ASA Co-Founder • Past President
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Fee Increase

Post by Vincent J Brunasso » Wed Nov 13, 2002 11:12 am

BLM Press Release:

For Release: November 6, 2002 Contact: Ferris Clegg (435)896-1511

Fee Increase at Little Sahara Recreation Area

The manager of the Fillmore Field Office has approved a fee increase at the Little Sahara Recreation Area starting January 1, 2003 to help defer operating and maintenance costs.

The Day Use Fee will increase from $6.00 per vehicle to $8.00 per vehicle. This includes use of the area for one day and camping for one night.

The Annual Pass will increase from $55.00 per vehicle to $75.00 per vehicle. If a person owns two vehicles and wishes to purchase a second Annual Pass for the second vehicle, it may be purchased for $50.00. These annual passes CANNOT BE TRANSFERRED from one vehicle to another. These passes are good from January 1, 2003 until December 31, 2003.

To provide comments or obtain additional information regarding this proposal, contact Ferris Clegg at the Richfield Field Office, 435-896-1511 by December 1, 2002.

Vincent J. Brunasso
ASA Co-Founder and past president

“My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.”
--Thomas Jefferson

Sandgod

Post by Sandgod » Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:13 pm

The increase is waaaay steep on a percentage basis. Our dunes are kept very clean compared to Glamis. I know we don't get the traffic Glamis does. I would just like to see more in the way of something like a store at the base of Sand Mtn or whatever for the fee increase. Plenty of tickets are written out and the dunes probably see a coulpe hundred thousand vehicle's in a season. Times that by eight bucks and we should get something for the money paid.. Little Sahara is the biggest money maker for that county by far!!

mrlongtravel
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by mrlongtravel » Sat Nov 16, 2002 11:42 pm

Its plain ridiculous that fees are going up! I remember a time when no fees were charged long ago and the facilities were not that much different or better then today!

The increased fee will not keep me from going to Sand Mountain, On the other hand I can go to St Anthony in Idaho, A much better dune for buggies and it doesn't cost one red cent to get in. The rangers are easy to deal with and helpful. And you don't need a freaking whip flag on your motorcycle! Who came up with that law was looking for a way to make revenue on $80 tickets on a duner! Utah...Greedy Greedy Utah!

Return to “Little Sahara Utah”