silver lake info needed

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

jomeiner
1st Gear Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

silver lake info needed

Post by jomeiner »

my family currently lives in arizona and have gone to the imperial dunes in california for 20+ years. We are now relocating to Georgia and are despirately looking for Sand Dunes within a reasonable drive. We have heard of the Silver Lake Dunes...can anyone give me info on what it's like there to ride Quads and how you camp there? I believe these would be the closest dunes to ride. thanks.

Gottaride
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Gottaride »

SL is 460 acres of dunes and have very strict rules. You must buy a state park sticker for every quad plus the vehicle you drive. This is just to get in the parking lot and any state campground. You must have an ORV pass for anything you are going to take off road. You can either buy day passes or season stickers. Vouchers are required for Sat and Sun.

You must have a 10' rectangle orange flag. They sound test as you go into the dunes. I believe it is 94 db and you MUST have a spark arrestor. They check all coolers if you carry one. Helmets and eye protection are required.

You must leave the parking lot each evening, the state campground is about a mile away. There are many private campgrounds and motels in the area.

It's a small area but it is all we have. Hope this helps a little.

bbchevelle
1st Gear Member

silver lake

Post by bbchevelle »

we have been going to silver lake dunes for 40 odd years and have seen many many changes but if you follow the rules you will have a blast if you go on a weekend you will need to get a voucher from the voucher center the night before if you are going to need to park if you are going just duning and dont need to park you can get a dune ready pass for the weekend they are time stamped and you can get them starting friday for the weekend holiday weekends are busy and the parking lot vouchers go fast good luck have fun
come on gramps lets hit the dunes

jomeiner
1st Gear Member

Silver Lake Info needed

Post by jomeiner »

Thanks for the replies about Silver Lake but have a couple more questions. We have a toy hauler, so if we camped at the state campground, how would we get our quads into the park? If we came from Georgia, we would probably make it a week long trip or so. Also, is there a website where I can get the info on all the fees we would need to pay? Wearing riding gear is never a problem, we always where it anyhow. And in Glamis we need flags also. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

bbchevelle
1st Gear Member

transporting

Post by bbchevelle »

well to be honest with you a ton of people pull quads from some of the campgrounds to the dunes with a strap on the back some load them in the toyhauler andd take them over to the parking lot so they have the toy hauler to use to take a break here are the fees each atv needs a state park sticker and a orv sticker i dont what the cost is for non resadents also the truck will need a state park sticker to get in too but if it dosent go in the dunes it wont need a orv sticker for resedents the state park stickers are 25.00 per atv and truck and 16.25 per atv and truck for the orv stickers and they are good all year the first trip is a drag with 7 state park stickers and 6 orv stickers but after that its just our gas to get there be sure to look at the map of the dunes so you know when you are in a directional area and you will be in good shape during the week the there are far less people there and the dunes are somewhat smooth weekends are busyer and require a voucher from the voucher center you get the one for saturday on friday evening they are free but require you to wait in line to get them the center opens at 9 pm but people sometimes start lining up to get them as early as 6 we just park a car in line then go back later and jump in it if you need more just let me know
come on gramps lets hit the dunes

MT Buggies
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by MT Buggies »

Anyone going to be there around the time frame of the 22nd of July to the 29th?

Don't have a specific date yet, but plan to go inbetween those dates listed above. Give me a shout if so, maybe we can link up!

-Shaun
MCS Motorsports, LLC
http://www.mtbuggies.com
(505) 373-0531
# 1 In Customer Satisfaction
Work hard, Play Harder...

Gottaride
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Gottaride »

We will there from the 25th to the 29th. Let us know when you will be there.

TLB
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by TLB »

Where is everyone :roll:
Mirage 2 seat, 2.8 multiport fuel injected V6 Chevy

aSa Supporting Member 8)

Return to “Silver Lake Dunes”