Paypal

Issues Related To Volunteers, Membership Organization.

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

FL250Modder
1st Gear Member

Paypal

Post by FL250Modder »

Have you guys thought of introducting paypal as a payment option? I think it would bring more people into donations and such.
Derek E. "FL250Modder"

Od-Mods Extreme Odyssey Modifacations Founder/Admin

http://www.odmods.webs.com

Glamisbound
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Glamisbound »

I second that. Great idea :!: :idea: :!:
GLAMISBOUND
Walking the gap...All give some, some give all!!

36' HR Endeavor Diesel Pusher, 330 Caterpillar
2007 Potter Productions Dual Sport with a Redline LS1 and Mendi 2D
'02 yz 426
'04 crf 50
50 cc quads for the little groms

LoBuck
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by LoBuck »

I'm not sure if the ASA BoD has discussed the use of PayPal before or not. It would seem that is would have been considered. I know that there is an added cost to using PayPal and that might be a negative. Dick Holiday will probably provide an answer here.

There are a couple of quick and easy ways to Donate to the ASA now using your credit card. You can use the link at the top of this page, or go to the main ASA Website and look for Donate.

Use this link to make a One Time Donation to the ASA.

Use this link to set up an automatic monthly donation to the ASA.

You can also support the ASA by purchasing merchandise from the ASA Store.

Thanks for supporting the ASA. :D
Glenn Montgomery - KE7BTP
'79 CJ5
http://www.YumaDuners.com - LoBuck's Web Page
DAC ISDRA Sub Group Member - AZ OHV Rep BLM ISDRA DSG webpage

Doc
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post by Doc »

Hello

Yes we have looked at PayPal as an option to process donations via credit cards.

We currently have a merchant account processing firm that allows us to process credit cards. We use this firm as it also lets us process credit cards at events, via the internet and from telephone sales.

As Glenn stated there are many ways to donate to the ASA. If you don’t feel comfortable using the internet to make a donation, via a credit card, you can call our 800 number (888-540-7263) and speak to our part time office assistant, Suzy, and she can process you donation over the phone. She can also process your request for raffle tickets and/or set you up with a monthly credit card deduction if you so chose.

You can also send donations via a check to our PO Box.

ASA
1911 Foothill Blvd.
PMB 108
La Verne, CA 91750

We have to pay for credit card processing one way or the other so we elected to not use PayPal just to keep our accounting a little more under control.

Processing credit cards and trying to account for the receipts from credit cards is one of the most time consuming aspects of the treasures job.

Dick Holliday
ASA Treasurer

FL250Modder
1st Gear Member

Post by FL250Modder »

Ah, I see.. Makes sense... The beauty of paypal is i have mine connected to a bank account because i do not have a credit card and do not wish to have one. So it makes it realy easy to be able to transfer money. Im sure if you added a small fee for using paypal the people who wish to use it wouldnt mind paying that small fee...

But anyways, thanks for the excelent response... im looking at a bussines sponsor package for my website "Od-Mods"
Derek E. "FL250Modder"

Od-Mods Extreme Odyssey Modifacations Founder/Admin

http://www.odmods.webs.com

jhitesma
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jhitesma »

Paypal can be a big risk for a vendor (the ASA in this case) as it only takes one unsubstantiated complaint from a customer and PayPal could freeze the entire account. Since they're not a bank and don't follow FDIC regulations any money in a paypal account is constantly at risk.

When the ASA first started there was a paypal account that was used - I seem to remember there were some issues though with getting the funds from it at times.

Don't get me wrong...paypal is a great convenience for customers - but it comes with more risks than many legitimate businesses are willing to accept, especially when they're already setup to accept payments in many conventional forms that don't include the same level of risk.

Return to “ASA Membership / Volunteer Organization”