All Texas members

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

rpickens
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

All Texas members

Post by rpickens »

All Texas members let's have a get together at Kermit some weekend. We can have a pot luck dinner or something like that. If not a pot luck lets just go for a ride or even an imprompt to clean up. If we could make it a yearly thing that would be great.
Rolland Pickens
Supporting member Arlington, TX
Please help me run a marathon by donating to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
http://www.active.com/donate/tntntx/tntntxRPicken

westexgt
1st Gear Member

Post by westexgt »

Don't know what happened to all the Texas members??? Anyways I will be at Kermit Thanksgiving weekend, and would love to have a get together any other weekend. Also there has been rumor that Kermit sandhills have been sold??? They are supposed to turn it into a private riding area, don't know if it is rumor or truth????

Kevin
2001 Banshee
1989 Banshee
CRF 50

rpickens
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by rpickens »

I went to Kermit last year and the rumor then was it was going to close becuse of the trash. I know it is a county park so maybe someone bought it off the county.
I might be down there the first weekend in Dec if things work out. Does it get packed Thanksgiving weekend?
Rolland
Rolland Pickens

westexgt
1st Gear Member

Post by westexgt »

Thanksgiving is very packed!!! If you are ever out there and see a young couple with a Carson titan toyhauler, 2 banshee's, 400ex, that is me and the wife, just stop by and say hi.

Kevin
2001 Banshee
1989 Banshee
CRF 50

rpickens
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by rpickens »

I will be out the first weekend in Dec. I drive a 2005 expedition and have a blue standerd travel 2 seat buggy and a 200X 3 wheeler and haul it all on a utility trailer with a ramp gate. I will be camping in my Expediton. If you see me stop by as well.
Rolland :D
Rolland Pickens

Dune Dragin
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Giving

Post by Dune Dragin »

Packed on Thanksgiving??
We had 5 Rigs there (camp) by Thanksgiving Day.
Of Course we had to start early (weekend before) and stay 10 days.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Last edited by Dune Dragin on Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Have Fun, Be Safe

Dune Dragin
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by Dune Dragin »

westexgt wrote:Don't know what happened to all the Texas members???

Some of the "Texas Members" are around.
Might be hangin in Camp @ the Sandhills or out shreading some Sand.
:lol:
If you made it T-Giving...you might have noticed the Candy Red trailer with the line of vintage 2-stroke Suzukis.
8)
shhhhush...don't tell any one we are STILL here.
Last edited by Dune Dragin on Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have Fun, Be Safe

Dune Dragin
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by Dune Dragin »

Have some new landholders
Last edited by Dune Dragin on Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Have Fun, Be Safe

Dune Dragin
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by Dune Dragin »

Now hear the county park is not up for sale.
Last edited by Dune Dragin on Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have Fun, Be Safe

TXduneripper
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Dunes

Post by TXduneripper »

I'm here :D but I don't know what to think about this sell thing- you get conflicting information- the news story is a joke in my opinion, they aren't really saying anything worth knowing. Seems like the people that have already bought the surrounding land and apparently have made it into a business/organization would have a website to explain things a little better (or maybe they haven't had a chance to do that yet)...the guy they interviewed says in the beginning all the $ will go back into the park- which is fine...free is nice but having hookups would be great- esp with the price of gas. I don't give a hoot about having a concession stand or bathrooms (people would just go in and trash that out too). We're like Dune Dragin...we are fully contained, bring what we need,don't leave until we're heading home and take it all back with us. And we've parked next to you guys in the past, Dune Dragin, sorry I didn't come be sociable...next time I will :)

I've certainly noticed that since the park is becoming more popular there isn't room for daytimers/locals to go out and trash up the place and spray paint stuff all over the picnic areas-- it is much cleaner than it ever has been and the only people to thank for that are the weekend campers, who set up camp, clean up when they get there and clean up before they leave. In the 5 yrs we've been going Winkler Co has never done anything to improve or even keep it from declining...and don't imagine they ever will...I can't see their thought process on that. All that is needed is a little common sense out there- and like everywhere else- people now a days just don't get it.....they gotta have someone else tell them what they should be doing and how they should be doing it.

It should be fine- we all should be positive about it and hope that everything will be done for the best. Thank goodness the people trying to buy it seem genuinely concerned about keeping it open and in good condition...so long as its not a per person/per day fee- I'll be ok with it.

Dune Dragin
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by Dune Dragin »

There you are RIPPER!
Shame you did not say hi! Maybe someday face2face.

It is going to change...Hope for the better!
Last edited by Dune Dragin on Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have Fun, Be Safe

Dune Dragin
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by Dune Dragin »

Ripper...
Does not take long in the RV to forget the days of hangin it out over a hill HUH!
Forgotten...TXDuneDripper...air dry that puppy...cowboy up gal!
:lol:
Have Fun, Be Safe

Dune Dragin
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

YOU HAVE TO READ THIS POST!!

Post by Dune Dragin »

The changes are taking place
Last edited by Dune Dragin on Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Have Fun, Be Safe

wild sub 33
1st Gear Member

Post by wild sub 33 »

hey wuz up guys just found out there was a Kermit Sanhills forum and this my first post.i dont who excactly is who just yet.i am the guy who rides the red sand rail with the 3.3 H-6 Suburu engine.just thought i'd check in see what is going on out there.have'nt been there in some time now,well since July sometime i think.dont know anyone else with a rail since Albert's stainless rail broke and was down for almost three months.once in a while i ride with Cecil and Jimmy but have not seen them since last year.WOW time flyes!!

Joe

Return to “Kermit Dunes”