My Prayers WERE Answered!

No fences. Non area specific. General discussion forum.

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

OBSESSED
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

My Prayers WERE Answered!

Post by OBSESSED »

My prayers were answered today!

I just got to share this story!

Yes, my old cool next door neighbor moved out last week, and I was worried about what kind of neighbor would move in.
Would they allow me to continue my skirting of the rules of the Peoples Republic of Placentia? (In Placentia, you will only get a ticket if a neighbor complains about certain infractions.)

Placentia Rules I break all the time:
No RV in driveway.
No trailer parked on property unless it is "screened from view"
No RV on street for over 24 hours

Now, I park my motor home and trailer in my drive way daily/nightly.
Way against the rules!
Would they understand my sand obsession (how could any 'NORMAL' non dune person understand?)
Would they mind if I blocked the driveway and the street as I load and unload every weekend (duning with two rails requires me to be either at the dunes or prepping the rails for the dunes every weekend!).
How would my life play out after the new neighbors move in?
Yes I was worried…

But my fears and worries ended this morning at 7:11am this morning (oh what a beautiful morning!).
I heard what sounded like a truck backing.
So with coffee in hand, I went out to greet my new neighbors.
Low and behold…the new neighbor was trying to back in his "WEEKEND WARRIOR" trailer! Bill my cop neighbor was helping him. The trailer, had pictures of quads and bikes on the back…

"Hi You met my dog Roxy, we didn't really meet, my name is Steve"

"I'm Eric"

Bill my cop neighbor started laughing, that sly chuckle of his, I had shared my worries with Bill. Bill could tell, the new neighbor would fit right in.

"Hey Eric, whatcha got in that Weekend Warrior?"

"Three quads, two ATC's and a bike…"

That my dune friends, was Music to the Obsessed One ears!

Yes it would be a beautiful day...

Steve be dancing!

Virginsand
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Virginsand »

Steve,The sand God has blessed you today, Give him praise by shredding some dunes.

I keep my MH on the side of my house with only 8'6" of room between the wall and the property line, I can get it back far enough to comply with the city's set back rules. I too was blessed.

Dennis

jhitesma

Post by jhitesma »

Sand Gods were smiling on me today too. Took my mom out to Gordon's so I could play with her Nikon D1X (professional caliber digital camera). The buggy actually ran with NO problems and made it back on the trailer under it's own power at the end of the day! Yep, don't even seem to be leaking anymore oil even...either the leaks are now clogged up with sand or that new breather I put on did the trick.

And....mom who two years ago didn't make it 100yards down the flats before screaming for me to let her off actually made it to the top of Patton!

To top it off Matt finally made good on his offer to let me take his rail for a spin...and nothing on it broke either!

Got over 400 photos from today (there were some TRICK cars out at the drags and Patton) should have some killer ones to share later this week but I've got a lot of editing to do weeding out the bad ones with that many taken!

J. Hanes
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by J. Hanes »

Steve,

I see a beautiful friendship starting there. That is truly a well answered prayer. Give Eric a welcome from all of us.
Jerod

L&L Corvairs
ASA Board Member
ASA Board Member

Post by L&L Corvairs »

The Republic of Ontario isn't quite as bad, but almost. The one rule we break all the time:

No parking on grass. (This means your own front yard).

I can pave the whole thing over with cement, and no problem, but let one tire from one trailer hit the dirt.......(course, I often park the 20' trailer on the lawn all the way up to the house 3-7 days before leaving for Glamis :lol: ) MOST of the major anti-RV/dune/fun crowd have moved on...but there is STILL one....sigh....

Steve, you lucky dog....
Why couldn't that guy have moved in across from ME???? The sand gods must be angry with me....maybe I need to go to the sand and pray some more!!! :wink:

PS: Hey Steve, is that what Slappy looks like without his helmet? :shock:
L&L
It is not ours to decide the times in which we live.
It is only ours to decide what to do with the time given us.

Make the most of your time.

redrider
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by redrider »

Communist Claremont sounds alot like Placentia. As much as I don't like the nazi dictatorial rule this city likes to impose on it's citizens the property values do stay up in this anal snobby town. You won't see a RV or trailer in anybody's driveway or on any street in this town. If you do there from out of town visiting. That would be so cool to have fellow off-roaders as neighbors.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Sir Edmund Burke

YFZ Bob
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by YFZ Bob »

That COOL Steve It's sure nice to have neighbors that you can have fun with!!!
We have been blessed by the Sand Gods here too! When I first moved on our street our neighborhood, the guy next door came over to welcome us... First thing he said was, It's pretty much a quite street, nobody makes any noise unless they're cutting the lawn...
So a couple of weeks gone by I decided to ride my Banshee up and down the street. This brought attention to everybody. Oh boy here we go.... Cops are going to be BLAZE'n around the corner any minute now! So I parked the bike in the driveway, here comes a couple of guys...(Guys) Hey what's that thing you’re ridding... (Bob) It's a Banshee. (Guys) Oh Yeah? Where do you take it...(Bob) A place called Glamis, It's like Disneyland without the long lines LOL!...(Guys) Glamis??? Never been there... (Bob) Well you just need to come on out with us when the season starts, trust me One trip and you'll be hooked! (Guys) Hey we got a couple of motorcycles and my boy rides too, we'll go with ya! -to make a long story short, It’s 8 years later, (Guys) Hey Bob, Thanks for making us spend Thousands of Dollars on Toy-Haulers, Sand Toys and Buggies... (Bob) Hey no problem, I told you would be Hooked!!! :lol: :lol:
I do want to say it's sure nice having a neighborhood we live in. People walking down our street have comments about all the RV’s parked along the sides of our homes and in the driveway. We tell them it’s a requirement you got to have to live here Kind of like that NASCAR commercial "HOW BAD DO YOU HAVE IT?"

Radrat

Post by Radrat »

**** I thought you were going to say your rail is fixed and your ready to roll this coming weekend.. :(
Chuck Mobley, Dunecologist
VP DUNERS
"The highest priority ought to be human life and the property of citizens."

Greg Hall

Post by Greg Hall »

Wow! What a relief that must have been! Same problem here in Mission Viejo...and yes, I have been cited more than once.

I have some great neighbors and some so-so neighbors that don't get too bent when I have all of the street parking tied up with toys while loading or unloading everything. I only store the trailer in the driveway for a couple of days before and after our trips and the motorhome stays in storage until the day before and goes back the day after the trip...pain in the *** but I think it helps keep the neighbors at bay.

Of course when I am hooked up, the motorhome & trailer extends from neighbors driveway to neighbors driveway AND there is a fire plug between my house and one neighbor!

Of course I feel bad for the neighbors on each side of me as they try to back out of their driveway when I have everything parked blocking the view of traffic...that reminds me that I need to bring them a couple more bottles of wine to help lubricate the system!

Hmmm...maybe I need to lubricate the enforcement patrol a little too!
Greg Hall
KG6IAT
http://www.hallsengine.com
Visiting and helping to protect the dunes since 1962

http://www.RideOcotilloWells.com

'06 KTM 525EXC
'98 KTM 620SC
'06 KDX 200..my son's bike
KX 100 My 11 year old son's
KFX 400 also my son's bike
LT 500..all mine

porboy

Post by porboy »

Oh, If I could be so lucky. I have roomates and on any given Friday my house turns into departure central. All of us and our friends all meet at our place and generally have 15 vehicle caravans the dunes. The horrible looks we get from our neighbors could freeze a fire.

The Oldtimer

Post by The Oldtimer »

SuckAAAAA!!! I live in the county..about one block from the Escondido city limits. I have rv and trailer parking in my back yard... and I still have a big backyard!! The side-yard fence separates my MH from my neighbors MH!!! You city boy's eat your hearts out!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH HAAAAA HAAAAA HAAAAA !!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Frankie

Member of the ASA

Spyder

Post by Spyder »

The Republic of Ontario
L&L Corvairs, I live in Ontario also...we might be next door neighbors! e-mail me so I can tell you where I live...

Actually my neighbors on the right are older, the man had a stroke and doesn't get out much, I am not even sure if he knows what is going on anymore. The neighbor on the left is quite peculiar though. We have lived in this house for four years and I have seen him twice. He has never said hello or even looked at us. I believe he is a Muslim and maybe they are not so friendly??? He does have about 4 satellite dishes on his roof, maybe he is communicating with Al Queda???

The neighbor on the corner is cool. He has a trick garage, all drywalled with the black and white checkered floor for his Harley and his sweet 56 Chevrolet. All of the other neighbors seem to keep to themselves. They usually get annoyed when it is engine tuning time and the motor is screamin'
Robert McMillin
Member of D.U.N.E.R.(Duners Undoing Needless Environmental Restrictions)

Greg Hall

Post by Greg Hall »

Spyder wrote:

"They usually get annoyed when it is engine tuning time and the motor is screamin'"

I know how that is! Last September, while getting the Jeep ready my neighbor walked out of his house with a picture that had vibrated off the wall...broken glass and all! I had it re-framed the next day and all was well...well enough, I think!

I didn't argue the fact that it would have fell in an earthquake or such...just suck it up and keep the peace!
Greg Hall
KG6IAT
http://www.hallsengine.com
Visiting and helping to protect the dunes since 1962

http://www.RideOcotilloWells.com

'06 KTM 525EXC
'98 KTM 620SC
'06 KDX 200..my son's bike
KX 100 My 11 year old son's
KFX 400 also my son's bike
LT 500..all mine

BHenry
Bulletin Board Administrator
Bulletin Board Administrator

Post by BHenry »

This thread reminds me of a silly law I ran into in Buena Park recently. We are planning on having our old dilapidated garage torn down (a stiff breeze would actually do the trick). My wife called the city to get the permit, but they wouldn't let us have it unless we put up the new garage within six months (something we are definitely not ready to do). The planning clerk told her that this rule is to keep people from parking on the street. At least in my neighborhood, it doesn't work. One of my neighbors has converted their garage into living space (I think both structures are rentals). Another neighbor has so many trailers and non-op cars on the driveway that their regular cars are always on the street (makes street sweeping day real interesting). Of course, we were doing this in order to put the trailer farther back (I can see it right out my window as I type this) and eliminate an eyesore.
I'll relinquish my right to ride when you relinquish your right to breathe
Bryan Henry
KG6OQD

OBSESSED

Post by OBSESSED »

I thought you were going to say your rail is fixed
OK I erred in the above verbage, My prayers many of them over that problem was answered.

BUT my other prayer to get my rail ready for this next weekend is being overlooked by the BIG Dune Dude upstairs.

Yea brothers and sistors I come to you this eveening to ask for you to join with me in a prayer to the all-mighty!

"Yea thou do I dune through the valley in the shadow of Comp Hill I shall fear no E-vil, No E-vil shall come against me.
So now Father whom art in a heaven and doeth watches overeth me while I am at play in the sand and keeps me a safe.
I cometh to you with praise and a wondermont.
If I could only asketh you one little a queestion: Please see to it that my sand rail problems be solved as quickly as possible by this weekend if possible.
I know you are busy with many other pressing problems, but as you knoweth, I ask you for very little.
And this would not just benefit me it would also benefit some exchange students that might otherwise not get a chance to ride out on your golden sands of Glamis.
Thank you Lord.
A-Men!"

Steve

Jason G
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by Jason G »

Oldtimer, whereabouts in esc. are you. I live about a block north of the city limits. I sure see alot of sand toys in the area, Just wondering if your one of them.

FunRunner

Post by FunRunner »

Steve says:
the new neighbor was trying to back in his "WEEKEND WARRIOR" trailer
Good Deal! that must have brightened your day......and days to come it seems.......
Steve:
BUT my other prayer to get my rail ready for this next weekend is being overlooked by the BIG Dune Dude upstairs
maybe he put iit down in his good deeds book that you gave it up for lent! LOL........anything but that!
my buggy has the slows gettin fixed also.......trans in the shop; everybody always get super-busy when my stuff is in their shop......seem like there is all kinds of things that happen to derail my plans for a weekend outing......it's the old starwars deal.......as soon as I set my sights on a weekend, all these other alternate things come up as choice/postponement criteria.......but when the rides broken, you just sit and wait.......ho hum.....

The Oldtimer

Post by The Oldtimer »

17th and San Pasqual Valley Road (hw 78 )
Frankie

Member of the ASA

L&L Corvairs
ASA Board Member
ASA Board Member

Post by L&L Corvairs »

Spyder wrote:
The Republic of Ontario
L&L Corvairs, I live in Ontario also...we might be next door neighbors! e-mail me so I can tell you where I live...
Hey Spyder, you get my e-mail? :)
L&L
It is not ours to decide the times in which we live.
It is only ours to decide what to do with the time given us.

Make the most of your time.

Jason G
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by Jason G »

The Oldtimer wrote:17th and San Pasqual Valley Road (hw 78 )
Cool I'm to the north up at the end of north broadway area. Hey if you ever need any anodizing done just shoot it my way. I own A shop in Escondido. I do all sorts of colors and work with all the local polishers in town so i'm able to get a good deal most of the time.
Jason

Spyder

Post by Spyder »

Hey Spyder, you get my e-mail?
Try again, r.mcmillin@verizon.net it may have been intercepted by the anti-spam software.
Robert McMillin
Member of D.U.N.E.R.(Duners Undoing Needless Environmental Restrictions)

Return to “Wide Open Sand”