Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

BHenry
Bulletin Board Administrator
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

How to Post a Pic Version 2

Post by BHenry »

With the new Bulletin Board software, the procedure for posting a picture has changed. There are two different options, depending on where the picture is located.

The first option is if the picture you wish to post is located in our Gallery, which has also been updated. There are two different methods to tell the BBS software where the picture is.

METHOD #1
Browse to the picture in the Gallery you wish to post. On the left hand side, there is a link that says “Get Item URLs”.

Clicking the link will take you to this page. Here you have the option of linking to the page (which will not post the image), putting the image itself in (which is what I have done in this post), or putting a clickable thumbnail in (which will take you to the actual image page in the Gallery). Be sure to use the BBCode Formatted Links, and not the HTML Formatted Links.

Select all of the text for either the image or the thumbnail (the text string is longer than the box, so drag until you see the [/img] or [/url] tag), copy the text (usually CTRL-C for PC or Command-C for Mac)

Paste the text into the message window, and your picture should show up once you click Submit. You can also Preview your post to make sure it looks the way you want it to.

METHOD #2
From the post page, select the “g2Img” button. This should take you directly to your User Gallery.

Here you have several options. This window defaults to showing your pictures alphabetically by title. To match the sort order of your Gallery, change the Sorted by drop box to Origination Time (Oldest First). You also have several insertion options. In most cases we recommend using thumbnail with link to image, which is the default choice. To select your picture(s), click the check box in the upper left corner of the image you wish to use. Once you have made your choices, click on the insert button. Your picture(s) will be placed in your post wherever the cursor is located.

The inserted text will look like this:

Last edited by BHenry on Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Change from Normal to Sticky
I'll relinquish my right to ride when you relinquish your right to breathe
Bryan Henry
KG6OQD

BHenry
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Re: How to Post a Pic Version 2

Post by BHenry »

The second option is if your picture has not been uploaded to our Gallery. In this case, you can upload a picture directly from your computer into your post. In the Upload attachment section, click on the “Browse” button. This will open a box to allow you to find the picture on your computer. Once you have selected the picture, click OK or OPEN to close the box. There should be path text in the Filename box. Click on “Add the file” to upload it to our server, a progress box will open until the upload is complete.

There will now be a Posted attachments section below the Upload section. If you wish to add more pictures, simply follow the upload instructions again for each picture.

Once you have all the pictures uploaded, you can place the cursor wherever you would like the picture to appear in your post, then click the “Place inline” button

I'll relinquish my right to ride when you relinquish your right to breathe
Bryan Henry
KG6OQD

Return to “Bulletin Board Rules, Regulations, and FAQ”