Vince

No fences. Non area specific. General discussion forum.

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

Sandcock
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Vince

Post by Sandcock » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:42 pm

Glamisonline.com is under construction.......what's up?
The real egalitarians are not the people who want to redistribute wealth to the poor, but those who want to extend to the poor the ability to create their own wealth, to lift themselves up, instead of trying to tear others down. Earning respect, including self-respect, is better than being a parasite. Thomas Sowell

Vincent J Brunasso
ASA Co-Founder • Past President
ASA Co-Founder • Past President
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Re: Vince

Post by Vincent J Brunasso » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:15 pm

At some point in the past, Keith and I donated GlamisOnLine (GOL) to the ASA because it was the web presence of the ASA in those days.

Fast forward 10 years to present day. ASA now has its own site that is targeted toward the fight to keep open the dunes. ASA does not have the resources to maintain another web site. Therefore recently, the ASA returned ownership back to Keith and I.

GOL can now go back to what it was originally intended to do – inform duners all about the ISDRA experience. However, in the interim, a few other sites sprang up that do a very good job of that.

There’s not much we could add that would be significant or that would not be redundant.

In addition, GOL is sorely out of date: it would take a great amount of time to bring the site current and maintain it. Neither of us have that time. Until we figure out what to do with it, we’re “under construction”.

We are certainly open to suggestions or offers of help.
Vincent J. Brunasso
ASA Co-Founder and past president

“My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.”
--Thomas Jefferson

Sandcock
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Vince

Post by Sandcock » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:52 pm

No suggestions from me. I liked it the way it was. And, I'm a real dummy when it comes to computers :oops:
The real egalitarians are not the people who want to redistribute wealth to the poor, but those who want to extend to the poor the ability to create their own wealth, to lift themselves up, instead of trying to tear others down. Earning respect, including self-respect, is better than being a parasite. Thomas Sowell

Return to “Wide Open Sand”