Two women sought in OHV theft operation. UPDATE: ARRESTED!

No fences. Non area specific. General discussion forum.

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

Winston Cup
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Two women sought in OHV theft operation. UPDATE: ARRESTED!

Post by Winston Cup »

Two women sought in theft operation

http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/women_ ... _luck.html

Ericka Lynn Fleming, 27, and Camille Bylo Lewis, 51

August 8, 2008 - 5:15PM
BEATRIZ E. VALENZUELA
The two unassuming women, claiming to be down on their luck, have parted with some of their favorite toys: motorcycles, quads and maybe a toy hauler.

What they do not tell unsuspecting buyers is that the items are not the women’s to sell.

Camille Bylo Lewis, 51, and Ericka Lynn Fleming, 27, have been arrested in Las Vegas for stealing and selling toy haulers and off-road vehicles. They were arrested more than two years ago and have served their time.

Now they are suspected of doing the same in San Bernardino and Riverside counties, and possibly Arizona, officials said.

The duo steal toy haulers mainly from storage facilities and businesses, then sell the contents, said Heath Kuhlmann, a California Highway Patrol officer with the San Bernardino County Auto Theft Task Force.

The women were caught on surveillance video on June 7, stealing all-terrain vehicles from a storage facility in Victorville, said Carlos Flores, a member of SANCATT with the District Attorney’s Bureau of Investigations.

Later that same evening, Fleming is seen on video entering The Gentleman’s Club Bikini Club in Victorville, where she sold the ATVs to an employee.

“I’m sure the fact that they are women lulls buyers into a false sense of security,” Kuhlmann said.

The women used a Budget rental truck to transport the stolen ATVs from the storage facility, according to officials.

“They con their way into the storage company and then drive around looking for unlocked toy haulers,” Flores said.

The women provide buyers with bogus documents and sell the stolen items for much less than what they are worth in the hopes of selling them quickly, Kuhlmann said.

“They count on the fact that most of the people who own these toy haulers do not check on them everyday,” Flores said. “By the time the owners realize their items have been stolen, they’ve already sold them.”

Officials believe the women may still be in the Victor Valley and are asking the public for help in apprehending them.
If anyone has any information, they are urged to contact SANCATT at (909) 388-4898 or WeTip at (800) 78-CRIME.
Guy Chrest

Wayne_Nosala
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Re: Alert: Two women sought in OHV theft operation

Post by Wayne_Nosala »

Thanks for posting this, I reposted on other message boards, maybe they will
catch these two hagballs

Wayne

crash

Post by crash »

Guess what they say is true. "It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks." Is the three strikes law still in effect here in CA? (GB)

Woodglue
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by Woodglue »

Who would buy a OHV without getting the papers for it???

These buyers got was they deserved IMO.
He who holds the paper owns the toy!
My Avatar is BLM's DRAMP Proposed OHV Access under Alt #3.
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

crash

Post by crash »

Well, I know Arizona has, in the past, been much more lenient on having docs. Don't know about Nevada, but it does say that they may have operated in these states as well, so buyers in those states may not have been quit as aware as we are here in CA.

Intelliduner
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member

Post by Intelliduner »

Woodglue wrote:Who would buy a OHV without getting the papers for it???
They didn't. From the article above:

"The women provide buyers with bogus documents"

Either they were good forgeries or the buyers didn't know the difference or didn't care.
_dennis

Woodglue

Post by Woodglue »

Yeah, what you said :wink:
My Avatar is BLM's DRAMP Proposed OHV Access under Alt #3.
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

spectr17
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by spectr17 »

Crossposted to our hunting & fishin forum. Hopefully someone recognizes these dirtbags.

Glamisbound

Post by Glamisbound »

crash wrote:Guess what they say is true. "It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks." Is the three strikes law still in effect here in CA? (GB)
Absolutely! And the D.A. in SD is very adamant about prosecuting it. I have a three striker case going right now where the douche stole a couple checks out of the mail. He's a three striker so he's looking at 20+ years. But as a comparison, a 1st timer for this type of crime might get 6 months, but most likely just 3 years probation. We love 3rd strikers!

And more related to this story, there is a new task force in San Diego concentrating on cooper theft and new legislation directed at recyclers to combat this on-going problem. And of course every once in a while, one of the scum bags electrocutes himself to death stealing wire...so that's always good, I mean a deterent
GLAMISBOUND
Walking the gap...All give some, some give all!!

36' HR Endeavor Diesel Pusher, 330 Caterpillar
2007 Potter Productions Dual Sport with a Redline LS1 and Mendi 2D
'02 yz 426
'04 crf 50
50 cc quads for the little groms

gelwell

Post by gelwell »

And more related to this story, there is a new task force in San Diego concentrating on cooper theft and new legislation directed at recyclers to combat this on-going problem. And of course every once in a while, one of the scum bags electrocutes himself to death stealing wire...so that's always good, I mean a deterent
Yeah we had one zork himself in Vista about 3 months ago. If you're going to take on 20,000 volts without the proper training for a couple of dollars then you deserve everything you get. These scum bags life just aint worth a cupla bucks,
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

crash

Post by crash »

Unfortunately, it probably cost more than a couple bucks to clean up the mess of what was left of him. At least it will be the final payment........unless, of course, the family sues because the 20KV line was an "attractive nuisance" or some such other BS.

Glamisbound

Post by Glamisbound »

crash wrote:Unfortunately, it probably cost more than a couple bucks to clean up the mess of what was left of him. At least it will be the final payment........unless, of course, the family sues because the 20KV line was an "attractive nuisance" or some such other BS.
I saw the LE pics of that guy. I was quite impressed with what a little electricity can do. Let's just say he won't be stealing from anyone ever again.
GLAMISBOUND
Walking the gap...All give some, some give all!!

36' HR Endeavor Diesel Pusher, 330 Caterpillar
2007 Potter Productions Dual Sport with a Redline LS1 and Mendi 2D
'02 yz 426
'04 crf 50
50 cc quads for the little groms

gelwell

Post by gelwell »

crash wrote:Unfortunately, it probably cost more than a couple bucks to clean up the mess of what was left of him. At least it will be the final payment........unless, of course, the family sues because the 20KV line was an "attractive nuisance" or some such other BS.
Crash please tell me that your being facitious. An Attractive nuisance, 20Kv line in the air on a pole is attractive :shock: :shock: This clown was not only felony stupid but deadly stupid, frankly both aren't very attractive.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

crash

Post by crash »

gelwell wrote: Crash please tell me that your being facitious.
Of course I am. At least half the stuff I write is feces-tious. :D :lol:

gelwell

Post by gelwell »

crash wrote:
gelwell wrote: Crash please tell me that your being facitious.
Of course I am. At least half the stuff I write is feces-tious. :D :lol:
Ok sometimes you're hard to read as to where you are really coming from :lol:

crash

Post by crash »

I am also of the opinion that the "attractive nuisance" reason for laying blame on someone is total crap(or feces, if you will). You know, someone has a piece of property and some kids in the neighborhood go and build a moto cross track on it, one of them gets hurt, and then the parents sue the property owner. TOTAL BS to me. Same thing invisioned here. Somehow, to the perps family, the wires shouldn't have been there and Johnny Stupid wouldn't have been attracted to them and died. It's a method of transferring responsibility and it makes me SICK!! Especially because it has worked in some courts!

gelwell

Post by gelwell »

crash wrote:I am also of the opinion that the "attractive nuisance" reason for laying blame on someone is total crap(or feces, if you will). You know, someone has a piece of property and some kids in the neighborhood go and build a moto cross track on it, one of them gets hurt, and then the parents sue the property owner. TOTAL BS to me. Same thing invisioned here. Somehow, to the perps family, the wires shouldn't have been there and Johnny Stupid wouldn't have been attracted to them and died. It's a method of transferring responsibility and it makes me SICK!! Especially because it has worked in some courts!
I am in complete agreement. People simply dont accept responsibility for their own stupidity. What's bothersome is the fact the courts agree, that is the sad part. I work in the corporate world and what I hate is the "I will do it, knowing full well its against policy, and ask for forgiveness later theory". I really despise that attitude, but it still prevails.

Winston Cup

Post by Winston Cup »

CAUGHT

http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/arrest ... ieves.html

Toy-hauler thieves arrested

October 1, 2008 - 8:41AM

VICTORVILLE• Sheriff's officials arrested two women accused of stealing toyhaulers and selling their contents to unsuspecting buyers, officials said.

Camille Lewis, 50, and Ericka Fleming, 28, both of Las Vegas were arrested in Victorville on Tuesday afternoon, according to San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department officials, after a citizen recognized a trailer as stolen and called sheriff's officials.

A juvenile who was traveling with the women was released into the custody of the Department of Child Protective Services, officials said.

Both women were arrested for grand theft auto and booked into Victor Valley Jail.
Guy Chrest

Winston Cup

Re: Two women sought in OHV theft operation. UPDATE: ARRESTED!

Post by Winston Cup »

http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/wanted ... eming.html

Female suspects may be wanted for other robberies

Law enforcement officials from Southern California, Nevada looking at women for similar crimes
October 10, 2008 - 5:16PM

BEATRIZ E. VALENZUELA Staff Writer
Two women arrested in Victorville for stealing trailers and selling their contents may be wanted by other law enforcement agencies in Southern California and Nevada, officials said.

Camille Lewis, 50, and Ericka Fleming, 28, both of Las Vegas, are people of interest in a robbery case involving a church’s trailer, said Lt. Rick Handfield, spokesman for the Irvine Police Department.

Earlier this year, someone drove a Ryder truck into a storage yard and stole a trailer that belonged to a church, Handfield said.

The trailer contained about $10,000 in audio equipment, according to officials.

Law enforcement officials from Riverside County and Las Vegas also are looking at the women as possible suspects in robbery cases, authorities said.

The two women would drive rental trucks into storage yards, hook up toy haulers and trailers to the truck, then drive away, according to San Bernardino County Auto Theft Task Force officials.

Lewis and Fleming would then take the contents and sell them to unsuspecting buyers, using fraudulent documents, authorities said.

The women were arrested in Victorville on Sept. 30 for grand theft auto, officials said, and were booked into Victor Valley Jail.

Beatriz E. Valenzuela can be reached at 951-6276 or at BValenzuela@vvdailypress.com
Guy Chrest

MattV

Re: Two women sought in OHV theft operation. UPDATE: ARRESTED!

Post by MattV »

I am still unconvinced that both of the people pictured are female.
Water is just beer that hasn't reached its full potential.

Return to “Wide Open Sand”