Season Passes for Glamis for Sale!!!!

No fences. Non area specific. General discussion forum.

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

Washroad
ASA Chapters Chair • SSSS Chair
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Season Passes for Glamis for Sale!!!!

Post by Washroad »

Simultaneously,

The ASA will be selling Season Passes at the SSSS, \:D/

and,

at the ASA Store online!! \:D/

So stop by the ASA booth as the SSSS, get your new season pass and say hello to new people!

Hope to see you all there! :D :D

Don't forget the online ASA store for those that can't make it to the SSSS. :cry:
Brian
ex-SSSS Coordinator
aSa Supporting Member and VERY PROUD OF IT!!!
2007 Jerry R. Seaver Award
"Facts don't enter a world dominated by our beliefs." Proust
The whole "point" of life is that there is no "point." There's just life.
"Never miss an opportunity to shut up." Will Rogers

gelwell
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by gelwell »

Does this mean ICSO is not going to sell passes? Is the ASA going to make any money from the proceeds? (Not that I mind just curious, I think we can use all the money we can get) Or this just being done as a convenience to all of us? When is the SSSS show? I enjoy going every year and buy my pass there instead of in the dunes.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

Jerry Seaver
ASA Co-Founder • Past President

Post by Jerry Seaver »

The ICSO will still be selling permits. The ASA will be making the same as the other vendors selling the permits, 10%. The ASA hopes it will be a convenience for anyone that wants to avoid the hassle of not having a permit ahead of time. The SSSS is Sept. 14th, 15th and 16th.

Washroad

Post by Washroad »

gelwell wrote:Does this mean ICSO is not going to sell passes? Is the ASA going to make any money from the proceeds? (Not that I mind just curious, I think we can use all the money we can get) Or this just being done as a convenience to all of us? When is the SSSS show? I enjoy going every year and buy my pass there instead of in the dunes.
Well, then, if you buy your pass at the SSSS every year, buy it at the ASA booth this year and feel "warm and fuzzy" that you got your pass and donated to the ASA all at once! :D :D :D
Brian
ex-SSSS Coordinator

saychz316
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by saychz316 »

count me in for a permit purchase at the ssss. would rather the asa get the 10% than the other vendors.
08 Weekend Warrior CR-3905
06 Ford 4x4 F-3 Fiddy Stroker
07 KTM 525 XC-W
06 Raptor 700R
70 Redneck that pilots all of the above.
74 Ole' Lady
06 Raptor 350
03 Little Girl
07 Honda CRF-50
04 Little Girl
?? Long Travel Rail (Someday)
We are all proud to be ASA Members. Are your kids and spouse members?

Washroad

Post by Washroad »

saychz316 wrote:count me in for a permit purchase at the ssss. would rather the asa get the 10% than the other vendors.
\:D/ \:D/
Brian
ex-SSSS Coordinator

gelwell

Post by gelwell »

Thanks! That is why I was asking, I much rather buy from the ASA than the sheriffs so the extra dough goes to us. See yall there. Cant wait.
Well, then, if you buy your pass at the SSSS every year, buy it at the ASA booth this year and feel "warm and fuzzy" that you got your pass and donated to the ASA all at once!
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

jhitesma
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member

Post by jhitesma »

Does buying from a vendor (be it the ASA or any of the others) result in less money to the BLM?

Doc
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post by Doc »

jhitesma wrote:Does buying from a vendor (be it the ASA or any of the others) result in less money to the BLM?

Yes, the 10% paid to the vendor is split 5% from the ICSO and 5% from the BLM, So the BLM only gets 65% or 58.50 for yearly passes not sold through the ICSO and likwise the ICSO only gets $22.50 or 25% if they don't sell the pass. $9 goes to the vendor.

Jerry Seaver

Post by Jerry Seaver »

Everything Doc just said is true but buying from a vendor other than the ICSO doesn't necessarily bring less money to the BLM. The cost of the ICSO selling a permit is charged against the 30% they get for collecting the fees. If it cost the ICSO less than 30% to collect the fees, the difference goes to ISDRA for items that fees would have to pay for. I suspect that 10% that is paid the vendors for selling the permits is less than what it cost us for ICSO's overhead for selling the permits.

RX 4 INSANDITY
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by RX 4 INSANDITY »

What happens if you buy directly from the BLM?? :D :shock: :shock:

Thanks.

--Mike
Offroading and Concern for the Environment are NOT Mutually Exclusive

Doc
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post by Doc »

You can't buy directly from the BLM. The ICSO has the contract to sell the passes.

All the vendors get their passes from the ICSO not the BLM.
Last edited by Doc on Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RX 4 INSANDITY
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by RX 4 INSANDITY »

At the SSSS, isn't that the BLM that you are bying from at the booth between the buildings? :?: It did not seem to me that it was the ICSO? :shock: :?

--Mike

Doc
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post by Doc »

The BLM and the ICSO have a booth together. The BLM gives out information about the ISDRA and answers questions. But when you buy a pass you are buying it from the ICSO. They are also there to answer questions and to sell passes.

The BLM have not directly sold passes for the last 4 or 5 years. The ICSO has sold passes for the last two years and before that it was Central Parking that had the contract to sell passes.

RX 4 INSANDITY
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by RX 4 INSANDITY »

Thanks Doc. You're right again :!: :!:

Hope to see you out there next season. I start to get a little crazy about this time of year every year. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

--Mike

Washroad

Post by Washroad »

gelwell wrote:Thanks! That is why I was asking, I much rather buy from the ASA than the sheriffs so the extra dough goes to us. See yall there. Cant wait.
Don't forget to introduce yourself!! :D I'm the mean, nasty, ugly, foul-tempered, mean-talkin', smelly, cigarette-smoking, JD drinking foul old-guy at the ASA booth! :D
Brian
ex-SSSS Coordinator

gelwell

Post by gelwell »

Don't forget to introduce yourself!!
I will, probably be there on Saturday. Will you have a JD for me too? Can you have Alcohol in the booth? I know I have bought a few beers at the SSSS. I'm an old guy too but better looking than the ape in your pic :lol:

Sandcock

Post by Sandcock »

I'm an old guy too but better looking than the ape in your pic
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The real egalitarians are not the people who want to redistribute wealth to the poor, but those who want to extend to the poor the ability to create their own wealth, to lift themselves up, instead of trying to tear others down. Earning respect, including self-respect, is better than being a parasite. Thomas Sowell

Washroad

Post by Washroad »

gelwell wrote:
Don't forget to introduce yourself!!
I will, probably be there on Saturday. Will you have a JD for me too? Can you have Alcohol in the booth? I know I have bought a few beers at the SSSS. I'm an old guy too but better looking than the ape in your pic :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, the chimp in my avatar looks better than me!! :D :D :D

Sorry, no alcohol in the booth. Now, that doesn't mean we have some elsewhere, ya know?? :D :D
Brian
ex-SSSS Coordinator

gelwell

Post by gelwell »

Now, that doesn't mean we have some elsewhere, ya know??
Roger that!!!

Doc
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post by Doc »

Dune Shredder
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Dune Shredder »

:shock: never trust a monkey or lieral with a pistol.
If an endangerd spiecs eats another is it endangerd

MR. PETE
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by MR. PETE »

Washroad wrote:
gelwell wrote:Thanks! That is why I was asking, I much rather buy from the ASA than the sheriffs so the extra dough goes to us. See yall there. Cant wait.
Don't forget to introduce yourself!! :D I'm the mean, nasty, ugly, foul-tempered, mean-talkin', smelly, cigarette-smoking, JD drinking foul old-guy at the ASA booth! :D
So Brian, how exactly are we supposed to differentiate you from the others in the booth?

Oh, never mind, I was thinking of another website booth...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Also, for all the conspiracy buffs out there, here is something to chew on:

Who would have thought 5 years ago that the ASA would be receiving a fee for selling season permits... :-k Hmmm.....???
:P :P

Actually at $9 each, just think how much the ASA would get if every ASA member purchased their season pass from the ASA store or SSSS booth.

BTW - The ASA booth is always a SSSS destination. Besides renewing my supporting membership, buying some ASA logo stuff and signing up a friend or two, now I'll also be getting our two season passes there as well.

Personal Disclaimer: The above statement does not necessarily reflect or represent any particular excitement for or agreement with the permit requirements that are currently and apparently forever to be in place at the ISDRA. However, given a proper amount of duress that may be imposed upon said statement writer by the ever growing and freedom constricting governmental state, this personal disclaimer may, at a designated time, be waived as deemed required by said governmental state.

As for finding Brian at the ASA booth; seems like I'll just have to look for the guy who has the really bad breath.

:lol:

Woodglue

Post by Woodglue »

Personal Disclaimer: The above statement does not necessarily reflect or represent any particular excitement for or agreement with the permit requirements that are currently and apparently forever to be in place at the ISDRA. However, given a proper amount of duress that may be imposed upon said statement writer by the ever growing and freedom constricting governmental state, this personal disclaimer may, at a designated time, be waived as deemed required by said governmental state.
Mr Pete, you sure make a moderators job hard!
After consulting a pair of legal counsils, 4 advil and one giant headache, I finially was left confortable to leave your post without the thought that you were formally filling suit against the ASA. #-o

My Avatar is BLM's DRAMP Proposed OHV Access under Alt #3.
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

LoBuck

Post by LoBuck »

Woodglue wrote:
After consulting a pair of legal counsils, 4 advil and one giant headache, I finially was left confortable to leave your post without the thought that you were formally filling suit against the ASA. #-o

:lol: I think its a rather good satirical comment on the permit, and probably one that's shared by many. Good job Peter. Well worth the time it will take the moderators to read and consider. :wink:
Glenn Montgomery - KE7BTP
'79 CJ5
http://www.YumaDuners.com - LoBuck's Web Page
DAC ISDRA Sub Group Member - AZ OHV Rep BLM ISDRA DSG webpage

MR. PETE
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by MR. PETE »

Woodglue wrote:
After consulting a pair of legal counsils, 4 advil and one giant headache, I finially was left confortable to leave your post without the thought that you were formally filling suit against the ASA.
Sorry about the headache Woody, ](*,) but my attorney did say the moderators would leave it be... :^o

Downside is: Now I'll have to buy 20 season passes to offset those ASA legal counsel fees... #-o

But let's focus on the bright side:

Thankfully, the passes look cool enough and, the added bonus is that I can avoid getting a $100 ticket by making it visible at all times through the front windshield while enjoying the ISDRA with my family and friends!

Life is good! However, sometimes the good life requires a season pass.

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair

Post by Sloppyduner »

MR. PETE wrote:Now I'll have to buy 20 season passes to offset those ASA legal counsel fees...
Hey Pete you gonna use all those passes? I can find a place to store one of those for you next season. :-^

....and at the end of that light there is another tunnel

Woodglue

Post by Woodglue »

MR. PETE wrote: Life is good! However, sometimes the good life requires a season pass.

Bravo Peter! =D>
That's A GREAT what to look at it!!
Thumbs up! :wink:
My Avatar is BLM's DRAMP Proposed OHV Access under Alt #3.
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

MR. PETE
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by MR. PETE »

Sloppyduner wrote:
MR. PETE wrote:Now I'll have to buy 20 season passes to offset those ASA legal counsel fees...
Hey Pete you gonna use all those passes? I can find a place to store one of those for you next season. :-^

I appreciate your concern about my available storage space. Twenty passes will take up a lot of space. Frankly though, I can't think of a safer place to store one of the passes than with you Sloppy.

So, here's the plan.

As soon as I get the 20 passes, I'll leave one especially for you at the ASA Sand Sports Super Show booth sometime on Saturday.

I'll give it to one of the people working the booth and ask them to hold it for you until you arrive to pick it up.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what time I will be there, so If I were you, I would keep checking in every 15 minutes or so to see if it is there.

Now, this is the important part:

Every time you check in at the booth, be sure to tell the person there:

1) Who you are;

2) That you appreciate all the time and effort put in by the volunteers working there on your behalf;

and finally,

3) That you are there to pick up your free season pass.

Thanks again Sloppy!

O:)

MR. PETE
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by MR. PETE »

Woodglue wrote:
MR. PETE wrote: Life is good! However, sometimes the good life requires a season pass.

Bravo Peter! =D>
That's A GREAT what to look at it!!
Thumbs up! :wink:
Thanks Woodglue.

But I must admit, getting to this point has taken over 5 years; a few 12 step programs; some focused therapy about letting go of the past, embracing the present and learning to respect established boundries set by unelected authorities with whom I may or may not agree.

All this effort has enabled me to stay on the wagon of hope and out of the closed areas of despair.

[-o<

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair

Post by Sloppyduner »

MR. PETE wrote:
Sloppyduner wrote:

I appreciate your concern about my available storage space. Twenty passes will take up a lot of space. Frankly though, I can't think of a safer place to store one of the passes than with you Sloppy.

So, here's the plan.

As soon as I get the 20 passes, I'll leave one especially for you at the ASA Sand Sports Super Show booth sometime on Saturday.

I'll give it to one of the people working the booth and ask them to hold it for you until you arrive to pick it up.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what time I will be there, so If I were you, I would keep checking in every 15 minutes or so to see if it is there.

1) Who you are;

2) That you appreciate all the time and effort put in by the volunteers working there on your behalf;

and finally,

Thanks again Sloppy!

....and at the end of that light there is another tunnel

MR. PETE
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by MR. PETE »

Sloppyduner wrote:
MR. PETE wrote:
Sloppyduner wrote: Hey Pete you gonna use all those passes? I can find a place to store one of those for you next season. :-^

So, here's the plan.

1) Who you are;

and finally,

Thanks again Sloppy!

Touch'e! #-o

Are you actually working in the booth all three days? :-k

If so, =D> =D> =D> Thanks for steppin up!

If you're there, I'll see you at the booth.

LoBuck

Post by LoBuck »

MR. PETE wrote: If you're there, I'll see you at the booth.
Peter, if you've never met Jon don't worry about recognizing him.
Just look for this guy-->Image

Some people think that is a cartoon image. It's not that is an actually portrait.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just in case anyone has lost the purpose of this topic...
Washroad wrote:Simultaneously,

and,

So stop by the ASA booth as the SSSS, get your new season pass and say hello to new people!

Don't forget the online ASA store for those that can't make it to the SSSS. :cry:
'79 CJ5

MR. PETE
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by MR. PETE »

LoBuck wrote:
MR. PETE wrote: If you're there, I'll see you at the booth.
Revised
Peter, if you've never met Jon don't worry about recognizing him.
Just look for this guy-->Image

Some people think that is a cartoon image. It's not that is an actually portrait.
Thanks for the heads-up.

We also have to realize that three straight tireless days working in the ASA booth - no shower, no shave, will take it's toll on any man...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just in case anyone has lost the purpose of this topic...
Washroad wrote:Simultaneously,

and,

Yes indeed, back to the topic:
Actually, with $9 going directly to the ASA for each season pass the ASA sells, just think how much the ASA would benefit if every ASA member purchased their season pass from either the ASA store or SSSS booth.
8)

Washroad

Post by Washroad »

Mr. Pete!!!

I'm rolling!!! lmao!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you're looking for Sloppy at the SSSS, look for the guy in the portrait above. He'll prolly be hiding in the Raffle ticket booth, in the shade, pretending he's busy but really ogling Pam and Julie!!!! :shock:

I will be the smelly guy that Flo is ordering around! :lol: :lol:

NOW BUY YOUR SEASON PERMIT AT THE ASA BOOTH AT THE SSSS AND FEEL GOOD ABOUT CONTRIBUTING TO THE "CAUSE!!"
Brian
ex-SSSS Coordinator

Flo Haynes
ASA Merchandise Chair
ASA Merchandise Chair

Post by Flo Haynes »

I look forward to ordering him around these 3 1/2 days!! :lol:
2004 JRS Award Winner

Glamisman
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Re: Season Passes for Glamis for Sale!!!!

Post by Glamisman »

I have bought my annual I.S.D.R.A. pass at the S.S.S.S. every year that they were required, paid by C.C. and kept the receipts 'just in case'... On leaving Glamis last week I was stopped at the choke point on Wash road and informed that the pass that I was displaying was incorrect. I was informed that the one I was displaying was for the wrong year. "Where did the current pass disappear to?" I asked myself. I showed the I.C.S.O. the C.C. receipt and the I.S.D.R.A. receipt for 07/08 pass and was told that it insufficient, "I was not displaying the proper pass and if I did locate the correct one I would still be issued a citation because I was not displaying the proper pass."... "How am I supposed to know the proper pass?" I asked, "The one I have doesn't show a year on it!", "Well sir, it is the wrong one." was his response, I tried to argue "substantial compliance" by again showing my 2 proofs of payment, the receipt from the I.S.D.R.A. and the C.C. receipt, but still got the $100 ticket.

After doing some legal research this week, technically I am at fault, and having said that I will pay my fine but that still leaves 2 lingering questions... what good is/are the receipts if

1. You can not get a replacement pass and
2. The authorities do not acknowledge them as proof of payment?

As I sit typing this out, I am watching the HBO "John Adams" series and I looked up the meaning of tyranny...

tyr·an·ny
Pronunciation: \ˈtir-ə-nē\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural tyr·an·nies
Etymology: Middle English tyrannie, from Middle French, from Medieval Latin tyrannia, from Latin tyrannus tyrant
Date: 14th century

1: oppressive power <every form of tyranny over the mind of man — Thomas Jefferson>; especially : oppressive power exerted by government <the tyranny of a police state>

I guess definition #1 fits real well.

Sadly, my personal opinion of law enforcement in general has just dropped one more notch, not for the fact that I received a citation and have to pay a fine, but for the fact having proven "substantial compliance" the "letter" of the law is more powerful that the "intent" behind the law.

LoBuck

Post by LoBuck »

The reason the permit must be displayed and a receipt is not valid proof that you actually have one is this: How is the LEO to know that the permit you purchased is not being used by someone else at the same time you are showing the receipt for it?

The permit is not associated to your vehicle or your name so the only way for the LEO to know that you have a permit is to physically see it. I'm sure this is what you found when doing the legal research.
'79 CJ5

Glamisbound

Post by Glamisbound »

1: oppressive power <every form of tyranny over the mind of man — Thomas Jefferson>; especially : oppressive power exerted by government <the tyranny of a police state>

I guess definition #1 fits real well.
You really think the LEO asking you for the PROPER permit is OPPRESSIVE POWER??? Sounds like the LEO doing the job we're paying him to do to me.

It's your responsibility to have the proper pass (and to know which is the proper pass for that matter), not anyone elses. Stop trying to blame it on the LEO for doing his job. You should have thanked him IMO.
GLAMISBOUND
Walking the gap...All give some, some give all!!

36' HR Endeavor Diesel Pusher, 330 Caterpillar
2007 Potter Productions Dual Sport with a Redline LS1 and Mendi 2D
'02 yz 426
'04 crf 50
50 cc quads for the little groms

crash

Post by crash »

So they don't write peoples last names on the permits anymore?

I haven't been out this year, but IIRC this was done previously.

Sounds kind of odd that you would have a pass that doesn't have a year on it.

Again, IIRC, all the previous passes had the September expiration date on it.

Something doesn't sound quite right in your story.

Are you saying that the reciept you had was for the pass you were displaying?

Are you saying that you were sold THAT PASS by the ASA at the SSSS?

Return to “Wide Open Sand”