If U Love This Sport... Then Gimme 2 (HOURS)

No fences. Non area specific. General discussion forum.

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

TEMPORARY INSANITY
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

If U Love This Sport... Then Gimme 2 (HOURS)

Post by TEMPORARY INSANITY »

As I'm sure you are well aware, The Sand Sport Super Show is only 1 WEEK away, and if you are reading this; then most likely you and your friends & family will be there.

You are probably an ASA member (or should be), and love to spend time at Glamis. The great folks who volunteer to run and operate this orginazation, and dedicate so much of their free time (without getting paid); so that YOU can enjoy this sport; really need your help.

They have been asking for people to volunteer at the SSSS for quite some time now, and have only gotten what I would consider a MEAGER response. I'm sure that most of you think "there's going to be so many people there, I'm sure they'll have plenty of help". Well NOT SO!! It is this kind of apathy that causes such a shortage of help, and probably why there are so few ASA members compared to the amount of dune users.

I know that your time is precious, and this event is all about fun; but if our sport is going to continue; and if someone is going to fight the legal battles that HAVE to be fought to keep the dunes open; then YOU really need to consider giving just 2 hours of your SSSS time to the cause of the ASA.

Just click on the "Upcoming Events" forum, and you will see lists of days, times, and areas where help is needed.

This is a great opportunity to meet some new faces and make some new friends WHILE you do your part in helping this organization that IS HERE FOR YOU!!

So, would you consider giving a couple hours of your time for a worthy cause :?: :?: :?:
Last edited by TEMPORARY INSANITY on Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larry Linkins
O3' Funco Gen 3.5 W/90 HP Subaru

WEAR WRIST RESTRAINTS!
The hand you save may be yours!!

Greg Hall
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member

Post by Greg Hall »

I can't think of a better way to spend a couple of hours! Talking with like-minded off roaders and keeping them informed.

I am sad to say that I will be missing my first SSSS ever and will certainly miss the time it allows to help spread the ASA info.

A great big Thank You to all who take the time to volunteer!
Greg Hall
KG6IAT
http://www.hallsengine.com
Visiting and helping to protect the dunes since 1962

http://www.RideOcotilloWells.com

'06 KTM 525EXC
'98 KTM 620SC
'06 KDX 200..my son's bike
KX 100 My 11 year old son's
KFX 400 also my son's bike
LT 500..all mine

Washroad
ASA Chapters Chair • SSSS Chair
ASA Chapters Chair • SSSS Chair
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by Washroad »

Thank you very much for the post Larry!!

I certainly appreciate it!!

He's right, ya know. We do need more help. Please join us at the SSSS this year!
Brian
ex-SSSS Coordinator
aSa Supporting Member and VERY PROUD OF IT!!!
2007 Jerry R. Seaver Award
"Facts don't enter a world dominated by our beliefs." Proust
The whole "point" of life is that there is no "point." There's just life.
"Never miss an opportunity to shut up." Will Rogers

Flo Haynes
ASA Merchandise Chair
ASA Merchandise Chair

Post by Flo Haynes »

Thanks for the post Larry.....we really do need more volunteers....where are all the ones who volutneered before???? I promise not to be such a slave driver!!!!! :lol: :roll:

We really do have lots of fun :-$ --water, snacks and even lunch plus the new ASA bucks for every hour you volunteer.

Some of us will start setting up on Friday morning at 8 and will not stop until about 7 pm Sunday night...We are not asking for this committment from you---just 1-2 hours!! Once you are there you will enjoy yourself :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanking all of you in advance for volunteering!!!! See you soon.....
2004 JRS Award Winner

Papa Perry
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Papa Perry »

Flo,

I made a commitment without checking my calendar. I'll be out of town, but Raewyn will be there.

Perry

Dunepilot
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Dunepilot »

Ok....my two cents...If I can make the trip from Seattle, then the SoCal and AZ ASA members and non-members alike can make it too!

Of course, you are planning to stay the entire day anyway, so what's a couple of hours to help out YOUR organization?

DP
DunePilot

azsandrider

Post by azsandrider »

Dunepilot wrote:Ok....my two cents...If I can make the trip from Seattle, then the SoCal and AZ ASA members and non-members alike can make it too!

Of course, you are planning to stay the entire day anyway, so what's a couple of hours to help out YOUR organization?

DP
Duner pilot is traveling down here to help AND has personally contributed to the ASA Hospitality Area, even though he is not a business.

That type of dedication to the cause is a great example of the type of members the ASA has. Because there are people who are willing to help any way they can is why I spend the whole weekend, not to mention weeks of preparation and my own money, to organize the food and cook for our hardworking volunteers.

It doesn't matter if you spend all weekend or several hours, just being involved in any way is helpful. Sometimes the ASA needs your money to fund the the legal fight or biological studies, but now the ASA needs your help.

Volunteering is rewarding and a lot of fun!!! You get to meet new people and make new friends. And, of course, lunch is great!!!

Hope to see you there!!!
(The above statement is my own opinion and not that of the ASA's.)

T. Wight
Mesa, AZ.
ASA Supporting Member
ASA Volunteer

Is your spouse an ASA member??? Numbers count!!

Return to “Wide Open Sand”