ISDRA Dunes Manager on Ch 7 News - RAMP Interview

No fences. Non area specific. General discussion forum.

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

Vincent J Brunasso
ASA Co-Founder • Past President
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

ISDRA Dunes Manager on Ch 7 News - RAMP Interview

Post by Vincent J Brunasso » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:12 am

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/video?id=9150505

I like that the reporter kept saying "RE-OPEN". Neil made a good case that their actions are based on millions of $ of science while Ms. Anderson didn't back up her arguement at all.
Vincent J. Brunasso
ASA Co-Founder and past president

“My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.”
--Thomas Jefferson

Sandcock
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: ISDRA Dunes Manager on Ch 7 News - RAMP Interview

Post by Sandcock » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:33 pm

Unfortunately, all the extremists have to do is make an unsubstantiated declaration that a species is threatened or endangered and the game is on. It would be nice if there was a law stating that those that make the declaration have to provide scientific evidence and documentation of what the affects to the public would be. In other words they would have to spend a chunk of change prior to making the declaration. It would also be nice to see them have to reimburse the agencies if their declaration fails in its attempt to put a species on the threatened or endangered list. It should not be one way.
The real egalitarians are not the people who want to redistribute wealth to the poor, but those who want to extend to the poor the ability to create their own wealth, to lift themselves up, instead of trying to tear others down. Earning respect, including self-respect, is better than being a parasite. Thomas Sowell

Vincent J Brunasso
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Re: ISDRA Dunes Manager on Ch 7 News - RAMP Interview

Post by Vincent J Brunasso » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:30 pm

In 2004, they tried to list 16 species. The listings were denied due to lack of science. The ASA has always insisted on science-driven decisions.

You can bet that this is how they will try to keep the temporary closures in place this time:
http://articles.ivpressonline.com/2013- ... s_38412153

I see more listing petitions in our future in hopes of getting a TRO that stops the implementation of the RAMP until the petitions are decided. Never mind that there are 26,000 acres on the other side of 78 where they thrive.
Vincent J. Brunasso
ASA Co-Founder and past president

“My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.”
--Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Wide Open Sand”