SAN DIEGO AREA REPS NEEDED

Issues Related To Volunteers, Membership Organization.

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

DesertDogs
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

SAN DIEGO AREA REPS NEEDED

Post by DesertDogs »

:!: :!: Hey Folks, with the recent retiring of OldTimer and a few others, San Diego is in need of a few good people to be area reps.

Sue (Glamisdavies) got any volunteers you know of?
Duners are the only real Dune-biologists.

'If I had a dollar for every square acre of sensitive land that is now under houses and malls, I'd be richer than Bill Gates, and the President of the Seirra Club'

D.U.N.E.R. Member

SANDMAN
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Re: SAN DIEGO AREA REPS NEEDED

Post by SANDMAN »

DesertDogs wrote::!: :!: Hey Folks, with the recent retiring of OldTimer and a few others,

WHAT? Oldtimer retired? How many is a few others?
Pete De Palma
What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Sue Davies Laird
ASA BOD Meeting Logistics Chairperson

Re: SAN DIEGO AREA REPS NEEDED

Post by Sue Davies Laird »

DesertDogs wrote::!: :!: Hey Folks, with the recent retiring of OldTimer and a few others, San Diego is in need of a few good people to be area reps.

Sue (Glamisdavies) got any volunteers you know of?
Not so far, I'll work on that.. Why has Frankie retired???????? Oh, I forgot.. he's OLD :P :P :P
Sue~

"I used to have a handle on life, but it broke"
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is hopeless” – Admiral Chester W. Nimitz

DesertDogs
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by DesertDogs »

Well..Jason is now a merchandise rep, and is busy with family and job.

I understand that FuzzyKnight is going to make it to the Show..and I know you are Sue. Would like to get together at some point to talk about what we have all been doing, where we are headed, and who we could recruit.

Also several of the area Reps listed are not responding to phone calls or emails...maybe BobT knows whats up with these folks.
Duners are the only real Dune-biologists.

'If I had a dollar for every square acre of sensitive land that is now under houses and malls, I'd be richer than Bill Gates, and the President of the Seirra Club'

D.U.N.E.R. Member

The Oldtimer
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member

Post by The Oldtimer »

Why has Frankie retired???????? Oh, I forgot.. he's OLD!!
I suppose that has SOMETHING to do with it... :)

The fact is that I was never comfortable with the way we have to approach the various businesses. I always felt like a door to door salesman. In my opinion, contacting businesses for sponsorship, especially dealers, should be done by ORBA or another business that is already a sponsor. Peer pressure works. Once that sponsorship is established, the rep then becomes the friendly face that shows up with...the stuff we show up with!!

I also have to face the fact that my best years are behind me. I don't have the drive...my heart just isn't in it any longer. You need someone who has the passion still burning within them.

I am still gonna help where I can. I can still write letters, go to meetings, man a booth, throw a buck or two here or there. I ain't quite dead yet...
Frankie

Member of the ASA

Sue Davies Laird

I hear you Frankie... Sometimes I get kind of burnt out too. I just have to look at FLO and then I get the uplift I need.

I agree with you on approaching businesses too.. I am not into that either, to uncomfortable. I do what I can do.
Sue~

“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is hopeless” – Admiral Chester W. Nimitz

The Oldtimer

Post by The Oldtimer »

Sue, I feel the same way about trying to sign up new members during whatever event we are at. Some people are good at it, some aren't. I'm one of the "aren't". You sometimes have to get in peoples face to get their attention, and that doesn't always work especially for men. My daughters, however were extremely successful at it. Pretty girls can ALWAYS get some guy to stop and listen! :P :P
Frankie

Member of the ASA

Sandemon
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Sandemon »

Frankie, Does this mean now you have to give back the BEER :?: :twisted: 8) :)
The ORIGINAL Sandemon
Member of D.U.N.E.R.
Go Hard or Go HomePick Up Your Trash

The Oldtimer

Post by The Oldtimer »

Beer??? What beer??? :roll: :roll:
Frankie

Member of the ASA

Sue Davies Laird

The Oldtimer wrote:Sue, I feel the same way about trying to sign up new members during whatever event we are at. Some people are good at it, some aren't. I'm one of the "aren't". You sometimes have to get in peoples face to get their attention, and that doesn't always work especially for men. My daughters, however were extremely successful at it. Pretty girls can ALWAYS get some guy to stop and listen! :P :P
Me too Frankie.. That's why I handled the money at the EXPO. I let the others who were good at that kind of stuf do it!

I told myself when I joined, I would never put myself in an uncomfortable spot WHY? I do the things I like and am good at period. So if someone asks me to do something I don't feel good about I say NO, ask someone else.
Sue~

Return to “ASA Membership / Volunteer Organization”