Silver Lake Ready for So. California Big Kid????

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

GLAMISBORN
1st Gear Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Silver Lake Ready for So. California Big Kid????

Post by GLAMISBORN »

:D Wondering if any one here Rides Dirtbikes @ SilverLake??? Or if anyone here ever sees 2-wheelers in the dunes hitting big jumps???

I currently live in San Diego, CA and have been going to Glamis San Dunes since I was a kid. I love it !!!

My Wife is from Northwest Ohio and we often visit in the summer time. Thinking about taking the trip next summer.

Any input would be greatly Appreciated !!!!

Thanks,
Southern California Big Kid

Gottaride
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Gottaride »

You must have a 10' flag with a square orange flag. David Allen Racing (Duneland) has flags and the bracket you will need. It bolts to your rear tire axle bolt. Your bike must have a spark arrester and pass a noise test. It is 95 dbl and they do check at the entry gate (97 dbl was allowed last year). You must have stickers that are available at the park. No alcohol is allowed in the dunes or in the parking lot, they do check coolers. It's only 450 acres but that's all we have in this area. Post when you will be going and maybe we can meet up.

Smiley
1st Gear Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Smiley »

To answer your other questions - there are plenty of dirt bikes on the dunes, many run rear paddles. If you are used to Glamis you should realize that Silver Lake is more like Pismo Dunes. The rolling dunes have few bowls and are much shorter in height. The dunes have a one-way area where the taller dune ridges are located because it is pretty crowded at times and they try to keep things safe. Get there early (6am) on busy holiday weekends and you can get a parking lot pass to leave your tow vehicle in the lot. On early and late summer weekends this is not such a problem as the lot is not full.

Return to “Silver Lake Dunes”