Missed another @#^* trip!

No fences. Non area specific. General discussion forum.

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

f-BOB
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Missed another @#^* trip!

Post by f-BOB »

Yes, the year of the cancelled dune trip still plagues me as we never left OC this past weekend as originally planned. To many times this year, too many "things" have come up at the last minute and cuased us to cancel our trip. Mind you, I could have made all the trips I initially planned, but would have had to do so without 1/2 of my family and miss out on some of my oldest son's last high school baseball games, or my younger son's first HS football games, or call in sick to work (not normally a problem for me, but too many people relying on me this past fall to leave them hanging), etc. etc. etc.

Got a call from Woodglue about 10 this past Saturday mornign inviting me on a ride with his group. Thanks for the invite Woody, I'm sure the ride was awesome. I'm getting tired of saying maybe next time, but, maybe next time.

We're hoping the weather stays bearable for a May trip to Dumont, but I'm not holding my breath. If we go, I'm sure it will be great, but it'll be the first time there for our group, so it's not likely to be a flat out, turn and burn kind of trip like we've had so many of at Glamis in the past.

The only upside to this whole sad season is that the dunes have been absolutley phenomenal each trip, getting better and better as the season wore on. Heck, we even had a couple pretty good trips to Ocotillo Wells this year too.

Next year, I will not be denied. I'll have a few vacation days left for the beginning of the season in October/November, and if it means leaving 1/2 of the family at home, I'll just hook up with some of my ASA family out in the dunes. I'm setting a personal goal of no less than 8 trips (to Glamis/ISDRA) during the season next year. No more trips cancelled at the last minute. No way. Wish me luck, and pray that my wife doesn't divorce me. Then again, that would give me more time in the dunes! Ummm, honey, we need to talk...
If "pro" means yes, and "con" means no, is Congress the opposite of Progress?

'05-Raptor 660
'05-Raptor 350
'05 Banshee
'07 YFZ 450

bcowan
1st Gear Member

Post by bcowan »

Well, if it makes you feel any better...............

My total season consisted of - 3 hours (on Wednesday before XMas) duning with my family. :shock:

f-BOB
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by f-BOB »

Yes, I feel MUCH better now. Sorry that someone had a worse season than I did. OK not that sorry, but a little.

'05-Raptor 660
'05-Raptor 350
'05 Banshee
'07 YFZ 450

Papa Perry
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by Papa Perry »

There is still the Glamisdunes.com Adopt-A-Wash Season End Cleanup and BBQ

I will be cooking up enough food to feed a small town....

We have giveaways from:
Glamisdunes.com (200 t-shirts, 1st come 1st served)
Sand Tramp Clothing
Funco
Damzl

I am working on others.

After the BBQ we will be having a HorseShoe Tournament in the ComPound. The ComPound is located directly behind the Glamis Beach Store.

Hope you can make it for this trip. Even if you have to leave the toys at home, this is one trip that shouldn't be missed.....

FunRunner
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member

Post by FunRunner »

I know how circumstances often pop up to mess up the best plans... :(
Reading Papa Perry's post, I started thinking and imagining......hmmm. this weekends wash cleanup would be a great way to make up for missed trips.....and taking part in the cleanup sounds like a great idea and an opportunity to meet a few folks.....fellow enthusiasts......sigh......Papa Perry's BBQ.....salivate 8) shoot, flying out of LAX in a few hours....talk about plans, impromptu trips :) and missed opportunity :roll:

f-BOB
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by f-BOB »

I wish we could make this weekend too, even without toys, I'm certain it will be a great event. Alas, no Friday off this w/e, and more family stuff going on in town.

I'm still eyeballing the calendar and the weather and keeping my fingers crossed. The season isn't over until it's over, but I can feel it getting closer!

'05-Raptor 660
'05-Raptor 350
'05 Banshee
'07 YFZ 450

FunRunner

Post by FunRunner »

We're in Boise; got in at 7:00; it's gloomy and cold :( Wind was blowing in CA when we left and rain predicted for part of the weekend....what the heck! can't always be perfect, right? :)
Seems like when you have kids, there's always something going on, either with them, some other part of the family, or with work.....maybe we shouldn't let things like that deter us... :lol:

Return to “Wide Open Sand”