3.
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

velocity111
1st Gear Member

Post by velocity111 »

Hey all, I've been detained at work for quite a while - 75% of my time on the road between US, China, and India, but have cooled the traveling for a while. I also wanted to repost that I have the quad up for sale again, and at a significantly lower price for any interested - asking $7900 or best offer. Keep in mind that I paid $8k just for the motor alone, I don't ride it, so I got to move it.

I also have the second new 800 motor (without head but w/ HP5 cams) as well, make an offer.

It suxs being in NY without sand, and with my work load and two kids I don't have the time to ride anymore, with luck someone can take advantage of my situation and help us both out.

I'm also still willing to entertain trades for cars, bikes, etc. anything comparable.

Cheers!

azsandrider
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by azsandrider »

Nice looking DS650...

I know your 'pain' about having too much in a quad.

I have my DS650 fuel injected with a turbo with 7 pounds of boost (85 rear wheel HP & about 63 ftpds of torque) with a lot of other mods. I got over $16000 in the quad and figured I couldn't sell it for more than $5000, so I'll just keep it and ride it occasionally in the dunes. (I'm transitioning to a rail as I'm getting older and slower on the quad)

Heck, I have a properly built Banshee duner with over $10000 in mid 1990's dollars sitting that I can't get $3000 for... maybe I'll ride that this season once or twice....

I can tell you that your price is extremely fair and a DS650 is a perfect dune cruiser. The person who buys this will not be disappinted if your descripton is accurate.

Good Luck...

PS - where did you get the seat done? I'm looking to get a desert seat mod for my DS.
(The above statement is my own opinion and not that of the ASA's.)

T. Wight
Mesa, AZ.
ASA Supporting Member
ASA Volunteer

Is your spouse an ASA member??? Numbers count!!

Return to “ATV • Motorcycle • Buy & Sell”