Kermit Clean up

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

rpickens
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Kermit Clean up

Post by rpickens »

I am currently working on a date to have a Kermit Clean up. I think it will be sometime in February. Looking for volunteers to help with this. All help is welcome. I will keep everyone posted about a date and prizes.
Thanks
Rolland

LoBuck
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by LoBuck »

Welcome to the BBS Rolland. I hope you have a great turn out for the clean up!
Glenn Montgomery - KE7BTP
'79 CJ5
http://www.YumaDuners.com - LoBuck's Web Page
DAC ISDRA Sub Group Member - AZ OHV Rep BLM ISDRA DSG webpage

TEXWS6
1st Gear Member

Post by TEXWS6 »

i would be up for it...we need to get more people in the west texas area over to this site...

Kelly
2000 WS6
87 4x4 Chevy SWB
2001 Shee
1997 Shee (my baby)

rpickens
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Kermit clean up

Post by rpickens »

I am thinking about the Saturday after Presidents weekend. Presidents weekend I am sure will bring allot of people there and allot of trash and will give me time to get organized.
Rolland
Rolland Pickens
Supporting member Arlington, TX
Please help me run a marathon by donating to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
http://www.active.com/donate/tntntx/tntntxRPicken

OBSESSED
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member

Re: Kermit clean up

Post by OBSESSED »

rpickens wrote:I am thinking about the Saturday after Presidents weekend. Presidents weekend I am sure will bring allot of people there and allot of trash and will give me time to get organized.
Rolland
Great :idea: Idea Rolland :!:

Contact all the OFF Road parts houses and suppliers in the area.
See who will help.
Motorcycle shops/OHV shops.

Ask Greg Gorman to help you with a Press release>

Get it out to all the areas 'Comunity BB'; maybe get some [free] radio air time.

Contact the local Chamber and tell them of your plan.

You have to start some where, even if Just ten people show up, it will be a suscess!

Good Luck,

If anyone here can help, let us know!

Steve

rpickens
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by rpickens »

I am going to be at Kermit sand hills from 10/15 to 10/17. I am going to ask people there if they would be interested in a clean up. Hopefully I will get allot of good feed back. So if any of you people reading this will be there stop by and say hi, and and also if you have any idea's. I have a blue 1998 f-150 and a blue buggy. My trailer is a utility trailer and I will be camping in a tent.
Thanks
Rolland Pickens
Supporting member Arlington, TX
Please help me run a marathon by donating to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
http://www.active.com/donate/tntntx/tntntxRPicken

TXduneripper
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

clean up

Post by TXduneripper »

ok- you are making me break my silence on this board :shock:

I would be more than happy to help you with the organization, donations in our area etc...but on my attempt at getting the people of Kermit to help out with their own area....I received NO responses....I faxed flyers over to local business', contacted the sheriff's dept and the chamber...never heard anything from anyone.

I have heard that people are saying commercials are showing in Kermit, saying if the trash doesn't get picked up...they will close the area. Which is amazing to me...the way I see it..the dunes are the only revenue that town has.

Someone had a cleanup over this last weekend, I was not able to make it. Saw a duner on Sun, he said several people helped, they picked up some trash. THe others that they asked to help, just got on their vehicle of choice and took off into the dunes, these are the people we are picking up after!

Until they start enforcing the laws....its a relentless pursuit..IMO! We could pick up trash all day long after people, I mean if there is no one there to enforce the laws and make people responsible...most people will just continue to let others pick up after them, that is VERY apparent.

Bottom line...we need a group of duners to stand up for a common cause. We need to let Kermit know that there are people that care...we do NOT want the dunes closed and we will be more than willing to do whatever it is that would make it easier for the law to do their job. But we should not be responsible for continuously picking up after others. Its a learned trait...I teach my children not to litter....but how do you convince adults of that? By the cops driving up, getting out of their vehicles and issuing tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OY- I should've just said I'd be there :lol:

Thanks Roland for your willingness to do for the dunes, let me know if I can help you in any way. Hopefully we will see you out there the weekend of the 16th- even if its just for a day....soccer mom's gotta watch her boy play soccer~

Return to “Kermit Dunes”