Thrillcraft

No fences. Non area specific. General discussion forum.

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

Voice
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member

Thrillcraft

Post by Voice »

http://www.stopthrillcraft.org/index.htm
A website to watch.

They supposidly have some free DVD's
Mahmoud Ahmedinejad in a letter to President Elect Barak Obama
"May God Almighty ... bless the leaders of societies with the courage to learn from the mistakes of predecessors,"
"I hope that you will be able to take fullest advantage of the opportunity to serve and leave behind a positive legacy."

tomjeeps2
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Re: Thrillcraft

Post by tomjeeps2 »

Just one cultures hatred toward another, that'a all is...TJ
The Country is ran by the few that show up.
They are lead by the even fewer that step up.

http://WWW.TEAMSTEALTH.ORG Noise issue information.
http://WWW.OHMVR.COM Total Off Road Recreation!

Tom Tammone

mrlongtravel
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by mrlongtravel »

Since were all evil thrill craft atics. How lame is this, Thrillcraft? Are you serious!!?? CBD is evil.

Sandcock

Post by Sandcock »

wouldn't it be cool if we were all snow boot hiking clones :roll: thank goodness that we are all unique in our own way.......those that enjoy hiking in the outdoors can do so and those that enjoy off-roading in areas that are set aside for off-roading can do so............we can't and should not ride in areas that are off limits, and likewise those that hike should not expect a quiet walk about in an area that one knows is set aside for off-roading...............the public land is for all to enjoy, not just for prohibitionist environmentalists.
The real egalitarians are not the people who want to redistribute wealth to the poor, but those who want to extend to the poor the ability to create their own wealth, to lift themselves up, instead of trying to tear others down. Earning respect, including self-respect, is better than being a parasite. Thomas Sowell

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair

Post by Sloppyduner »

Obviously a group looking to discriminate against the disabled who can’t see the country side any other way then by off road vehicle. [-X

....and at the end of that light there is another tunnel

Sanman
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by Sanman »

Look at the picture in the Myths links. The one with the guy on the jetski just missing the two kids. It looks like it was photoshoped. [-X

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair

Post by Sloppyduner »

:x stopthrillcraft.ORG??? [-X :x :x But what happens when they enter .com instead of .org? :-k

http://www.stopthrillcraft.COM

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/

I'm gonna need help with content and design [-o<

ddjthomas
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by ddjthomas »

Sloppyduner wrote::x stopthrillcraft.ORG??? [-X :x :x But what happens when they enter .com instead of .org? :-k

Way to go Sloppy =D> =D> =D> =D>
Donny
AKA: Digger
feet in the sand.....
you gatta love that

Wayne_Nosala
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by Wayne_Nosala »

George Wuerthner, What a piece of work.

This clown tried to purchase some pictures from a photographer on Race-Dezert.com for his little hate campaign, The guy told him to stuff it once he found out who this Wuerthner turd is.

George Wuerthner in one of his articles compared OHV users in the same context as spousal abusers

Quote from web site
According to the California Air Resources Board, a typical two-stroke snowmobile engine produces as much harmful pollution in seven hours as a passenger car driven for 100,000 miles! The newer four-stroke engines are not much better. Pollutants for all snowmobiles emitted include carbon monoxide, benzene, and formaldehyde.
Does CARB really say that?

Wayne

Wayne_Nosala
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by Wayne_Nosala »

Sloppyduner wrote::x stopthrillcraft.ORG??? [-X :x :x But what happens when they enter .com instead of .org? :-k

Thats Dang Funny!

Wayne

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair

Post by Sloppyduner »

\:D/ Looking a little better? Just got the home page for now. I probaly gotta change that soon. Not enough tabs, but I plan for it to be something like that. [-o<

Sandcock

Post by Sandcock »

awesome web page Jon =D>
The real egalitarians are not the people who want to redistribute wealth to the poor, but those who want to extend to the poor the ability to create their own wealth, to lift themselves up, instead of trying to tear others down. Earning respect, including self-respect, is better than being a parasite. Thomas Sowell

bgwhtjp33
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by bgwhtjp33 »

Looking good Sloppy!!
Your just jealous.....cause the voices don't talk to you

Ed T.
93 Jeep Cherokee
07 Predator 500

alyshka
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by alyshka »

WOW another web-site with mis-info or is it out right lies

What they say:
The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) administers 264 million acres — o........................................... Currently approximately 93 percent of the BLM lands in the continental United States are currently open to ORV access.

What BLM say:
"For the 258 million acres of BLM administered lands, the BLM’s current OHV designation status is approximately 32% “open”, 4% “closed”, 48% “limited”, and 16% “undesignated”. Included among the “open” areas, BLM manages approximately 100 specifically designated OHV riding areas."

"The BLM public lands host over 55 million recreation visitors annually – an increase of over 80% since 1990. BLM estimates that 22 million of these visitors participate in motorized recreation."

http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/prog/Recrea ... ement.html
Robert Hancock
"The task that has fallen to us as Americans is to keep alive the hope and dream of freedom"
Ronald Reagan
alyshka r.i.p. 1987-2004
Alyshka's Photos

DuneRookie
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by DuneRookie »

Looking good Sloppy :!:

What BLM say:
"For the 258 million acres of BLM administered lands, the BLM’s current OHV designation status is approximately 32% “open”, 4% “closed”, 48% “limited”, and 16% “undesignated”. Included among the “open” areas, BLM manages approximately 100 specifically designated OHV riding areas."

"The BLM public lands host over 55 million recreation visitors annually – an increase of over 80% since 1990. BLM estimates that 22 million of these visitors participate in motorized recreation."

This is the kind of info we need ..Good work..

Woodglue

Post by Woodglue »

Economic Benefits:
Per here:
The United Desert Gateway estimated that $45 million was spent in the Imperial Valley last Thanksgiving weekend by the some 150,000 folks who frequented the Imperial Sand Dune Recreation Area.
United Desert Gateway CFO and El Centro Chamber of Commerce CEO Cathy Kennerson said, "the impact that $45 million had this weekend on the Imperial Valley will be felt all year long."
“I think we all should be excited that we have this huge off-roading capability in the Imperial Valley that we can tap into,” Kennerson said. “There’s a lot more room for bringing in dollars in the Imperial Valley.”
Litigation Costs:
You wont be able to use this as a reference, but some of the information is spot-on!
Per here:
Saving a plant

Re "Lawsuit: more species on endangered list" (National News, March 25).

Please tell me when an environmentalist group is not suing our government. They have completely tied up more funding and time in attempts to list bogus plants, reptiles and other species they claim need protection. These tax dollars should be used to help the 1,300 species currently under protection, not to pay just for court time. I'm 100 percent behind a "true listing" but would like to see the requirements changed to be based more on "peer-reviewed science" instead of emotional requests.

I've been involved over the past seven years with the Peirson's Milkvetch plant de-listing petition. This sub-species, a variety of 400 others, was listed as "threatened" in 1998 and is only found growing at the Imperial Sand Dunes Recreation Area near Brawley. In year 2000, almost 50,000 acres within the legal off-road riding area was closed to the public to protect this plant. The American Sand Association (http://www.asasand.org) along with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) that oversees this area have conducted studies on this plant. We now have more scientific studies on this one plant than any other desert plant. All reports show this plant is doing just fine, and even better in most of the areas we still legally ride. Yet this plant today remains on the federal list and has cost over $6 million to date, mostly court costs. Multiply that by the 681 more species the WildEarth Guardians would like to see listed. Did I mention that this plant is toxic?

James Colln
Bellflower
My Avatar is BLM's DRAMP Proposed OHV Access under Alt #3.
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

Woodglue

Post by Woodglue »

Also, check out the 2003 AZ OHV economic impact study. A lot of good stuff in there.
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair

Post by Sloppyduner »

Thank you guys. Its starting to pile up now. I got content coming out my ears. Don't stop though. I'm sorting it, checking it, and hope to figure out how to post it soon. This home page only thing is killing me.

Anybody got any water or snow stuff?

gelwell
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member

Post by gelwell »

The United Desert Gateway estimated that $45 million was spent in the Imperial Valley last Thanksgiving weekend by the some 150,000 folks who frequented the Imperial Sand Dune Recreation Area.
United Desert Gateway CFO and El Centro Chamber of Commerce CEO Cathy Kennerson said, "the impact that $45 million had this weekend on the Imperial Valley will be felt all year long."
“I think we all should be excited that we have this huge off-roading capability in the Imperial Valley that we can tap into,” Kennerson said. “There’s a lot more room for bringing in dollars in the Imperial Valley.”
This is a huge influx of cash from us to the poorest county in our state. Imperial county has always either been the bottom or near bottom in terms of per capita wages and one of the highest Welfare counties in the state. I simply cant imagine them getting this influx of cash from "enviromental tourism". I sure hope this information gets to Judge Illston's request for financial impact request.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

DuneRookie
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by DuneRookie »

I simply cant imagine them getting this influx of cash from "enviromental tourism".
This was taken from the stopthrillcraft.org site.
A pair of hiking boots is all that is required to access our public lands. Compared to the cost of a snowmobile or an ATV which can run into the thousands of dollars, not to mention the big trucks and trailers to haul them, hiking shoes, snowshoes or skis are a relatively inexpensive cost of admission.
I think the point being missed here is in our sport we mobilize in greater numbers therefore more individuals available to contribute to the local economies. When have you seen ten's of thousands of hikers, or bird watchers congrgate to visit an area? Just don't see it happening.

bgwhtjp33
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by bgwhtjp33 »

Don't know who did this but it might something to look in to.......

Looked up stopthrillcraft.org's registrar, GoDaddy... for once, godaddy's policies are in my favor! Sent this morning... I urge you to do the same.

to PR@godaddy.com
date Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 9:18 AM
subject stopthrillcraft.org in violation of your user agreement.
mailed-by fbox.net

In regards to the DNS records held by you for stopthrillcraft.org. The content of the site violates your policy "5. NO UNLAWFUL CONDUCT OR IMPROPER USE." The site under the category of "...activities designed to defame, embarrass, harm, abuse, threaten, slander or harass third parties...", states claims and statistics with no data proof of these claims, hence slandering the Off Highway Vehicle "thrillcraft" community. They state many times on the website, airpolution, destruction of habitat and other unsupported facts, being stated as facts. As defined by Webster's Dictionary;

Slander:
1 : the utterance of false charges or misrepresentations which defame and damage another's reputation
2 : a false and defamatory oral statement about a person

Under those definitions, this site uses slander in it's campain against the OHV community, by stating statistics and comments that are not backedup with data. Please take actions as stated in your terms of use. Thank you.

Ed T.
93 Jeep Cherokee
07 Predator 500

Woodglue

Post by Woodglue »

I like that Ed, is stoppthrillcraft hosted by godaddy?
How can you tell that it is?
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

bgwhtjp33
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by bgwhtjp33 »

Found the post on another site, not sure how they figured it out.......

Ed T.
93 Jeep Cherokee
07 Predator 500

jhitesma

Post by jhitesma »

Finding out who hosts a site is pretty easy. You just have to do a whois on the domain record and you can find out who the registrar is for the domain and who controls the DNS records. You can also do an reverse whois on the IP address of the actual server to find out who owns the IP block and from there it's usually pretty easy to find out who owns the actual server.

Just takes a few seconds and a few common tools.

Woodglue

Post by Woodglue »

jhitesma wrote:Just takes a few seconds and a few common tools.
Can you do it?
I have a letter to godaddy written up, but I don't want to send it if they are not hosting the site.
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

jhitesma

Post by jhitesma »

Woodglue wrote: I have a letter to godaddy written up, but I don't want to send it if they are not hosting the site.

A few excerpts from the whois record (data about the domain name)
Domain ID:D149683788-LROR
Domain Name:STOPTHRILLCRAFT.ORG
Created On:07-Nov-2007 17:01:50 UTC
Last Updated On:07-Jan-2008 03:50:15 UTC
Expiration Date:07-Nov-2009 17:01:50 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, Inc. (R91-LROR)
Registrant Name:Bill Haskins
Registrant Organization:Center for Biological Diversity
Admin ID:GODA-239594808
Admin Name:Bill Haskins
Admin Organization:Center for Biological Diversity
Tech ID:GODA-139594808
Tech Name:Bill Haskins
Tech Organization:Center for Biological Diversity
Name Server:NS15.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server:NS16.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
A quick DNS check on the domain name bring up:
http://www.stopthrillcraft.org canonical name = stopthrillcraft.org.
Name: stopthrillcraft.org
Address: 192.245.12.241
And an IPwhois on the address shows:
OrgName: Opus One
OrgID: OPUS
Address: 1404 East Lind Road
City: Tucson
StateProv: AZ
PostalCode: 85719
Who have a website here: http://www.opus1.com/

So the answer is the domain is registered through godaddy. But "opus one" provide the hosting.

Woodglue

Post by Woodglue »

jhitesma wrote: So the answer is the domain is registered through godaddy. But "opus one" provide the hosting.
Thanks Jason.

Following is the e-mail I sent to godaddy:
-----Original Message-----
To: PR@godaddy.com
Sent: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 10:48 am
Subject: Stopthrillcraft.org violates godaddy.com user agreement

To whom it may concern,

I am surprised and offended by the slanderous content on this website, registered by godaddy.com.

As per the DNS records held by godaddy for stopthrillcraft.org, the content of the site violates godaddy policy number "5. NO UNLAWFUL CONDUCT OR IMPROPER USE." The site, (under the category of "...activities designed to defame, embarrass, harm, abuse, threaten, slander or harass third parties...") states claims and statistics with no references of proof, hence slenderizing an entire Off Highway Vehicle (a.ka. "thrillcraft") Recreation community. This website frequently points toward air-pollution, destruction of habitat, un-lawfulness and other unsupported claims. While these are being stated as facts, the only fact is that these are unsubstantiated claims, being misrepresented to the public.

The bottom line is, this site - registered by godaddy, is an extension of a slanderous campaign that is already surrounded in litigation.

I anticipate that godaddy will rectify this situation as stated in their terms of use.

Watching with concern,
-Mike Reber.
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

Woodglue

Post by Woodglue »

Working on a letter to Opus now, but there Terms and Conditions are pretty loose. I can't say that the website is a violation of Opus Rules in any way.
Unleeeeeessss, we could discreetly point at violation of Az State Law with the use of Slander that the site has.
That is, If Slander is against the law in Az. Any other state, I wouldn't think twice.. but Az is a different animal in lots of ways. :lol:

Anybody got a lawyer? I might need one here. :lol:
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair

Post by Sloppyduner »

Sorry for the long read thats HERE.
Maybe instead of contacting hosting companys somebody should contact the Arazona Judge that worked the case where the CBD posted false info on their site to defame this rancher. He won a suit for slander.

How does the CBD still slander people and not get a sued? :-k Maybe start a different org and put up a web site slandering a boat load more people.

But thats just my own personal guess. I wouldn't want anybody else to buy in on it.

I GOTTA get my site going, WAY too much info, don't know where to start.

HELP? I'll give you a page all you have to do is write it and give me pix. I know I have some already, but dang.

Woodglue

Post by Woodglue »

I received a e-mail reply from godaddy:
To: mreber01 @ aol.com
Sent: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 11:06 am
Subject: RE: Stopthrillcraft.org violates godaddy.com user agreement

Dear Mike -

Thank you for the email.

We have forwarded your information to the appropriate department for review. If more information is needed or there is an expressed interest in your offer, you will be contacted directly.

The Public Relations/Press office does not receive follow up on these matters.

Best regards,

Stephanie Bracken
GoDaddy.com
I'll keep you posted on anything else I hear.
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

Woodglue

Post by Woodglue »

A final reply from godaddy:
To: mreber01 @ aol.com
Sent: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 12:37 pm
Subject: RE: [FWD: Stopthrillcraft.org violates godaddy.com user agreement]

Dear Mike Reber,

Thank you for contacting the GoDaddy.com Spam and Abuse Department.

We are not the hosting provider for this site. We are the domain name registrar only. We have neither access to, nor jurisdiction over the content on this site.

The web hosting provider for this website is the company responsible for policing any content that appears on this site. You can discover the identity of the hosting provider by performing a "WhoIS" lookup on the domain name in question. The results of your search will reveal both the domain name registrar and the name servers for the domain name. A "WhoIS" search on these name servers will reveal the web hosting provider where the domain name's website resides. Please submit your complaint to this company based on their AUP.

Domain name "WhoIs" lookups can be performed at the following sites:

http://www.whois.net/
http://www.internic.net/whois.html
http://www.betterwhois.com/
http://www.allwhois.com/
http://www.geektools.com/whois.php

Sincerely,
Spam and Abuse Department
GoDaddy.com
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair

Post by Sloppyduner »

Anybody up to taking on the snowmobile section? If so PM or E-mail it to me. THANKS!!!

Woodglue

Post by Woodglue »

How's it going Jon? =D>
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair

Post by Sloppyduner »

Woodglue wrote:How's it going Jon? =D>
Funny you should ask. I sure could use a fact checker. I'm scooting right along putting a couple more pages together this week. Waiting on some answers from people for other pages. But now I gotta figure out how to put them all together. I got the pages, I have the menu on the home page, but the buttons don't link to the page they say they do. :(

Oh well I'm getting there though, like I said just need a responce from a few people, and maybe a fact checker to see if my stuff looks/sounds good before I put it up.

Woodglue

Post by Woodglue »

In regards to fact-checking, I'll do what I'm able to.
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair

Post by Sloppyduner »

You got a PM.