Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

Mudkattgowfo
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

ASA Flag in Sand Lake Oregon

Post by Mudkattgowfo » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:45 pm

It was windy but the Flag was flying Proudly.

ChuckZilla
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: ASA Flag in Sand Lake Oregon

Post by ChuckZilla » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:50 pm

Dude that awesome! Good work! =D>
ASA
CORVA
SDORC
Never ride alone
GPS, money well spent
If you leave trash, you are trash

Woodglue

Post by Woodglue » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:54 pm

=D>
Very nice Chris! You have a big untapped market for finding new aSa members up there!
My Avatar is BLM's DRAMP Proposed OHV Access under Alt #3.
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

Woodglue

Post by Woodglue » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:26 am

ASAFlag corrected.jpg
Your flags were backwards, so I backed the trailer in on the other side. :wink:
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

Mudkattgowfo
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Mudkattgowfo » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:44 pm

Next time can you please put more sand around the jacks when you move the trailer for me. As the wind blew all of it out from around them during the Football game we were watching and the trailer slid sideways. Guess I should have stayed hooked up to the truck. Another story for Sand Camp I guess.

Sandcock
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member

Post by Sandcock » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:45 pm

I rode Sand Lake for the first time on 29 August. I drove straight through from Fallbrook, CA to Neskowin, Or..........20-1/2 hours. Left on Friday the 28th at 0300; arrived at 1130. Got some sleep and was over to SL in the morning with the Oregon i-laws, nieces and nephews.

Even thought the sand was tore up, i.e. the Broncofest, we had an awesome time. There's nothing in the world like riding the beach and the trails through the trees all out was way to cool 8) The weather was great to. Watching the rock climbers along the beach was neat to.
Attachments
sand lake.jpg
unloading at sand lake 08-2009.jpg
sandyc and mrs at sand lake 08-2009.jpg
The real egalitarians are not the people who want to redistribute wealth to the poor, but those who want to extend to the poor the ability to create their own wealth, to lift themselves up, instead of trying to tear others down. Earning respect, including self-respect, is better than being a parasite. Thomas Sowell

Sandcock

Post by Sandcock » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:04 pm

more
Attachments
day camp at sand lake 08-2009.jpg
headin out on a ride sand lake 08-2009.jpg
1alysha rippin sand lake 08-2009.jpg
The real egalitarians are not the people who want to redistribute wealth to the poor, but those who want to extend to the poor the ability to create their own wealth, to lift themselves up, instead of trying to tear others down. Earning respect, including self-respect, is better than being a parasite. Thomas Sowell

Woodglue

Post by Woodglue » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:33 am

=D> Awesome Scotty!
Looks like it was a good trip to a very cool place!

Can't wait to hear more about it.
Did you guys ever have your bikes tested by the LEO's (for sound)?
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

Sandcock

Post by Sandcock » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:40 pm

They never checked the quads for dbs. Had to pay $10.50 for each bikes registration (green sticker). The area is somewhat small, so congestion/safety is an issue. In the area we set up for the day the LEO's came by checking for day permits and caught some under aged with beer. One of my nephews who is a police officer with Mt. Angel was observing and said the LEOs made them pour all the beer out and gave out some tickets. My sister-n-law sent me an email with info about two accidents. One was of a quad hitting a rail and killing the passenger in the rail. It's a bummer when you here of those things. The sport such is such a great sport and you just want everyone to have a great experience and go home happy.

btw, I got a speeding ticket pulling a utility trailer on the 5 near Gustine.77 mph :shock: It's going to cost me :cry: I took like a man though, i.e. I got caught and did not whine about it. Now I'm waiting for the ticket to arrive in the mailbox.

Woodglue

Post by Woodglue » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:32 pm

Very unfortunate about the quad / rail thing... usually it would be the quad rider... not the rail passenger. Strange.
Bummer about your ticket too. You're right, it'll cost ya good! :lol: Let us know how much.

I read about the dbs testing two years ago, and for that very reason we did not go to Oregon. We took our trip to Utah. I knew my quad would not pass, and I didn't want to get all the way up there and end up not being able to ride. That would absolutely KILL ME to be sitting in sand dunes... that I've never been in before.... and look at my quad sit on the trailer!!! ](*,)
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

Sandcock

Post by Sandcock » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:02 pm

I put the arrester back into my pipe before I left. I rode a bot with it in, but noticed many riding had open pipes so I took it out [-X I brought my stock pipe with me just in case there would have been a problem.

They have different laws up there. I saw many riding two on a quad and many not wearing helmets. IMO, I think you got to look a safety first.

Also, it was very crowded where we staged, almost where I couldn't get in. The people around us came out and moved some of their business to accommodate us getting in. Many thanks to them, just very nice people up there =D>

I think my next trip up there will be in a couple of years, but this time it will be a week or more at the Oregon Dunes \:D/ That place looks good to go and many other activities in the surrounding areas to be occupied.

I also got to go salmon fishing for the very first time with the nephew and bro-n-law on the Siletz River, totally cool 8) Rose at 0200 and got to the river about 0500 and fished to about 1500. Didn't get a bite, but there is always a next time =D>

Also had some goooooooooooooood fresh Oregon Netart oysters at Pacific City..........ummmmmmm :D and the Black Butte Porter was yummy. Matter of fact I'm enjoying one right now :D

Mudkattgowfo
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Mudkattgowfo » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:13 am

Here is a link to the local paper about the crash. As I understand it was the quad crossing the path of the Rail. The rail tried to turn but slid into the Quad so they hit each other sideways. The rear passenger of the Quad was the unfortunate fatality.
In the Oregon Dunes there is no helmet requirement for those over 18.

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ss ... d_lak.html

Always a sad time when this happens.

Return to “Sand Lake Oregon”