Sandfest???

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

aleig14572
1st Gear Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Sandfest???

Post by aleig14572 » Wed Dec 26, 2001 9:53 am

Does anybody know anything about Sandfest?? I think it's in August or September, but I don't know exact details.

98 XR400R 01 F-350

sduncan
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by sduncan » Wed Dec 26, 2001 8:42 pm

It will be held in the latter part of August in 2002. Call the Winchester Bay Chamber of Commerce for exact dates.

KEEP DUNIN'

EBCMIKE
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by EBCMIKE » Thu Dec 27, 2001 9:34 am

It is now called Dune Fest, it was taken over by Les Grey of the ASDA. http://www.sanddrags.com

MIKE NESCHKEhttp://www.extremebuggies.commiken@extremebugg ... lathon.com

aleig14572
1st Gear Member

Post by aleig14572 » Fri Dec 28, 2001 2:01 pm

if it was taken over by ASDA, does that mean that the main focus will be on sand drags? I was thinking about coming up from California to check it out this summer.

98 XR400R 01 F-350

Backcountry
1st Gear Member

Post by Backcountry » Thu Jan 03, 2002 10:16 am

I spoke with Les in great detail at the WinterNationals about DuneFest...Last year, Steve W. decided just a couple of weeks prior to the actual event(SANDFest) that he didnt want to be the promoter anymore. As Steve owned the rights to SandFest is was changed to DuneFest and as Les had committed his resources already to coming to Oregon, he took over the primary roll as promoter. During our conversation he stated that the ASDA would be happy to come back up, but NOT as the primary promoter.

The Winchester Bay CoC was rumored to be working with the feds and all the other groups to get DuneFest going again....as to its status...I'd say it's tentative right now. It's on schedule for August 1,2,3.

DuneFest is on the ASDA schedule, but thats subject to change. As to the majority of the focus of DuneFest being sand-drags...thats likely unless some other parties get involved to bring other events there (MX, etc).

I am working with Les to see about adding more heads-up racing to the format this year. Last years Banshee Bash went well, but I see that it needs some tweaks to get the non-Banshee cylindered engines into thier own class(4 classes stock, super stock, mod, super-mod/unltd). Also some Honda-R racing needs to be added, as well as just a general 4 stroke class. Hopefully there will be King of the Hill racing worked in as well.

Be proactive, call the Winchester Bay C of C and tell them that you want to see DuneFest.

-Backcountry
"Ride hard, ride often"

aleig14572
1st Gear Member

Post by aleig14572 » Fri Jan 04, 2002 1:44 pm

That sounds like it would be a blast. I think that king of the hill and some quad/moto races would be fun to watch and or compete in. I don't know if prizes would be involved but that usually sparks the interest of competition. I have some budies from the North Coast California that went last year and had a good time. So I've decided that I'll go this year.
I'm sure that if there is some events and people attend Dune Fest, getting some sponsers shouldn't be too hard.
As for the Winchester Bay C of C, are they against this? I'll call them and ask questions to show interest in coming to their town.

98 XR400R 01 F-350

Trazz
1st Gear Member

Post by Trazz » Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:36 am

LTZ 400
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by LTZ 400 » Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:48 pm

My son and I are coming up for Dunefest. Any recommendations on camping at the event? We're self contained in the toybox but would like to park as close as possible to the dunes and or beach. How's the weather?

Thanks,

David

Return to “Oregon Dunes”