6th Gear "Wide Open" Member
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

T-Maxx 2.5

Post by YFZ Bob » Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:37 am

...What should I UPGRADE! :lol:

Tranny the Weakest Link in any Maxx....

Hum.... My First Upgrade :lol:

Last edited by YFZ Bob on Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

vdubduner
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by vdubduner » Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:16 am

upgrade the air filter,other than that ,run it till you break something,then youl know what to change,there pretty stong to start with.
oh,ditch the ford body.
Darrin
http://gotdunes.com

"I love the smell of wet sand in the morning"

YFZ Bob

Post by YFZ Bob » Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:24 am

I can see this isn't going to be a Cheap Hobby(Check out this T-Maxx set up). I don't think my wife had any idea what "She" got me into... :lol: It all started last riding season when a camp next to us were racing these. It might have been one of you guys!

sandman4free1
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by sandman4free1 » Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:37 am

bob I would recomend for the desert a bigger cooling head from http://www.novarcproducts.com/ look at my maxx too! see where I am. it ain't cheap. also just to have strength the bulkheads should be replaced with aluminum bulks. I do have a connection with nova rc so let me know via email if you need something from them....what part depends on wether I can get it cheaper for you. if you need to start replacing stuff the best place is http://www.unlimitedengineering.com/ one last thing let me know if you need help with something. good luck and enjoy the cool new toy.
later
sandman4free
Bryon

YFZ Bob

Post by YFZ Bob » Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:47 pm

Help!! Having a difficult time shifting into reverse, as if it's hanging up in the forward gear only? Got any ideas, adjustment. Never forced the T-maxx into reverse while moving forward... Thanks, Bob

Winston Cup
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member

Post by Winston Cup » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:43 am

Well you can't force it into reverse if it's reved or going forward anyway. It's built for just this type of ummmm..........genuis move :roll: It'll wait till it stops rotating or just hang in a neutral position I think. There is an access hole in the top of the trans for an allen. There is an adjustment but it's a little tricky to line up the holes to do it and it's harder to explain it to you. :lol: If you look in the destructions it'll show you. This is assuming you don't have any linkage problems or anything else going wrong. Tip though, adjust and test on pavement only, it's a pain in the dirt with the tires spinning and all. Use the Vons or maybe the Albertsons parking lot on boulder, and while your at it maybe you can take out a couple picketers and we'll see if their medical coverage is as bad as they say. :roll:
Guy Chrest

YFZ Bob

Post by YFZ Bob » Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:17 am

Guy Chrest wrote:Use the Vons or maybe the Albertsons parking lot on boulder, and while your at it maybe you can take out a couple picketers and we'll see if their medical coverage is as bad as they say. :roll:
Well that's good to hear it has a built in Idiot (I mean accidental) Safeguard built in the transmission. Now where did I put those instructions :roll:

Hummmm. Vons parking lot... :twisted: :lol:

LoBuck

Post by LoBuck » Sun Dec 07, 2003 4:47 pm

Guy Chrest wrote:... If you look in the destructions it'll show you. ... :roll:

BansheeBob wrote:... Now where did I put those instructions :roll:
OK Bob, if your'e going to do this, you have to follow directions correctly. You need the destructions not the instructions. :lol:
Glenn Montgomery - KE7BTP
'79 CJ5
http://www.YumaDuners.com - LoBuck's Web Page
DAC ISDRA Sub Group Member - AZ OHV Rep BLM ISDRA DSG webpage

YFZ Bob

Post by YFZ Bob » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:20 am

LoBuck wrote: OK Bob, if your'e going to do this, you have to follow directions correctly. You need the destructions not the instructions. :lol:

But the Destructions instructions don't have any pictures...
Just this dang thing... :lol: :arrow: Image

Winston Cup

Post by Winston Cup » Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:53 am

Here's a picture for ya Bob. Now there's words around it too and get this, your actually supposed to read em to understand what's going on. Go figure.

Just go real slow and sound it out.

Oh and your never gonna beleive where I found this at. Traxxas Tech Support

2-Speed Shift Point Adjustment T-Maxx

The T-Maxx comes equipped with a two-speed transmission. When the shift point on this transmission is adjusted correctly, it will maximize acceleration and improve driveability.

Note: It is important that your engine is properly tuned and has reached full operating temperature before making shift point adjustments. Stop the engine before making adjustments.

1) Stop the engine.

2) Remove the larger rubber plug from the transmission housing.

3) Look into the access hole in the transmission housing and rotate the spur gear until the access hole in the aluminum drum is visible.

4) Once the access hole is visible, hold the spur gear and use your finger to turn the primary gear shaft counter clockwise which extends from the transmission housing (see photo). Note that you will see two set screws through the access hole. As you turn the primary gear shaft counterclockwise, the first set screw holds the two-speed mechanism to the shaft. Do not loosen this screw. The second set screw is the adjustment screw.

5) Insert a 2.0 Allen wrench through the clutch drum and into the adjustment set screw (see diagram).

6) Turn the adjustment screw 1/8 turn clockwise to raise the shift point (later shifts). Be careful not to overtighten the adjustment screw or you may damage the tension spring. Do not make constant adjustments or you will loosen the locking device.

7) Turn the adjustment screw 1/8 turn counterclockwise to lower the shift point (earlier shifts). Be careful not to loosen the adjustment screw too much or you may cause the screw and spring to fall out (requiring major disassembly and repair).

8 ) Use 1/8 turn increments to find the approximate, desired shift point.

9) Check performance by running a test lap after each adjustment.

10) Use 1/8-1/16 turn increments to fine tune the shift point.

Note: The transmission may not shift if the adjustment screw is turned too far in (locked in first gear), or too far out (locked in second gear). If the truck has quick acceleration and does not appear to shift, the transmission is never reaching the shifting point. The shift point needs to be lowered by turning the adjustment screw counterclockwise. If the truck has poor acceleration but very high top speed, the transmission is shifting into second gear almost instantly. The shift point needs to be raised by turning the adjustment screw clockwise.
Guy Chrest

YFZ Bob

Post by YFZ Bob » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:20 am

Hummm. Shift just fine.... Nothing in there that explains why it won't shift into reverse... :wink:

Winston Cup

Post by Winston Cup » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:24 am

Bansheebob wrote:Hummm. Shift just fine.... Nothing in there that explains why it won't shift into reverse... :wink:
OOOPS :shock: that's right, you got a problem going into reverse, not shifting to second. My bad!
Guy Chrest

YFZ Bob

Post by YFZ Bob » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:46 am

I ran it at the Dunes... I bet you sand has something to do with it.... :lol:

sandman4free1
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by sandman4free1 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:51 am

if the idle is set to hight it will not shift into reverse (safeguard) so try to lower the idle then check the linkages...if that doesn't fix it remove and inspect the tranny, it is the weakest link in any maxx.

Winston Cup

Post by Winston Cup » Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:44 am

sandman4free1 wrote:if the idle is set to hight it will not shift into reverse (safeguard) so try to lower the idle then check the linkages...if that doesn't fix it remove and inspect the tranny, it is the weakest link in any maxx.
That's true, that's an excellent tip.
Guy Chrest

Return to “Radio Control Toys, Monster Trucks & Model Rockets”