Michigan buggy builders show

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

KingGlamis
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Michigan buggy builders show

Post by KingGlamis »

Anyone going to the buggy show in Lansing on March 24th? I'll be there working the Sand Sports and Hot VWs booth. Stop by and say hi.
Doug

MT Buggies
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by MT Buggies »

Oh ya! Doug I won't be there, but my dad and brother will. I'll tell em to stop by and say HI! Its a great time, how many years have you been going?

Work hard, Play Harder...

MT Buggies
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by MT Buggies »

Sorry Doug, but Iam a little slow, you are an editor for Sand Sports and Hot VW's right??? Or am I confused?

SANDUNERS

Post by SANDUNERS »

Yes, Doug is the editor of Sand Sports, and a fine one at that...

Doug, how about signing some fine Mich. folks up to the ASA?
You know,,, the AMERICAN Sand Association.

ARE YOU AWAKE YET????

blocker
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by blocker »

King Glamis, I will be at the Lansing show. Its a long trip for me, maybe a mile or two, I live in Lansing. I will try to look you up. Also, I post under Trail Rider in the desertusa forum, so I have been reading your post against old blujerk.

Gary

KingGlamis

Post by KingGlamis »

Shaun, yes, I work for Sand Sports and Hot VWs. My boss Michael has been going to the show for a long time, but I've only been the last two years. How come you can't make it?

Gary, what's a good steak house in Lansing that I can wear jeans and a T-shirt into? We found a couple of good places last year (don't remember the names). I was just wondering if you knew of a cool place with great steaks?
See ya there,
Doug

Heaven is being sideways in a bowl wide open in fourth gear!

blocker
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by blocker »

Doug, the knight Cap, across the street from the Lansing Center had great steaks the last time we ate there. Bonnies Place, about 2 very long blocks north of the Lansing Center has good hamburgers. We have an Out Back, about 5 miles west on Saginaw. The last time we ate there, it was just ok. Mountain Jacks on west saginaw also has steaks, however, last summer, we were not that impressed. You have to remember that Lansing is a auto town. (read, pizza and beer) (and fast food) We really don't have, what you would call, gourmet (sp?) dinning here. If I had to choose one, I would go with the Knight Cap. You can go just about anywhere in Lansing in jeans and a "t" shirt. Well, jeans anyway, you may want to change out of the "t" shirt. And, the knight Cap is very small, like maybe 10 tables. It gets very busy there at dinner time. Hope this helps a little

Gary

If you can give me the names of the places you ate at last time you were here, it would help.

KingGlamis

Post by KingGlamis »

OK Gary, I figured it out. Last year we ate at the Ponderosa Steakhouse on S. Cedar by the 96, near the corner of E. Edgewood. That was a pretty good place but I'd like to try something new.
Doug

blocker
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by blocker »

Doug, the Knight Cap, is a bit more pricy than Ponderosa. (read, a lot more) In fact, all the places I told you about are more money than the Ponderosa. But, what to heck, you are on an expense account, right? BTW, when are you flying in?

Gary

KingGlamis

Post by KingGlamis »

Gary, you're right, it's on the company expense. Mike, who's going with me, says we also ate at the Texas Roadhouse last year. I forgot about that one. We're flying in Friday and staying at the big hotel right next to the Lansing Center (Marriot, I think).
Doug

MT Buggies
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by MT Buggies »

Gary, Iam in Korea right now, I'll be home in July. This is the first year I will be missing it in 3yrs. Dang it! Have fun!

KingGlamis

Post by KingGlamis »

Gary, it was great talking with you at the show. That was a great event. Hey, next time you guys take a run at Moab in your buggies, give me a shout, I'd like to tag along.
Doug

Edited by - KingGlamis on 03/25/2002 3:50:04 PM

blocker
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by blocker »

Doug, it was nice to meet you at the show. I don't think we will be going to Moab until next year. However, I will keep you in mind and when we decide to go, I will give you plenty of notice. We would be more than happy to have you tag along. You will need a street legal vehicle. 4x4 or buggy. Most of the trails require some road driving to get to the trails. I am not sure if you hit my web page, but there are photos of what kind of riding there is in the Moab area.
I think that Moab/Canyon country has some of the most scenic and challenging trails in the U.S. You would have a ball with your camera.

Talk to you later

Gary

SANDUNERS

Post by SANDUNERS »

Next years show is Feb. 23rd. The ASA is thinking about getting a booth. If we do,,, who can I say with for the weekend??? :wink:
Nothing is achieved without effort --- the fundamental force that brings success...:)

ARE YOU AWAKE YET???
Proud 2005 JRS Award recipient :P

SANDUNERS

Post by SANDUNERS »

The ASA does have a booth at this show. We hope to have the booth next to the KING (Doug) so the volunteers that work the show will get freebies... :wink: RIGHT KING???

If your attending this one day show and can help for even a half hour,,, please let us know... thanks 8)

volunteers@americansandassociation.org
Nothing is achieved without effort --- the fundamental force that brings success...:)

ARE YOU AWAKE YET???
Proud 2005 JRS Award recipient :P

djw
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member

Post by djw »

Actually the booth will be right next to Jim Bramham's (member of the ASA's board on directors) All though he has offered to help, he will be doing his own enterprise. So if you have some time please let me know. Also included with our booth is two exhibiter passes, if you would like to help with the set up and tear down you can get in free. :D

Basically we're looking for people to hand out our newsletters and sign up new members. We have a small quanitiy of hats and stickers for sale as well as some quad give away tickets.
djw
W8AME

Return to “Silver Lake Dunes”