THANK YOU ALL,,,

Issues Related To Volunteers, Membership Organization.

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

SANDUNERS
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

THANK YOU ALL,,,

Post by SANDUNERS »

Yes, Thank You for making this years Sand Sports SUPER Show the success it was!!! At last count we have 48 new ASA Business Supporters to help get the word out!!! SAVE OUR DUNES...

Yes, We know not everything went as planned or how we wanted it,,, were still "learning" how to do this stuff!!! Any suggestions on how this can be improved are welcomed :) Were ALL just VOLUNTEERS doing what we can, when we can,,, 8) If you would like to be on next years committee please contact me, thanks. Sanduners@aol.com

But I do know there are many "feet" out there right now that could use a good soaking... :lol:

Next Show: Off Road Expo. Pomona Oct. 5th & 6th :P
Nothing is achieved without effort --- the fundamental force that brings success...:)

ARE YOU AWAKE YET???
Proud 2005 JRS Award recipient :P

BHenry
Bulletin Board Administrator
Bulletin Board Administrator
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by BHenry »

Jim, you deserve a great big thank you once again for your tireless efforts in supporting the ASA.

Flo, as always, the stalwart of our merchandising operations. But watch your back, Becky is right behind you!

Dwayne, welcome aboard as the Membership coordinator. If there's anything I can help you with, please let me know.

To everyone else who volunteered, thank you! Yes there will be growing pains, and yes mistakes will be made. Please keep in mind that we are 100% volunteers, and no one person has all of the answers. Still, we have made some amazing accomplishments in our short existence, and I look forward to even greater good!

See you all on the dunes!
I'll relinquish my right to ride when you relinquish your right to breathe
Bryan Henry
KG6OQD

Radrat

Post by Radrat »

I would say alot of people have answers and some pretty good ones. But, alas no one is listening..
Chuck Mobley, Dunecologist
VP DUNERS
"The highest priority ought to be human life and the property of citizens."

Ron @ Lazer Star
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member

Post by Ron @ Lazer Star »

I am, and always will...
Ron Scott
Weekend Concepts
ron@lazerstar.net

Help keep the momentum, buy your raffle tickettoday!

GO HALOS!

djw

Post by djw »

I would say alot of people have answers and some pretty good ones.
Email me, membership.. I'm all ears.

djw

Radrat

Post by Radrat »

Oh really, Ron. Tell me what did you think of the Events Director Position that Julie, Jeff, Brad, and myself came up with?
Chuck Mobley, Dunecologist
VP DUNERS
"The highest priority ought to be human life and the property of citizens."

Ron @ Lazer Star

Personally I think it's a great idea... I thought you were doing it?? You plan(ed) on coordinating so if lets say I needed someone to sell tickets at Chapperal next weekend I could call you and you'd go to the list and find me some right? Did I understand what I heard correctly?

Mind you I heard this from others including at least 2 board members, we haven't discussed it, i know. I wanted to take a few and chat last weekend but the opprotunity didn't present itself. I'd be happy to, my number is in my sig. If you want my input that is...
Ron Scott
Weekend Concepts
ron@lazerstar.net

GO HALOS!

Flo Haynes
ASA Merchandise Chair
ASA Merchandise Chair

Post by Flo Haynes »

Thanks to all who showed up that were on the "list" and those who brought others along to help out. It was a great experience and glad it's only once a year!!! :lol: I met alot of new friends and am glad they were able to handle my bossyness! If I was rude sorry!! :cry: :wink: It's a long 3 days but I really do enjoy all the activity....but next year we need a massage chair set up in the booth with "misters". Boy bet we could have that chair busy all weekend.....

THANKS TO ALL.....WE (I) NEEDED EVERYONE OF YOU and APPRECIATE EVERYONE'S HELP.

Flo Haynes
2004 JRS Award Winner

Cricket
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Cricket »

Dont' look at me :lol:

subspecies1
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by subspecies1 »

It was great to meet everyone...

Even poor Jim... I think we should all take up a collection so he can replace his mild steel head plate with a stainless steel one... :lol: :lol: I would have never known had Tim not told me... it's amazing that you can still perform normal activities :shock: :lol:

Seriously I had a great time...

I'm hot on the idea of planning an event in Oregon next summer... I'll post as I create the details... Got to get more people into this, and I think the northwest is ripe for it...
Mickey
ASA Washington State Coordinator
sandspecies@earthlink.net

I'd like to stop but the throttles stuck...............................

The Oldtimer

Post by The Oldtimer »

You're welcome, Jim. One of these days we ought to sit down and talk about a few things. I'll let it go at that.
Frankie

Member of the ASA

DesertDogs
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Yep...need a coordinator

Post by DesertDogs »

Chuck ....and interested others.

The SSSS was awesome, and working alongside everyone was fun!! Usually.

I want to share, even if this gets pulled from the post, several items that need to be addressed before the next event:

1) The volunteers need to be taken care of!! Where were the sodas, the nice cold water, sunscreen, fans, even chairs to take a break? I'll do my part to assist in this, but I was surprised to see that the ASA folks had to fend for themselves.

2) Use a mkister system to keep everyone cool!!!!

3) We do need an Events Coordinator. I would volunteer, but I get to use the excuse that Uncle Sam says I need to be elsewhere at times...like next week.

4) Events Coordinator needs to be empowered to be the one who says what is going to happen. Once the BOD asks the coordinator to set something up, they need to support the EC, and allow the EC to run as theynsee fit. Mind you, that means volunteers will now be taking direction from this person, and BOD members, or other parties can't just step in and start changing things or reassigning people.

5) Times are a'changing; time for new direction and inputs. Folks need to take stock of what they are saying, and to whom. Quite a few people were offended by the way that some people were talking and posturing.

6) Lastly...WHY WAS THE ASA THE ONLY BOOTH THAT DIDN"T GIVE AWAY FREE STICKERS UNTIL VOLUNTEERS TOOK IT UPON THEMSELVES TO DO A LITTLE "PR"?
Duners are the only real Dune-biologists.

'If I had a dollar for every square acre of sensitive land that is now under houses and malls, I'd be richer than Bill Gates, and the President of the Seirra Club'

D.U.N.E.R. Member

Ron @ Lazer Star

We did have an Event Coordinator. Brian Trapp and he did a great job for his first effort. We just need a Volunteer Coordinator. A go to person when some one needs a volunteer for any reason. Bob Mason usually stirrs the pot for events.

GREAT suggestions and a list is already forming to improve not only next year's event but to improve the inbetween events too. I'll be sure they are brought up.

Sorry I didn't get to chat with ya much, wayy too busy!

As far as those who might have been offended by "postures" or attitudes of others, well unfortunately, it happens. See my quote at the bottom of my signature? Well that's how I really felt at first, I finally said "Hey, I'm not doing enough." I opened my mouth and bam here I am, juggling running a business and spending time supporting an orginization that is fighting for what I love to do, which also happens to affect my business.
Ron Scott
Weekend Concepts
ron@lazerstar.net

GO HALOS!

sheck1
1st Gear Member

asa volunteer

Post by sheck1 »

as a volunteer for the asa at the sandsports i would like to comment on things. i think everyone did a great job. could things be done better?always. did we acomplish our goals?i would say yes! i saw people spending lots of money on items everywhere and the first thing that came to mind was, how many of these people write letters and fight for the right to ride? go ahead spend the money but if you have no place to ride it is water down the drain. i had a great time and made some new friends. thank you all.

IF YOU ARE NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

The Oldtimer

Post by The Oldtimer »

Curt, when I got home Saturday I lit up the board due to a post by a first time volunteer concerning their treatment, which ended up with the thread being locked and then deleted. Since you and I, among others, spent a lot of time Saturday discussing the situation, you have said in a much nicer way exactly what needs to happen.
Frankie

Member of the ASA

Flo Haynes
ASA Merchandise Chair
ASA Merchandise Chair

Post by Flo Haynes »

I was specifically asked by the management (Shawn Parker) not to give out any stickers... I informed everyone that this was her request. Also the ASA (at this time) doesn't have the money to give out the "free stickers". In order for those stickers to be purchased I had to tell the BOD that we would receive a donation of $1.00 for 2 stickers.

The supporting membership stickers were shipping out Thursday and I asked Shawn if we could ship them to the SSSS so that we could have them for the show. She said yes and then stated that if we were going to be giving them out for free she would say no. That last year they found stickers all over the place (from different vendors) and they would appreciate it if we would not give them out.

Since the SSSS does so much for the ASA I felt it was only right to abide by her wishes. Did I tell the "key" people this. Yes I did...did the volunteers and some "key" people take it upon theirselves to give them out yes. Do I feel like a fool--yes I do!
2004 JRS Award Winner

Bob Tenwick

Post by Bob Tenwick »

Frankie you're a class act... for an old fart. :lol:

The Oldtimer

Post by The Oldtimer »

Flo, don't beat yourself up over this. This isn't really about stickers. This isn't about you at all. Blame me...I'm the one that said what needed to be said and I accept full responsibility for it.

You should see me when I really get mad ! :evil: :evil:

Thanks, Bob...I think... :oops:
Frankie

Member of the ASA

Sue Davies Laird
ASA BOD Meeting Logistics Chairperson
ASA BOD Meeting Logistics Chairperson

Post by Sue Davies Laird »

Frankie, were you being bad AGAIN! :P :lol: :P :lol:
Sue~

"I used to have a handle on life, but it broke"
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is hopeless” – Admiral Chester W. Nimitz

FLYING TIGER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by FLYING TIGER »

If anyone should apoligize for anything it's me.

My posts were caustic, and for that I do apologise.

Even though we had a legit gripe I could have handeled it better.

I realize that this was a bigger first time task for most, but inspite of what transpired,, it went off very well. Ya all did a professional job.

I've cooled off , and appreciate the kind e mails from you all, and hope to try again in my attempts to support this worthwhile organization, and any member that may need any help in any way.

May I suggest perhaps a calling list when volunteers are selected, let those know if they won't be needed, then a "free agent" list of those who plan to be present at an event and can be called on if a shortage of volunteers happens, or for no shows?

Just a suggestion.

Beyond that,, sorry I got so sore.

Just anxious to do my part to defeat them.

- Ross

jhitesma

Post by jhitesma »

Ross, let me just say wow. It takes a lot of guts to make a post like the one you just did - I've had to do it myself and know how difficult it can be ;)

No things weren't 100% perfect at the SSSS and there is a lot of room for improvement. It's good to see that everyone is starting to calm down and talk politely about their experiences so we can all work TOGETHER to make things go better in the future.

It's the people who complain and then bail out that bug me the most - that dosen't help anyone. It may not be easy to stick it out when you feel like you've been slighted or otherwise wronged - but in the end it really does work out best for everyone when we can get over our personal differences and focus on the goal at hand instead.

A BIG thanks to everyone who offered to help this weekend even if they ended up not being needed or not getting the task they had expected. We may be almost 3 years old but we're still a very young organization and have a lot of learning to do. As long as we all keep that in mind and accept that we are all volunteers and all human and will occasionally make mistakes I have a feeling that we'll all end up learning from those mistakes instead of repeating them.

Ron @ Lazer Star

Ross and Jason... Bravo! So well said, I wouldn't even attempt to add to it. You make me proud to be associated with you.
Ron Scott
Weekend Concepts
ron@lazerstar.net

GO HALOS!

texas duner
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by texas duner »

Wow , I'm impressed all the way to Texas . When i saw what seemed to be going on I was dissapointed , I'm sure glad yall are working it out....
David

The Oldtimer

Post by The Oldtimer »

Glad to see you changed your mind about leaving, Ross. But don't be sorry about the tone in your post. If you beat around the bush, no one will pay any attention to your concerns.

Something positive will come from this. It has already started.
Frankie

Member of the ASA

DesertDogs
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by DesertDogs »

Wow!!!

What a response.

Flo..I hear you and sympthasize with the dilemna you (we) faced....but apparently Shawn didn't stress this well enough to the other vendors. By one of the kids counts, there were over 40 vendors you could get free stickers from. Secondly, that reason didn't make it to all the volunteers, certainly not me, and I was there for several hours am and pm. I do appreciate all that you, and everyone else did.

Ross....kudos to you. I read your orginal post, and agree with what you felt. That is why the Event Coordinator/Volunteer Coordinator position needs to be filled and that person available for those who volunteer.

Ron..you're right, we learn a little bit each time. And each time we git a bit better. There were instances where it seemed no one knew who/what/where was going on with volunteers or what projects/tasks were being done. That feeling is/was shared by many that were there.

All in all, I thought it was great. I wish that ASA members had had a get together for photos and grub like GOTDUNES did..that would have helped bond and make some memorable memories. Hmmmmm..idea for the Off-Road Expo or Poker Run or next years SSSS.
Duners are the only real Dune-biologists.

'If I had a dollar for every square acre of sensitive land that is now under houses and malls, I'd be richer than Bill Gates, and the President of the Seirra Club'

D.U.N.E.R. Member

sandaddicted
Raffle Vice-Chair
Raffle Vice-Chair

Post by sandaddicted »

flying tiger

It may have been me who "ignored you" and I apologize for that. I was concentrating on setting up my side of the ASA booth :? . There were several people coming up to me and asking questions and I had no clue of what to tell them. I was not ignoring people I was trying to get a handle on alot of different things. If there is anyone else that I gave this impresssion to I apologize to them as well. This was the first SSSS that I volunteered for and I jumped in with both feet and did it for the entire 3 days. Next year I will have a better idea of what to expect.

Jarrod Bullard
sandaddicted@san.com

GRANT@FUNCO
ASA President
ASA President

Post by GRANT@FUNCO »

Kudos to the entire ssss team. That means to the folks that started in the planning stages back in July ,right down to the ones that showed up and were mistakenly not used. I only had a chance to blaze thru the show breifly.I can tell you that the ASA had one of the largest efforts of any single entity. Only the largest RV vendors had more. Of which they were a 100% paid staff.Were there some mistakes made of course. Were they intentional of course not.Heck we made mistakes and our booth was 6-10 people mostly family and our nerves were frazzled. Anyway from a guy who's livlihood is dependant on the ASA's abilty to fight the ECONAZI's .A heartfelt" THANK YOU " from the FUNCO family and this ASA board member.
GRANT @ FUNCO

KingGlamis

Post by KingGlamis »

Just an FYI. I had several people tell me that the ASA booth was in a bad location. And several others approached my booth saying they didn't know where the ASA booth was. Perhaps next year the ASA should have two booths, the big one outside, and a small one inside a building? Just a thought, I was surprised at the number of people that said they couldn't find the ASA booth.

Washroad
ASA Chapters Chair • SSSS Chair
ASA Chapters Chair • SSSS Chair

Post by Washroad »

I realize I'm a little late in getting here and apologize for it. I was sick for a couple days and never saw the computer at all.

I would like to thank everyone that helped the ASA at the SSSS, before/during/after. A lot of effort on the part of a lot of people.

If anyone really has to complain about the way things were at the ASA booth this year, give it to me. I am responsible for what happened there. Yes, it was my first time to do it and it was a trial by fire. I was very fortunate that a lot of great people were around me to help, they knew who to ask for what, where to get it, etc. I had no clue whatsoever in the beginning. I will be much wiser next year.

If anyone was offended by their treatment by the ASA booth, I am truly sorry. I tried to speak to as many volunteers as I could (I know I missed many of them and names are just a blur at this point), and visited people manning the gates.

Some things no one but the SSSS committee knows;

I asked for a LOT of free passes. I was turned down. I then asked for up to 65 exhibitor badges which would allow people in/out for the whole weekend and access to the exhibitor lounge. Again, I was turned down. How could I complain? The SSSS was giving us a lot to begin with. I had to narrow my list to about 30 and had to give names for each of them. I know I left some out, added some that could have been left out, etc. I will certainly be on top of this next year.

Next, volunteering for certain positions was not in my control this year and will not be next year; ie: the give-away. So, if someone showed up and wanted to volunteer and were at the Sport Trailer, they were in the wrong place and may not have known where to go, and yep! it was hot and noisy there and we hope to remedy that for next year. As it was, the SSSS assigned the location of the trailer and then took away some of the space we originally planned on, gave us "other" space, etc. A lot of "surprises" hit us at the last minute.

I also asked for discount tickets for the people that would work the ASA booth/man the gates. I was turned down for this also. It seems that I was trying to get in so many people free/discounted that I almost really ticked-off the SSSS. So, as far as volunteering your time next year, you will have to pay your way in.

Flying Tiger/Ross,
Thank you for your post. I, personally, don't want to see anyone leave the ASA because of a misunderstanding/miscommunication. If you show up next year, please ask for me so I can shake your hand.

I would like to add that there were two people that did way more than I did and made the show "work" as well as it did,
Jim Colln and Flo Haynes
couldn't have done it without you two! Thank you very much.
Brian
ex-SSSS Coordinator
aSa Supporting Member and VERY PROUD OF IT!!!
2007 Jerry R. Seaver Award
"Facts don't enter a world dominated by our beliefs." Proust
The whole "point" of life is that there is no "point." There's just life.
"Never miss an opportunity to shut up." Will Rogers

azsandrider

Post by azsandrider »

I personally don't have a problem "paying my own way". My wife and myself drove in from Phoenix, spent two nights in a hotel and paid the entry free. We got our hand stamped and got in on Sunday to work the raffle trailer area. We spent about $400 in trip expenses plus buying $200 in ASA Raffle tickets, $100 in ORBA tickets, and $110+ in ASA merchandise (almost all of my T-shirts are ASA now :P ).

I come to the SSSS for two reasons, to see the show and to volunteer for the ASA. I find both of these experiences to be very enjoyable and worth the expenses. This past show was better then last years show. Each year we learn a better way and do better, but we have to work with the SSSS management, unless the ASA wants to put their own show on (maybe in Phoenix for a fund raiser???).

The promoters of the SSSS are not putting on this show out of good will. They are running a business and they do that to make money. They support the ASA by giving us a lot of free breaks and I am extremely thankful of their support. We should not complain when they are giving so much. I learned that most exhibitors get 3 passes per space and had to pay $8 for each additional pass. I have no problem paying for next years exhibitor's pass for my wife and myself.

I think the SSSS management gave the ASA a LARGE booth area to set up the ASA merchandise trailer at the SAME location as last year. They gave The ASA another LARGE location to set up the raffled off trailer. They allowed us to stuff the bags with ASA information, they gave out numerous exhibitor tags, and I'm sure they gave other perks I'm not aware of. I hope they promoter doesn't read this and say the ASA can pay like everyone else next year.

I don't mind paying the entry fee because it helps keep the sand show in business and I want to go to MANY more annual shows! :D

BUT, we can still discuss how to make next years show better, as long as we remember to be grateful for what we get. :!:
(The above statement is my own opinion and not that of the ASA's.)

T. Wight
Mesa, AZ.
ASA Supporting Member
ASA Volunteer

Is your spouse an ASA member??? Numbers count!!

sandrailprincess
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by sandrailprincess »

I would like to say THANK YOU to everyone that signed up and volunteered we could not have done it without you!!!!! I personally want to thank Brian you did great! and Big John for giving up his camping space and helping out with the VIP program, along with getting Jim's trailer there for us you get a big hug!!

Now to the important issue I am truly sorry if I ignored or snubbed any of you volunteering!!! As I'm writing this its still a blur, we were running on little sleep and being pulled in 20 different directions if it seemed that my head was in the clouds I truly apologize to you personally!! But THANK YOU for sticking it out with us and our growing pains!

Mickey,Larry,Justine thanks for helping with the calendars
A very special thank you goes to Yack your the best!!
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Bill Cosby

AlxCook

Post by AlxCook »

Thank you Jim, Justine, Becky, Flo, Dwayne, Jarod, Bryan, and everyone else that gave time to the booth. If you were there for 15 mintues or the entire show, you are helping the cause. Every little bit counts. My hats off to everyone that volunteers, it isn't always fun, but it needs to be done if we want to continue this fight.
Alex

Member of DUNERs, ASA, CORVA, SDORC, BRC, and the human race

FLYING TIGER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by FLYING TIGER »

The above post are full of the compassion and understanding for each other that has propelled this organization ahead.

Something I've lacked lately.

It has been the pathway to the success that we are about to see in the change of the closeure this season.
The people who guide this organization deserve more credit than can ever be givin to them.
We have no Medal of Honor, no paid time off to give them.

Each post by Vince has been a benchmark post.
Look back and remember they brought us news of milestone events.
Events shaped by the efforts of the people in this organization that had that perserverance, desire and determination to appeal to reason, and see this vital cause through.

Will we remember this when we fire up our rides and head out to what could have been the next tragic Pismo?

Posts by Guy held that clear heads will prevail in the long run.
And a long run it has been.

G Gorman another thick skinned poster, that like water off a ducks back,, held the critics at bay, kept the horizon in view of the reasons that fired up this cause in the first place.

Flo,, well,, what can you say? I've often asked myself could I do her job?, Nope, I could'nt,,, considering all the effort and love that comes from her work. What can you say?? How many of us have that high pinnacle of dedication to anything like Flo's.

I've bumped into a few on the board that no matter what effort is put forth,,, in their mind it just isn't good enough, and all this change isn't the way we used to do it. They want heads on a platter.
They never realize the image and character that these people they attack have givin to the ASA.

And so many others, I admire your " keep your eye on the goal, stick-to-it-ness" that is now re opening, and insuring our right to ride in the best place on the planet.

-Ross

SANDUNERS

Post by SANDUNERS »

When in doubt remember: UNITE, INFORM & MOBILIZE to keep the dunes (all of them) open to ride for OUR CHILDREN.

Ross, I get the second handshake,,, thank you :)

A little story: Uncle Joe Benson the local radio DJ was at the show Sat. Myself, Greg Gorman and my SUPERSTAR daughter Justine went to see him. We gave Uncle Joe a little press package so he would know what the ASA is about. While taking the ASA hat out of the bag and trying it on, the DJ on stage said,
"Hey Uncle Joe, now that's the right hat for you, the AMERICAN SAND ASSOCIATION"
He thanked us and as we walked away, I was never so proud to be part of the ASA... 8)

I would like to thank everyone again for your support, it is your support and your friendships that keep us moving forward.
I see a stake pulling party coming soon,,,, don't you ??? :mrgreen:

Jim
Nothing is achieved without effort --- the fundamental force that brings success...:)

ARE YOU AWAKE YET???

Flo Haynes
ASA Merchandise Chair
ASA Merchandise Chair

Post by Flo Haynes »

Thanks Ross! :oops: I get the first hug (if Kathy doesn't mind)--everyone knows that I am a hugger!! :lol:
2004 JRS Award Winner

Kevin
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Kevin »

just some observations and my opinoin of the show
i beleive the booth is hard to find, i mean its back there behind the satge were you could walk right past it and not even notice. perhaps some smaller booths in the buildings or like were the blm was would be better. I understand that there were still a lot of trailer tickets not sold, the only place at the show i saw you could buy them was at the trailer, nothing really wrong with that, but its out of the way for most people. How many people went there to look at weekend warriors? i know i didnt, i walked right thru them and didnt stop, perhaps having multiple booths selling them to get more sales. Unfortunately most people are lazy when it comes to some things, if your not in their path of travel they wont come to you.
At the glamisdunes booth we had some nice picturesd up in the booth. there was a photo of some of the wildlife in the dunes, the infamous milkvetch and some toys in the dunes. we got alot of questions asked about the photo of the milkvetch such as whats that?, and is that the weed?. we also had a quad that was really clean and tricked out, that got peoples attention, then they would come in to the booth and check out the stuff. Just like king glamis said, we got a lot of wheres the asa booth?, or the what?. you need to grab their attention so you CAN inform them, and sign them up. otherwise they just keep walkin by.

i hope you can see where i was tryin to go with this, not bashing the asa or anything, i support them, but there is a need for improvement. like i said, just my opinoin, take it for what its worht, i believe the saying is 2 cents.
kevin

Kevin
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Kevin »

also jim, grant has the bubble wrap and the applications. i took 5 rolls(if i remember right) over, they are 4 feet in diameter, should last you a while.
Kevin

"I Love the Smell of Race Gas in the Morning"

azsandrider

Post by azsandrider »

Kevin,

I appreciate your comments but have a question. Did Glamisdunes pay for that spot or was it donated?

I know the ASA is given it's location by the promoter. When you get something for free, you accept what you get unless you want to pay to change it. The ASA trailer location was at the same place as last year and covers a lot of space. It would take several booth size areas in the buildings for the same space. I know the promoter sells those spaces for a good price.

Maybe we can work towards getting a more prominent place for the ASA or an inside booth too. We can ask.

I don't understand why anyone would come to a show like this and not look at everything. Maybe I look everywhere because it took me over 6 hours to drive there and I want to get my money's worth. :lol:

By the way, the Glamis Dunes booth looked good! 8)

T. Wight
Mesa, AZ.
ASA Supporting Member
ASA Volunteer

SANDUNERS

Post by SANDUNERS »

Thanks Kevin, :D Now I have more work to do.... :wink:

Yes, I know next years show will be WAY better. Were starting the planning stages right now!!! If anyone would like to be on the SSSS committee for the 2003 show, let Brian (washroad) know.

I went by the Glamis Dunes.com booth and saw DUNE's quad, sweet 8) and talked with Brian (VOR) for a bit, wish I had seen more of the show this year :( but thank yous to Becky for kicking me out of the ASA trailer for the 1 1/2 hours on Sunday afternoon, to spend some time with my youngest daughter Christy, we had fun... :D Only made it to 3 buildings but what a show.... Did anyone else buy one of those JUMBO hot dogs??? She ate the whole thing!!!! LOL

I was told the show set a new record on attendance this year. Over 10,000 more duners made it out.... :D

ARE YOU AWAKE YET???

azsandrider

Post by azsandrider »

Jim,

I'll help with the SSSS next year! Don't know what I can do from AZ but I hope to plan to come in on Thurs evening next year.

I'm thinking of handling volunteer refreshments and maybe a Saturday night volunteer appreciation Bar-b-cue. Hopefully I'll get some help and maybe a business to sponser the food/drinks.

T. Wight
Mesa, AZ.
ASA Supporting Member
ASA Volunteer

Kevin
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Kevin »

i agree if someone is offering somthing for free, take it. i still think there is a need for improvment.
heck i was there all three days and there was still stuff i missed.
Kevin

"I Love the Smell of Race Gas in the Morning"

Return to “ASA Membership / Volunteer Organization”