Kermit Tx. Dunes

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

TXduneripper
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by TXduneripper »

Good lord, work, work, work~ that's all life seems to be about. It has been way to long since we have been out. The whole family is looking forward to this weekend. I just hope its not going to be hotter than Haiti, probably a snowflakes chance in hell of that. Even better a snowflakes chance in TX!!! You guys have a safe trip to AZ and have a great time. We'll catch up another time.

If you throw your trash at the dunes, YOU are the trash at the dunes.

SANDUNERS
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member

Post by SANDUNERS »

Does anybody know WHO manages the Kermit Dunes? BLM, State, USFS ???

Please post that info. here,,, thanks
http://209.164.8.75/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID= ... +Open+Sand

tltkct
1st Gear Member

Post by tltkct »

The Kermit Sandhills are really not managed by anyone. It is a county owned park (Winkler County),trash is hauled by the county as long as it's put in dumpsters, what maintanence is done is done by county employees (very little or not at all) . It's a primitive camp area with 4 picinic tables, no bathrooms ,or hookups or running water. And it's free to be out there you just have to show up and play.

Edited by - tltkct on 08/27/2002 3:51:38 PM

Edited by - tltkct on 08/27/2002 5:02:31 PM

Dune Dragin
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by Dune Dragin »

Thats the way we LIKE IT. uh huh.
The best things in life are free.
These are the Simple Pleasures.
Badges??...We don't need no stinkin' badges.
Keep the oil companies and the ranchers happy, NO bleeding heart enviromentalist or politicians .

Yes, oh yes. The beauty of it, just a simple county park!

Dune Dragin
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by Dune Dragin »

Hope your having fun at the Sandhills this labor day holiday! Geezz, we're at home. But, somebody had to mind the home fires.
I want all the details...DID YOU HAVE FUN OR WHAT!

TXduneripper
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by TXduneripper »

Of course we had a good time. It was the maiden voyage for our new buggy. And we love it. A few things to work on but everything has projects. It was quite an un-eventful weekend with the exception of a lady getting seperated from her party on Sunday night. The Sheriff was called and they organized a search party. But once the riders were ready to start the search she came out onto the road.

There wasn't as many campers as I expected. The majority of the traffic was from people parked along side the road riding and drinking. These people have no regards for a thing. They drive 90 to nothing right along side the camps and leave all of their trash on the side of the road, for others to run over or pick up, whichever comes first. Several deputies came out for the lost girl. Could they not see the piles of beer bottles laying around each and every vehicle that was out there?? It absolutely boggles my mind that they do NOTHING!!! All of the picnic tables have been covered in graffiti. It is disgusting! A long time rider and his family will be bringing an air sprayer on the next trip and all of the graffiti will be covered. If anyone would like to pitch in paint or time and effort to help clean the areas up, anything will be appreciated. I will post on this board and let you know what weekend that will be. It is up to dedicated riders, period! Also, some of us have discussed showing up to the next town meeting and questioning the council members about the dunes. And what it will take to get control back from the drunk, littering, vandalizing, no riding losers!!!! Any comments

TXduneripper
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by TXduneripper »

Of course we had a good time. It was the maiden voyage for our new buggy. And we love it. A few things to work on but everything has projects. It was quite an un-eventful weekend with the exception of a lady getting seperated from her party on Sunday night. The Sheriff was called and they organized a search party. But once the riders were ready to start the search she came out onto the road.

There wasn't as many campers as I expected. The majority of the traffic was from people parked along side the road riding and drinking. These people have no regards for a thing. They drive 90 to nothing right along side the camps and leave all of their trash on the side of the road, for others to run over or pick up, whichever comes first. Several deputies came out for the lost girl. Could they not see the piles of beer bottles laying around each and every vehicle that was out there?? It absolutely boggles my mind that they do NOTHING!!! All of the picnic tables have been covered in graffiti. It is disgusting! A long time rider and his family will be bringing an air sprayer on the next trip and all of the graffiti will be covered. If anyone would like to pitch in paint or time and effort to help clean the areas up, anything will be appreciated. I will post on this board and let you know what weekend that will be. It is up to dedicated riders, period! Also, some of us have discussed showing up to the next town meeting and questioning the council members about the dunes. And what it will take to get control back from the drunk, littering, vandalizing, no riding losers!!!! Any comments

TXduneripper
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by TXduneripper »

Is this thing jinxed again??

Return to “Kermit Dunes”