Atv rentals

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

airlynen
1st Gear Member
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Atv rentals

Post by airlynen »

I am an avid duner since 1985 at the Imperial sand dunes, and I reside in Mesa AZ. The better half and I are returning to Grand Blanc in July and my curiosity of the silver lake dunes is getting the better of me. I dont care what I can rent but I have to spend a day playing out there. I would appreciate any input on rentals and/or the best way to insure I am able to get on the dunes and play. I realize they cant compare in size or range but I LOVE sand and I need to see it. :D

Smiley
1st Gear Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Smiley »

There are a couple places renting little single seat buggies at Silver Lake now. Sandy Korners rents Jeeps for an hour, kinda pricey and you have to follow the leader (they were up for sale last year so I do not know if they are in business this year).

The dune area opens April 1st. :D

airlynen
1st Gear Member
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by airlynen »

thanx smiley. are the buggy rentals easy to find, and can they set me up with any day passes/permits to get on the sand? thank you airlynen

Gottaride
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Gottaride »

The buggies you rent are little one or two seaters that are powered by a 20 hp industrial Honda engine. No paddles, not much power but get around most of the dunes. They are nothing like you see at Glamis (or anywhere else as far as that goes, hehe).

If you have a SUV or 4-wheel and lower your tires, you can go anywhere you want at Silver Lake. If you have experience at Glamis you won't have any problems.

Weekdays you can get in without any problems, weekends you have to have a voucher (pass). Let us know when you are planning to be at the dunes. Maybe we can meet up.

Return to “Silver Lake Dunes”