Boardmanville dollars

No fences. Non area specific. General discussion forum.

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

jhitesma
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Boardmanville dollars

Post by jhitesma »

Little story in the Yuma Sun about some updates to Boardmanville that people may find interesting:

http://www.yumasun.com/articles/camp-75 ... group.html

proglamis
ASA Transportation Vice Chair
ASA Transportation Vice Chair

Re: Boardmanville dollars

Post by proglamis »

Hey Jason,
Hope you and the new family are all well.

Talked to Jeanne about what was going on. Something new is in the works but for now she's back open. I don't know for how long but she seems determined.

Nice to have beer and ice to go after 1700hrs again.

I'm trying to talk her into selling beer to go for just about cost to get people to drive over there and maybe renting out the bar for special events. Wedding, etc... She seemed very interested in that. She needs to come up with a new bussiness plan. Or find a husband with one.

I wish her the best.

jhitesma

Re: Boardmanville dollars

Post by jhitesma »

I've been so out of the loop I didn't even know she had actually shut down. I heard a lot of talk about her probably shutting down but never heard that it was finalized. Glad to hear she's looking into some other ideas to keep things going.

I always wondered how much cash was on those walls...if there was $13k on the outside it still leaves me wondering just how much is inside :)

Family is doing great and we're really hoping to make it out to the dunes this year. Didn't get even one trip last year due to my wife's schedule and the new baby. Almost made it out for T-day but really didn't want to go on the crazy weekend and didn't have cash for the passes anyway. Need to get the manx rolling again, got a neighbor who has fab experience and has offered to help...but haven't seen him around to get things going since he offered to help :(

Return to “Wide Open Sand”