Mass Killings at VT-- My Opinions

No fences. Non area specific. General discussion forum.

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

OBSESSED
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Mass Killings at VT-- My Opinions

Post by OBSESSED »

My concerns and opinions about the Mass Killings at VT…

What NBC should have done: Handed the package from the deranged killer directly over to the FBI. I believe it was/is evidence and part of an on going investigation.
For gawd sake, NBC was the media outlet of choice of a very crazy person, if I were connected in any way with NBC I’d be embarrassed. Instead the anchors at NBC have a [little more than usual] smug grin on their faces like they are proud. Reality is, the most crazy mass killer [with a handgun] in US History preferred NBC. We [all of us in the world] should not be seeing the pictures of this person, I wont even use his name, for his name has been used enough. This crazy person, should receive no notoriety.
The news polls are running 50-50 on this fact.

The problem is with an obvious crazy person walking around, you , me and the police can not do anything, until he commits a crime. The ACLU would never allow the locking up and taking away a persons civil liberty’s [no matter how crazy] against his will. Is this right or wrong, you decide. This tragedy will be played out again and again in front of anyone with a TV [the crazy and stable] nightly, daily until the next “Big Story” comes along, I think this is wrong.

The happiness man in America today is Don Imus.

In a country of 300 million plus, 1% of the populous will be crazy. That’s 30,000+ crazy people walking around at any given time. Go to Skid Row in LA, these people are not all just down on their luck, they want to live on skid row, the ones that want to live there are crazy, and should be picked up for their own good. They can not be picked up, for they have done no crime, and the ACLU would never stand for it.
There are different levels and varying degrees of mental illness. The Mass Murder at VT needed meds, he could never be forced to take them, without first doing a crime. I am so glad he killed himself, for otherwise, we would have to be put through the trial and then the verdict of a person who committed a heinous crime: “Not Guilty by reason of insanity”…

Steve

MR. PETE
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by MR. PETE »

Your analysis is spot on Steve.

What this young man did was evil. Frankly, I wish a policeman had taken him out and not his own hand. At least we do not have to deal with a media show trial just so this guy can join Hinkley (Pres. Reagan shooter) in the mental ward for the next 60+ years.

The media should be ashamed of their actions; playing the video - parts of it repeatedly.

The only god the left leaning media acknowledges is the god of ratings. Ratings = $$ The lust for $$ has turned the media into a bunch of gossipping, blood thirsty, self promoting at any cost to others barbarians. All done under the veil of 1st amendment rights. What a self serving aberration of our bill of rights!

I stopped watching CBS (That is, "See B.S.") years ago. CBS, NBC & ABC are dying on the vine, and I for one am not saddened by this news.

The Bible said it this way:
The love of money is the root of all evil.
And:
What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soull?

Yeah, I know, enough of the preaching.

Regardless, life is good! Enjoy the day. :wink:

FunRunner

Post by FunRunner »

He didn't have any guts; just full of hate and blame; he should have enlisted, gone to Iraq or somewhere and took out a few before they cut him down; speaking of which, unfortunate somebody didn't blow him away earlier; probably, he was too much of a coward to be confrontational when it could be countered. With a loser like him, everyone loses; his family, his victims, the victims families, society; like a guy who commits suicide, he was a coward, only worse, as he could not go out alone........a disgrace, sick or not, somebody should have smoked him long ago....but he knew how to find easy prey :evil:

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair

Post by Sloppyduner »

Just the rambling of a crazy person here. Well actually my shrink doesn’t use “crazy”.
I’m a bit confused. Is this thread about the killer, who everybody I know of, is in agreement that he’s no longer out among the public is a GOOD thing? I would agree But I would have to say his choice of a gun was not all that original. Sure it’s quick and all, and you CAN kill someone without getting close to them. In my mind that IS cowardice. So I’d have to agree with Roger on that one. Coward.

Or is this thread about crazy people in general. Not too long after people started taking pshyc meds the manufacturers had to hand out warnings with them warning “My lead to suicide”. So what if “he” WAS on meds and just killed himself? Then do we point the finger at the current mental health system? But wait. I’ve heard this over and over again “If this guy got help this might not have happened.” There are a host of recent “killers” who have been under the care of a mental health care professional. Is there REALLY any “help” for these “crazy people”?

Or is it about the news media for shoving it in our faces? Where is Al and Jessie? Why aren’t they on CNN calling for the halt of the showing of these images and discussion of this horrible incident? The thing with media is of course if it bleeds it leads. This one has bled a lot. With this wonderful world of cable they can get numbers in for the very instant people change the channel by the very next day. IF they had 50,000 people watch till :14 past the hour and switched at the same exact time they move from the VT story to say the weather hitting the East. The next day they will try for those numbers again, then try the Imus story, THEN the weather in the East. The funniest thing that gets me when it comes to VT and the media, and when I say media I say the viewing public because that’s what dictates the longevity of a story, the previous week was about Imus and the “awful things that were SAID on his show”. Now what has replaced it? Awful true life stories where people got physically hurt, emotionally scared, and killed. Kinda make Nappy headed Ho’s seem funny again.

I’d prefer to think about the families and friends of the victims. And MAYBE try to understand this guys reasons for being “crazy”. Not to sympathize with him, but to dissect his life the way you would a bad car wreck to see what you can do to make sure it doesn’t happen again. For the families I think this would serve a far greater purpose than calling names and laying blame on a person with mental disorders so severe it even has professionals in their field shaking their heads.

In the mean time I think I'll take John Stewerts way of handeling this. Try not to think about it, swallow it, hold all my feeling deep in my gut and never speak of it again....then one day kill a little kid for spilling his punch. Or something like that.

....and at the end of that light there is another tunnel

crash

Post by crash »

Sloppyduner wrote: In the mean time I think I'll take John Stewerts way of handeling this. Try not to think about it, swallow it, hold all my feeling deep in my gut and never speak of it again....then one day kill a little kid for spilling his punch. Or something like that.
Okee Dokee. How you doin Sloppy? You haven't changed your meds lately, have you? :shock: And you ARE still takin um right? :shock: :shock:

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair

Post by Sloppyduner »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ya I'm taking my meds, seeing my doc, and attending group. :wink: I think a good case in point would be when I lost my keys out at Glamis. I think others I was with were more worried about it than I was. " Ya I lost my keys...Bob will bring em if I don't find em...Ho hum."

I ain't gonna kill anyone. They don't let you out of jail to go to the dunes. #-o I don't know though. Calipatria IS pretty close to the dunes. :-k

But then again you only go to jail IF they figure out you did "it". :D

Hey Crash how come I've never seen you at Glamis. We GOTTA hang out sometime. :-^ =P~ :-^

....and at the end of that light there is another tunnel

crash

Post by crash »

What makes you think you haven't seen me out at the desert? I've seen a few folks from this board out there. Even camped with some of them.

I like to keep a law pro. I think some have had their suspisions, but no one actually came out and ask me "are you crash?" And I like the "don't ask, don't tell" type of situations.

I have my reasons why I prefer things this way. My concerns may be unfounded, but if they aren't, the penalities for me could be substantial. As said before, I like to er on the side of caution.

Woodglue
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by Woodglue »

crash wrote:What makes you think you haven't seen me out at the desert? I've seen a few folks from this board out there. Even camped with some of them.
:shock:
I forget, what kind of rig / toys do you have?

:-k
My Avatar is BLM's DRAMP Proposed OHV Access under Alt #3.
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

bapyoubip
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by bapyoubip »

have you guys heard about fred phelps and his (blind) followers planning on protesting at funerals of the students who were murdered at vt? he believes it was a good thing because higher education is the work of the devil according to him... what a nutjob and a disgrace to the students' and teachers' memories
if you want to be in my next helmet cam video, i'll have to point the camera backwards...

Honda '04 TRX450R
Honda '86 ATC250R
Honda '84 ATC110
Yamaha '02 Banshee

Glamisbound

Post by Glamisbound »

In a country of 300 million plus, 1% of the populous will be crazy. That’s 30,000+ crazy people walking around at any given time. Go to Skid Row in LA, these people are not all just down on their luck, they want to live on skid row, the ones that want to live there are crazy, and should be picked up for their own good. They can not be picked up, for they have done no crime, and the ACLU would never stand for it.
Let us not be naive!! I believe it's much higher than that. I see it every day and most of you don't because it doesn't hit the papers. I got news for you guys...someone in your neighborhood is crazy!!! Maybe even more than one person...maybe an entire family. Beware, lookout, and watch your backs...they'll get you :evil:
GLAMISBOUND
Walking the gap...All give some, some give all!!

36' HR Endeavor Diesel Pusher, 330 Caterpillar
2007 Potter Productions Dual Sport with a Redline LS1 and Mendi 2D
'02 yz 426
'04 crf 50
50 cc quads for the little groms

Sandcock

Post by Sandcock »

The pin heads at NBC are arrogant and insensitive. By airing the video they can use it as propaganda to prey on those that can be persuaded to ban guns/rifles.

The American Communist Liberties Union will not do anything to strengthen the morality of this country. They are in pursuit to make us all equal, i.e. we all would be riding quads instead of those sweet rails that you guys glide in:lol: Take God out of our country and what you see happening will continue to perpetuate itself.

I do not believe the murderer was crazy or insane. He was overwhelmed with hatred. I'm sure it was obvious to a few that this despicable person wasn't right, but were afraid to say or do anything about it due to political correctness.

I believe the crazy ones are liberals with their wacko left wing agendas :!:

OBSESSED

Post by OBSESSED »

..someone in your neighborhood is crazy!!!
Yea, I know, and like I said there are very different levels of crazy.

Acting crazy and being crazy are two very different things.

Sort of like, I have a bro in law who is crazy...he acts crazy, its an act, so, not really...crazy...
I have an ex wife that is crazy, maybe deranged would be a better word.

Then I have an ex bro in law, that took a hostage in Santa Monica [he was one of SM's "street people"] and pleaded guilty, because he wanted to do hard time, not get off by reason on insanity. If you want the insanity plea, you are sane. If you want to do hard time, you are insane, if you could get off with a visit to the loony bin…
Like GB says above, there may be crazy’s or a whole house of crazy’s…

I think something was fed to my X and her brothers.
I believe my X’s family were all crazy, in a unable to cope with reality kind of way…
One bro doing hard time at the loony bin [she told me about him after we got hitched]
One bro that had been married 8 times [three times to the same chick!]
One bro that when I met the X was living with a nice older man named “Penn”. He was not gay, he just lived with ‘Penn’ and had no job…
A sister that got Prego to a new boyfriend, while still married to husband [with kids] that lingered on couch.
Then the X… I’d go to sleep at 10-10:30 pm… I might wake at 5 am and she’d be starring into the mirror in the bath room, in the same pose and position as when I dropped off seven hours earlier…
“What are you doing?” I’d ask…
“Haaahaa nothing”
When she moved out of her house, and into mine, She went room to room, and door to door slamming and cursing the door, and the room, the rugs, the sinks, the fixtures…
“What are you doing”
“Haaaaahaaa nothing”
Yes I should have known. I overlooked the signs.
I got out alive…
The rest is history…
Don't fear death, celebrate life.
Live Every Day to the fullest.
Live your life with no regrets.

Sandcock

Post by Sandcock »

Obsessed, that's some crazy stuff. Tell me what you think about hatred and evil.

OldManx
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by OldManx »

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :shock:
Bill
El Presidente de DualSport Buggies
DualSport Buggies / DUNERS / Manx Dune Buggy Club
http://www.dualsportbuggies.com
http://www.duners.org
http://www.manxclub.com

"...that's my opinion, and it ought'a be your's too..."

Glamisbound

Post by Glamisbound »

If you want the insanity plea, you are sane. If you want to do hard time, you are insane, if you could get off with a visit to the loony bin…
Aint that the truth.

Most "crazy" people really aren't crazy (aparently this does not apply to Steve's X), they just act crazy for the attention. Why do people that want to kill themselves call the police and tell us before they do it?? Because they want us to get there and stop them first!! The people that REALLY want to kill themselves...you just find them dead...now that's crazy!
GLAMISBOUND
Walking the gap...All give some, some give all!!

36' HR Endeavor Diesel Pusher, 330 Caterpillar
2007 Potter Productions Dual Sport with a Redline LS1 and Mendi 2D
'02 yz 426
'04 crf 50
50 cc quads for the little groms

Return to “Wide Open Sand”