Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

MT Buggies
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Let's Get the 2007 Season Started!

Post by MT Buggies »

Hello all,

Trying to spark some light in this forum! It's been a while since I posted here or even on the board for that matter - it's just been hectic and crazy - but I love it.

Once spring starts rolling around, the burn for buggy'ing just seems like a natural occurance - I can almost set my watch by it. =) We travel to Michigan (where I grew up) every summer for 2 or so weeks to do (2) things. The first thing is to, of course, see family and friends and the second thing is to buggy with family and friends.

The last 2 years have been busy when in Michigan. The 2005 season brought on wedding planning (for 2006). We searched high and low - even considered Silver Lake for the wedding. We did find time to hit the dunes once in my father's Zebra manx, as our buggy was out of commission (again). We finally decided to wed in Traverse City - finalized plans and awaited the 2006 season.

The 2006 season was mostly spent getting married (ha ha), but I married an awesome girl - so we honeymooned in a few places. One of those places, was of course, Silver Lake. We rented a cabin on the lake for a few days and enjoyed some boating and some great duning.

The 2007 season I am very excited about. We've got a new company rail (SSVI) setup to tear the dunes a new one. We plan to hit the sand drags in Albright Shores in August, then head over to Silver Lake for a few days after. If anyone plans on being there around that time - let us know!

-Shaun
MCS Motorsports, LLC
http://www.mtbuggies.com
(505) 373-0531
# 1 In Customer Satisfaction
Work hard, Play Harder...

crash
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member

Post by crash »

Cool post. You obviously have "the addiction". I'm sure there's a 12 step program for it, but WHY BOTHER? :lol:

Let's just keep duning!!! :lol: :lol:

MT Buggies
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by MT Buggies »

crash wrote:Cool post. You obviously have "the addiction". I'm sure there's a 12 step program for it, but WHY BOTHER? :lol:

Let's just keep duning!!! :lol: :lol:
LOL.

You're right, why bother?! :) By the time the 12 steps were up - spring would hit again - and the cycle would continue!

-Shaun
MCS Motorsports, LLC
(505) 373-0531

Woodglue
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Re: Let's Get the 2007 Season Started!

Post by Woodglue »

MT Buggies wrote:Trying to spark some light in this forum! It's been a while since I posted here ...
Welcome [back] to the board Shaun! May your light shine bright in the Silver Lake Dunes forum. :wink:
My Avatar is BLM's DRAMP Proposed OHV Access under Alt #3.
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

MT Buggies
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by MT Buggies »

Woodglue wrote:
MT Buggies wrote:Trying to spark some light in this forum! It's been a while since I posted here ...
Welcome [back] to the board Shaun! May your light shine bright in the Silver Lake Dunes forum. :wink:
Thanks - its' good to be back. I always poke my head in every once and a while to see what's new. Now, I have a few projects here soon that will really spark some interest!

-Shaun
MCS Motorsports, LLC
(505) 373-0531

Woodglue
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by Woodglue »

MT Buggies wrote:I have a few projects here soon that will really spark some interest!
We look forward to it Shaun. :wink:
My Avatar is BLM's DRAMP Proposed OHV Access under Alt #3.
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

MT Buggies
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by MT Buggies »

Well... I got the 2007 season started already..... :)

Runs great and fast. It would be faster if I could hook up! I'am shipping to Michigan here in early July so we can play @ Silver Lake.

http://mtbuggies.com/store/MT-Images/Mc ... %20073.mpg

Not Silver Lake, but figured it would get the race gas flowing. Does everyone have their passes for the weekend? Any new regs? Laws?

-Shaun
MCS Motorsports, LLC
(505) 373-0531

Gottaride
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Gottaride »

We haven't been to the dunes yet this year so I'm not sure if there are any reg. changes. Haven't heard of any from people that have been there.

Have fun and post when you are going. Looks like we will only be making one trip (mainly to get our stickers) and save our gas money for our trip out West.

MT Buggies
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by MT Buggies »

Gottaride wrote:We haven't been to the dunes yet this year so I'm not sure if there are any reg. changes. Haven't heard of any from people that have been there.

Have fun and post when you are going. Looks like we will only be making one trip (mainly to get our stickers) and save our gas money for our trip out West.
Where out west?

I'll be sure to keep everyone posted on when we plan on being there.

-Shaun
MCS Motorsports, LLC
(505) 373-0531

Gottaride
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Gottaride »

We played semi-snow birds for 3 months. Went out Jan and bounced between Glamis - Quartzsite/Brenda - Dumont. Went on a side trip to Mesa area also. Had a great time and are already planning for next "snow season", lol.

Return to “Silver Lake Dunes”