1st Gear Member

For Sale 1990 Long travel Honda Pilot

Post by Dune Nazi » Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:31 am

Posting this for a friend

FOR SALE:
1990 long travel pilot front and rear
39 mm carb
rad valve with carbon fiber reeds
quickshift clutch (2nd quickshift clutch for parts)
powerbloc clutch (new not installed, and another for parts)
torque pipe
digitron dtk32 egt/tach/water temp guage (dual display with backlight)
team tech harness
radiator relocate kit
air box mod with new filters and outer wears
braided steel brake lines
tires are 90% or better
stock rims with beadlocks on front
bumpsteer kit
no rev CDI box

I have recently taken this pilot apart and cleaned everything and replaced lots of parts.

Frame has been painted
axles rebuilt
rear bearing carriers rebuilt
bumpsteer bearings replaced
tranny seals replaced
silencer packing is good
new rear brakes
all fluids drained and replaced

All the plastic is in good but used condition. The foot tub has a 3" crack that has been stop drilled and sticked. The roll cage has a slight bend in one place.

Everything on this pilot works the way it should. I am including all of my spare parts inventory which is probably worth 800-1000 dollars. There is an extra set of stock wheels with new 21-7-10 tires on them and a set of stock rear wheels as well with no tires on them. I am going out to take pictures and will try to post them as soon as I can.

I want $10500 for everything I have I will not split any of the parts up as this is a package deal. I will include a 2003 6 x 10 open trailer for another $600 if you want it.

You can reach me at cgroff@bellsouth.net but please if you are not serious do not waste my time or yours.

Jerry Seaver
ASA Co-Founder • Past President
ASA Co-Founder • Past President
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Jerry Seaver » Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:09 am

Who did the long travel and how much travel does it have?
What shocks does it have? Reserviors on the shocks?
Whose torque Pipe?
What do you mean by, "axles rebuilt"?
Is the engine stock?
What bore is the Engine on?
What kind and brand of tires?

Thanks

PilotHawK
1st Gear Member

Post by PilotHawK » Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:21 pm

The long travel is an ATV racing setup. I think the advertised travel on their setup is 12+ front and rear. It has custom axxis shocks with reservoirs front and rear. The axles are the ATVR long travel axles and the cv's have been inspected and repacked with new grease The final shaft was also lubricated to faciltate future axle removal. The splines on the axle stubs and the final shaft show very little if any wear. The tires on the front are 22x7-10 bandit AT's and the rear are Dunlops (not sure of the exact mode) Both front and rear tires have 90%+ tread left with no plugs or patches (they are trail tires and not paddles). I believe the torque pipe is and ATVR torque pipe as well. Not sure what bore the engine is on since I have never been inside of it. The cylinder has not been ported, and the compression comes in at 146-148 psi depending on which guage I use.

here is a complete list of recent pics. The pilot is dirty from about 30 min worth of riding I did after the reassembly of this machine. It ran strong and the suspension felt great. http://bellsouthpwp.net/c/g/cgroff/Pilo ... t/forsale/

I am selling this pilot because I have an 8 year old and its hard to justify having a machine I can't ride with him in tow.

Return to “Pilot & Odyssey • Buy & Sell”