Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

Dune Dragin
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Shiftin' Sand

Post by Dune Dragin »

The Kermit Sandhills are Awsome!
If it is Winter, Summer, Fall or Spring; It just does not get any better than being at the Sandhills. Family and Friends gather round to ride the trails, rip the dunes and share the fun and excitement. Big and small, old and young: FUN FOR ALL. There are new friends to be made, new plans are laid. Morning peeks over the dunes, the smell of two-stroke fills the air as camp rises to the sound of four wheelers there. Eyes open wide, there is an excitement inside. On with the boots and gloves; Can't wait to mount the ride you love. Bikes and Buggies begin to rev up, the smell of bacon cooking, and somewhere, someone opened a Bud. We spend the days crawling the dunes like ants at a huge picnic. When the colors of red, orange, pink and blue creep over the sky; a thought fills your mind, "We're NOT Through! Let's Ride!"
Have Fun, Be Safe

TXduneripper
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by TXduneripper »

That was wonderful. I am definately missing the dunes!

Where you been Dune Dragin?

Dune Dragin
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

busy as a cat in a litter box

Post by Dune Dragin »

Have been thinking of you all. Been making toys for christmas. Forgot to tell you I'm really an elf...lol. Missed the new year run to the sandhills. Lots of remodeling to do after house fire. Looking forward to ripping the dunes soon! Everybody is doing something to their toys. Will be there soon. How about you?
Have Fun, Be Safe

Sandy T.
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by Sandy T. »

hey.
Last edited by Sandy T. on Fri Feb 28, 2003 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sandy T.

Sandy T.
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by Sandy T. »

Weather permitting, we'll be out this weekend (3/1/03). For any new friends that we haven't met, we'll be in the purple four seater sandrail and our truck is a white Chevrolet. Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Sandy T.

Dune Dragin
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by Dune Dragin »

Sorry we did not get to go this weekend. The weather took a turn to COLD. :shock: Did you really hang all weekend?
What did I miss....
Have Fun, Be Safe

TXduneripper
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by TXduneripper »

I wondered if this Texas forum was dead....lol

If I don't hurry up and get back out to the dunes....I AM GONNA FREAK OUT!!!

Hope everyone is doing good. Lets all get ready for another cleanup in July :D

Dune Dragin
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by Dune Dragin »

How Bad Do You Have It?
I can almost feel the grit in my ears. Have so much to do. There is the yard work and taxes and redecorating to do. The winter blues have lifted and I am soooo ready to play in the sand box! I swear I hear the Dragin reving up from the darkness of the shop. It is calling to me. Ding-d-ding-ding-ding. Love the 2 stroke rap!
Have not been to the hills since July. Don't you feel sorry for me! :cry:
I'm having a pitty party and your all invited.
Come on Sandy-throw me a bone.[/code]
Have Fun, Be Safe

Sandy T.
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by Sandy T. »

Well I missed another dang dunin' day! Tony and the kids went to Kermit and had a blast. I was in Midland being a good, wonderful, better-than-most, couldn't do without friend. I helped my sister-in-law move. Yep. When you're moving, you find out who loves you. And I wuv her enough to miss a trip to the dunes! She's a part-time duner herself so she can't be all bad.

I hear you, Dune Dragin. I can't WAIT to get back out to Kermit and get sand in my bra! Who hoooooooo! What a thrill. Next time, baby, next time.

Until then.........
Sandy T.

Dune Dragin
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by Dune Dragin »

Finallywe're heading for the Sandhills! :lol:
We are gonna be out 24-27. Have some new toys to break out.
Little "Hotrod" is gonna ride for the first time. Grandpa got him a 50 Suzuki, and Grandpa is making a debut run on his 500 Quadzilla. With 2 of them in camp should be some good heads up racing. (and some wrench turnin) :P The new additions to the stables, Scrambler 400 4x4's, will be making their maiden voyage on the sand. No one replied to my post on here "wanting to buy"...but we got 3 anyway! (still wanting to buy 2000 red polaris scrambler 400 4x4 or maybe 500 4x4 scrambler. :shock: Oh, got a pair of 98 white/purple 400 4x4 for sale too.) I can't wait to jump on the dragin again (85 suzuki 250R) and rip some dunes! If you out there say "HI"! You can't miss our camp. Vogue with big maroon enclosed trailer, Eurocoach with white enclosed trailer, White Winnie with pull trailer and a Cobra campvan with white enclosed trailer, just for starters. Yes, we will be the northend of the lot. Looking for our friends to join in the fun as the 4th generation takes to the dunes.
Have Fun, Be Safe

TXduneripper
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by TXduneripper »

Well I should say its about time Dune Dragin.. we will miss ya this trip out- we are out home until Memorial Day weekend...too many things happening in May. They really have the parking lot messed up. Apparently the state (or someone) came in and bladed all the sand back away from the road and just piled it up wherever..out in the middle...all around the edges..it has really messed up the parking situation...on a busy weekend you better get there early or the parking will be gone.

The last weekend that we were out....we camped next to some explicatives that didn't think their trash needed to be picked up....I let it slide for a while...then we went on a ride and when we came back their trash was making its way toward Kermit...I was furious to say the least...I snapped some pics of the jerks and then proceeded to call the sheriff's office. The sheriff showed up, apprently told them to pick up their trash and LEAVE. It was the greatest thing :D

Be careful and have a wonderful time!

Dune Dragin
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by Dune Dragin »

Good for you ripper! I spent more time picking up trash than riding the first and last day we were there. It is disgusting! And burning pallets with all the nails left behind really burns me up! If folks can not respect the area, they should not only leave but find anohter hobby. Who needs them!
Have Fun, Be Safe

MT Buggies
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by MT Buggies »

Where is this place at? I am about 45 minutes west of El Paso in Las Cruces, NM and would love to go riding at the Kermit Dunes!
MCS Motorsports, LLC
http://www.mtbuggies.com
(505) 373-0531
# 1 In Customer Satisfaction
Work hard, Play Harder...

TEXWS6
1st Gear Member

Post by TEXWS6 »

it is about 45 miles west of odessa. or the way you would come, 30 minutes northeast of monahans...
2000 WS6
87 4x4 Chevy SWB
2001 Shee
1997 Shee (my baby)

MT Buggies
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by MT Buggies »

Nice, did some researching and found it to be an interesting place. Are the dunes packed every weekend?
MCS Motorsports, LLC
(505) 373-0531

TEXWS6
1st Gear Member

Post by TEXWS6 »

it really depends on when you go. they died off as the summer wore on. what do you ride? I have some smaller dunes out by my home town that few people know about that are great for an afternoon ride.
2000 WS6
87 4x4 Chevy SWB
2001 Shee
1997 Shee (my baby)

MT Buggies
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by MT Buggies »

We (my g/f and I) ride sandrails.... I am bulding one right now, but I have a nice rail I keep in Michigan, it gets used ever summer when we visit. (It's my home state and where most of my family is) You?
MCS Motorsports, LLC
(505) 373-0531

TEXWS6
1st Gear Member

Post by TEXWS6 »

quads....you ever gonna make it out to Kermit? Send me some pics of your rail....

Kelly
2000 WS6
87 4x4 Chevy SWB
2001 Shee
1997 Shee (my baby)

LoBuck
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by LoBuck »

TEXWS6 wrote:.. Send me some pics of your rail....
Better yet, post them here so we can all see. :D
Glenn Montgomery - KE7BTP
'79 CJ5
http://www.YumaDuners.com - LoBuck's Web Page
DAC ISDRA Sub Group Member - AZ OHV Rep BLM ISDRA DSG webpage

Return to “Kermit Dunes”