Membership - How To?

Issues Related To Volunteers, Membership Organization.

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

RichB
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Membership - How To?

Post by RichB »

Hey guys, I've been a board users for years now but didn't realize signing up for board useage wasn't one in the same as becoming a free member. What I want to do is sign up as supporting member and to do it online. I tried to do it once already but it was creating a new account/username but I want to keep my existing username from the board so I don't lose my 5th gear status etc.

Thanks in advance and I'm looking forward to joining other card carrying members.

Rich
ASA Member

jhitesma
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member

Post by jhitesma »

BBS and ASA accounts are completely separate. You can keep your existing BBS account and then merge it with your new ASA account if you want to get the little ASA symbol on your name.

ASA accounts are all given assigned usernames for consistancy - but once you merge your ASA account with your BBS account you can then use your BBS username/password to access both the BBS and the rest of the ASA membership functions.

There is a thread in the FAQ forum about how to merge your accounts once you have created them.

Doc
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post by Doc »

Hi Rich

I sent you an email with the instructions on how to join as a supporting member and how to merge your accounts.

Thanks for steping up and becoming a supporting member

Dick Holliday

RichB

Post by RichB »

Appreciate the help guys. I'm gonna get to signing up right now :!:

Return to “ASA Membership / Volunteer Organization”