Post by RichB » Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:41 pm

We're prolly headin up.
ASA Member

RichB
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by RichB » Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:48 pm

Had a much better time this trip than right before memorial day. It appears that after many formal complaints and/or the BLM "coming to life" and taking responsibility for law enforcement of the meadows & their northern section of the dunes the Sheriff Dept and the State Rangers have backed completely off from patroling the meadows area. :lol:

The BLM had a camper setup at the entrance and had their own patrol both foot and vehicle. The came by the camp and politely asked if we new about the fire restriction and the other rules of the area. This was a 1 time occurance and we never were talked to again (nice compared to the harrassment of around memorial day). They were also allowing (by loose enforcement) kids under 8 to ride around as long as they were very well behaved and supervised. The only time I saw them stopping folks were those pit posers that had to race in the pits vice out on the coutless acres of open riding available :evil: They have a bad dust problem in the pits when folks start drag racing around in it so that to me is warrented and sensible.

This is a great place to stage out of as during the day it got near 100 degress so we headed to Bryce Canyon one day and to Zion the next. Lots of stuff to sightsee while the temps are up in the middle of the day.

Oh yeah, the Cane Bed road was is "normal" condition which is totally acceptable to me i.e. 7 miles of 30-40mph driving 3-4 miles of 15-20mph.
ASA Member

OBSESSED
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by OBSESSED » Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:05 pm

The Beauty of Coral Pink is breath taking!

I love that area...

Steve

Return to “Coral Pink Dunes”