What is the State OHV Deputy Director's Job?????

Issues relating to the California Off Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation / Green Sticker Fund

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

Red Dog
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by Red Dog »

For the past seven years our OHV leaders have accepted the idea that the job of the OHV Deputy Director is to guide and influence their decisions. It started with the idea, called the Stakeholders, that no decisions could be made unless everone, including the enviros agreed. This was the OHV Deputy Director's idea, and our OHV leadership agreed to it. It seemed to be a form of empowerment, but really it was the theft of power by the enviros. The enviromentalist only wanted, asked for, and got concessions.

The latest thing is the OHV Deputy Director got some OHV leaders to agree to go hand and hand with the enviros to lobby the legislature to put back in seven million dollars in OHV closure/restoration grant funds, but there were some funds included also for things like OHV repairs, but most of it was for OHV closures/restorations. The OHV Deputy spun it as only fair to the grantees, but it sure looked to anyone with a mind that the OHV Commission was not that bad afterall. It looked bad that the OHVers themselves seemed to be endorsing the current OHV Commission by their lobbying actions done hand in hand with enviros. I hasten to add the spin put out by the OHV Deputy wasn't hard to resist and see through. I ask, is that really the OHV Deputy Director's job to lobby OHV leaders to the get the OHV leaders to appear to endorse of the enviros agenda, by lobbying side by side with them? I ask should the OHV Deputy Director be spending so much time trying to steer the OHV leadership into doing her bidding, or should the OHV Deputy Director spend her time runnning the OHV Division as well as it should be run, and let the OHV organizations run their own affairs? What say you?

tomjeeps2
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by tomjeeps2 »

I do believe you may have got a hold of an EMAIL she sent out as a joke, But she did dance around the BLM stuff Spitler talked about. I have listened to what you said, and I understand just what it is you want done. I think we can still work with the Deputy Director, I've going to cut all my ties and do just what you want and I believe I understand her better than most. You know I have the guts and there is know one left she can run to, for holding me back, I'll do whatever it takes to make things work. But you have to help me, help to get the OHV community behind me again, she has her problems just like anyone Else but like anything Else we can work past it. You know I can stand against the crowd and just do what's right, I can work alone as much as I hate it and I believe if I stay with it people will begin to follow.

May 19th OHMVR meeting transcript
COMMISSIONER SPITLER: Deputy Director, I
understand that you have been honored with some awards
recently. Maybe you would like to share those with the
Commission and the public?
DEPUTY DIR. GREENE: Commissioner Spitler?
VICE-CHAIR ANDERSON: You didn't know.
COMMISSIONER SPITLER: The award, several
awards, one regarding the BLM resource management
issues and another regarding restoration?
DEPUTY DIR. GREENE: Good. I think perhaps it
would be helpful -- I have not actually had the
conclusion of that conversation with the BLM. So it
would perhaps be helpful if BLM could share that.
And the second one you alluded to was simply a
joke in an e-mail that I sent you.
COMMISSIONER SPITLER: Excellent. Thank you.
VICE-CHAIR ANDERSON: That's sufficiently
obscure. None of us understand it.
I have listen to you, her and others and I realized some of the things I've said unknowingly that have drove her away from me. She knows I will keep after her and not let up, regardless of what she tries to get others to do stop me I wont. I'll do what you want Red Dog, I will keep after her no matter what and be certain she's held accountable for everything she does, that she holds others accountable and yes that includes me. Also I could have said something about her that she's not yet willing to except, if so it cut to the bone and I may be wrong, I'D be more than willing to help her prove me wrong. There will be conditions that she must except, she will need to show us she can be responsible, do her job and she will need to show us we can trust her. This means no more games, open doors, put
an end to unbelievable amount of collusion, no more 8 hours a day on the phone "after work".

You know you can take her out any time you want, it don't have to be right now lets give her a chance, I just can't believe how smart she is all we need to do is get her to apply herself. Also you know all truth and I know you can't wait to get it out, but if you did you would crash the program, I do believe that's just what you intend to do. All truth in time will be known, again letting all out at once in my opinion would not be wise. I have nothing to lose I'll make this my mission in life, and if I don't produce you could take out all of us anytime you want. Your in control it's your choice, What ever you decide Red Dog I wish you Gods Speed.
The Country is ran by the few that show up.
They are lead by the even fewer that step up.

http://WWW.TEAMSTEALTH.ORG Noise issue information.
http://WWW.OHMVR.COM Total Off Road Recreation!

Tom Tammone

Red Dog
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by Red Dog »

I am not after the OHV Deputy Director, I am after her to do her job. Her job is not to get the OHV leadership to go along with what the enviros want, or to float the enviros deals to the OHV leadership. Her job is to run the OHV Division. It has got so bad that it is like this - How do you know the OHV Deputy Director is talking, because Wiley's lips are moving. Nothing good has come out of making deals and compromises with the anti OHV activist enviros. Name one gain for the OHVer's side out of this deal making with the enviros, and if you can come up with even one, I can come up with dozens of losses we have suffered from such deals. Please OHV Deputy Director do you job, and run the OHV Division better, and please do not float the enviros deals to the OHV leadership, or try to control and influence so heavily the OHV organization's internal decisions.

tomjeeps2
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by tomjeeps2 »

I’m glad we both agree were not out to take out the Deputy Director, Let’s just be sure we are quoting accurate information before we throw things out there. I find the name of your thread interesting, “What is the State OHV Deputy Director's Job?????” I once read she was quoted as saying that in a news paper article. I don’t have it in front of me but I remember she was basically quoted as saying, I don’t know weather I should be the Sheriff (hold people accountable) or the executioner (as in be everyone’s servant and execute what they give you). Let’s just dream for a while and pretend I had full control of the Deputy Director, You keep saying you want her to do her job, well just what is her job?

I don’t expect an answer right away, but before we continue jumping up and down yelling we want her to do her Job, why don’t we explore just what her job should be? You know it’s funny I don’t think anybody was ever even bothered to do that, it’s just as basic as having a vision or mission statement, let’s all just take a little time and think about it.

Tom Tammone

Red Dog
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by Red Dog »

I do not agree the OHV Deputy Director can be taken out, and that is not my goal anyway. If the administration supports her, then Brisendern would have been replaced by now, that is if she is for real. All the Governor has to do is say, I will not sign some legislation the leader of a the Assembly wants bad, unless he appoints a pro OHV or at least neutral person to replace Brisenden and it would be done. That is what all previous admistration's did for the OHV Community. So test is the Brisenden appointment, if he stays, then it is clear the Deputy OHV Director is really a powerless figurehead.

tomjeeps2
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by tomjeeps2 »

Tomjeeps2 siad on record
And I draw the line.
John Brissenden, if you wind up getting reappointed, as
far as I'm concerned, this whole program can just go
away. Thanks.
Perhaps there’s a reason why Brisenden still has not been re-appointed, perhaps I need to take the internet more seriously, perhaps this high read thread helped give me the nerve the stand up and say it.

Tomjeeps2 siad on the ASA board
OK so what to do about it:

Feb 7,2006 CORVA Action Alert,

Your help is critically needed! Please call, email, fax and write to Assemblyman Fabian Nunez (D-46). His contact information is; Office Phone, (916) 319-2046, Fax, (916) 319-2146,

E-Mail, Assemblymember.Nunez@assembly.ca.gov,

regular Mail is, Capitol Building #219, Sacramento, Ca. 95814.

The Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Program is made up of appointed Commissioners. A few Commissioners have directed the Commission away from spending to enhance our sport, and instead, have spent our funds on programs that have limited or no provisions relating to improving and enhancing our off-road experience.

One Commissioner, John Brissenden, has continually worked to against us. Based on his past actions within the Commission, his bias against us is now readily apparent. He is actively seeking a reappoiment by Speaker Nunez.

Remember when I say "fights on" I really mean it.

Tom...
Red Dog siad
I do not agree the OHV Deputy Director can be taken out, and that is not my goal anyway.
Red Dog are you even reading what I’m putting out, I thought I was very clear I had no desire to take out the deputy Director. Can we please get back to the topic of my last post, which is the name of your thread? “What is the State OHV Deputy Director's Job?????”

I agree about Brissenden, and I agree the Deputy Director seams well connected to the Governor’s office. But I though it was our responsibility to send that information to Speaker Nunez, that we wanted to have someone else appointed.

Tom Tammone

LoBuck

Post by LoBuck »

OK, here goes. I'll be the proof reader.
tomjeeps2 (Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:15 pm) wrote:You know you can take her out any time you want, it don't have to be right now lets give her a chance, I just can't believe how smart she is all we need to do is get her to apply herself.
Red Dog (Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:05 pm) wrote:I am not after the OHV Deputy Director, I am after her to do her job.
tomjeeps2 (Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:35 pm) wrote:I’m glad we both agree were not out to take out the Deputy Director, Let’s just be sure we are quoting accurate information before we throw things out there.
Red Dog (Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:04 am) wrote:I do not agree the OHV Deputy Director can be taken out, and that is not my goal anyway.
tomjeeps2 (Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:38 am) wrote:Red Dog are you even reading what I’m putting out, I thought I was very clear I had no desire to take out the deputy Director.
You are both on the same page, maybe just not on the same sentence at the same time? :wink:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Just some insight.

These are some great topics and discusions, but even for the folks that are fairly knowledgable about this stuff it gets complex. Imagine for a second how someone trying to get "up to speed" reading these topics is doing.

Carry on. 8)
Glenn Montgomery - KE7BTP
'79 CJ5
http://www.YumaDuners.com - LoBuck's Web Page
DAC ISDRA Sub Group Member - AZ OHV Rep BLM ISDRA DSG webpage

crash
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by crash »

Thank you Glenn.

I was feeling a little "out to lunch" but figured it was just me.

Until recently I haven't posted here even though I started reading and posting about five years ago. One of the reasons I stopped was that it wasn't that much fun because of all the vicious infighting and private conversation that would come out occasionally in posts. Since returning I have found a good group of people who are open, non-cliquish, and not mean about issues. It has been very nice. These posts bring back bad memories and I hesitate to even ask about what was really going on, but if someone would give a quick sinopsys(sp?) that would be appreciated. If it is too dark and dreary, I just will stay away from these posts. Simple as that. But I also don't want to keep my "head in the sand". Wait....maybe I do......in more ways than one. :wink:

PS-Not implying that Glenn is "out to lunch" with me or anything. 8)

LoBuck

Post by LoBuck »

No problem crash.

The Calfornia OHMVR issue has always been complex, for me anyway. It has gotten even more so since the audit and additional issues/actions between the Division and Commission.

It will take someone considerably more knowledgeable than me to provide a synopsis. However, there is a huge amount of info in this very forum. A thread that can be very good place to start reading is Guy's The Life of an OHV "Green Sticker" Dollar
'79 CJ5

tomjeeps2
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by tomjeeps2 »

Hey didn't mean to get off track folks let's stay on topic:

OK so what to do along with the above:

Your help is critically needed! Please call, email, fax and write to Assemblyman Fabian Nunez (D-46). His contact information is; Office Phone, (916) 319-2046, Fax, (916) 319-2146,

The Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Program is made up of appointed Commissioners. A few Commissioners have directed the Commission away from spending to enhance our sport, and instead, have spent our funds on programs that have limited or no provisions relating to improving and enhancing our off-road experience.

One Commissioner, John Brissenden, has continually worked to against us. Based on his past actions within the Commission, his bias against us is now readily apparent. He is actively seeking a reappoiment by Speaker Nunez.

Remember when I say "fights on" I really mean it.

Thanks, Tom...

Tom Tammone

LoBuck

Post by LoBuck »

tomjeeps2 wrote:What is the State OHV Deputy Director's Job?????
Is there an actual job description available? I looked on-line briefly and did not find one. If there really is one, that could be very beneficial.
'79 CJ5

tomjeeps2
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by tomjeeps2 »

It's just as confusing as everything else, just like the Stakeholders are trying to come up with a mission statement. I have been trying to make some sense of who is in control of what, and how the Parks and Division mess together. As far as the Deputy Director Job first it's really not a job, it's a political appointment which in my opinion means the served community, should have the final say as to just what the job is. What we have here is upside down, the Deputy Director pulls the strings and controls the community it should be the other way around.

What I miss from Red Dog is the old Red Dog Challenge, I would like someone to go spend a weak or two in Sacramento that really represents our interest, not under the control of the people they should be questioning.
Also there would be a twist, that would be all communications would be public no Pm's, rather than Email all computer communications goes on this board where we all can see it. You don't get a one page summery when it's over, you will get interactive real time information and if you ask a question everyone will see it and know the response. You would be amazed what you learn when you visit Division Headquarters, and if they know the Off road community supports you they will open up to you, this is why it's key that if someone was to do this they would have your support.

This is what I'm suggesting, if I was to do this would I have your support?

Tom Tammone

LoBuck

Post by LoBuck »

Tom, Are you talking about this (the ASA BBS) board? If you are, support for that would need to come from the ASA BoD.

I don't see any likelihood of a government agency using a privately held public bulletin board for their communications. The possibility could increase a bit, but still not likely, if there was a government controlled bulletin board, and even then would not be used for all communications.

The Freedom of Information Act should provide for obtaining as much information as allowable for current email and other written documents.
'79 CJ5

tomjeeps2
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by tomjeeps2 »

Hi Low Buck, don't know if there could even be any direct Government hook up, it could be just the person who goes out there could communicate this way, in a real time fashion. Also I understand the need for board support regarding any action, however I'm still at a consensus and support evaluation stage at this time, my concern at this point is I'm not really seeing any support...Tom

Tom Tammone

tomjeeps2
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by tomjeeps2 »

Well folks I'm seeing much interest here, going to spent the next two days getting some grants posted. Who knows I may just take a weak off and drive up there on my own, if I do you will read about it right here on the ASA board.

Tom...

Tom Tammone

crash

Post by crash »

tomjeeps2 wrote:Well folks I'm seeing much interest here, going to spent the next two days getting some grants posted. Who knows I may just take a weak off and drive up there on my own, if I do you will read about it right here on the ASA board.
Tom...
Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but.....since you put this out there, you are now pretty much committed to doing so. If you don't, after making this statement, you would be laughed at for not supporting your own recommendation. I would think, after reading much of what has been posted here lately, that you are careful about what you post and know this already.

We'll be waiting for your report......

tomjeeps2
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by tomjeeps2 »

OK do I take this as support or a dare, the more support I get the more the likely-hood increases. Also again as I stated I do have about 200K in grant notices I need to get posted by July 1st, and I would hope you can respect that, if I don't respond I'm not ignoring you I'm busy.

Tom Tammone

crash

Post by crash »

tomjeeps2 wrote:OK do I take this as support or a dare, the more support I get the more the likely-hood increases. Also again as I stated I do have about 200K in grant notices I need to get posted by July 1st, and I would hope you can respect that, if I don't respond I'm not ignoring you I'm busy.
It is niether. I just wanted to make sure you were aware of how your statement was coming accross and what it implied to me and possibly others. I would not have thought anything about you not doing what you suggested about going to Division Headquarters as we are ALL very busy. I think that is one of our major problems as a group. We are all too busy supporting our families and hobbies/recreational activities to REALLY be involved in "the cause." Now after the second statement, I take that to mean that you truely think it is important enough that you WILL go to Division Headquarters for a week and lead by example. After saying what you did, if you don't, it blows your whole argument out of the water, IMHO.

I don't know anyone on this site very well, but as long as you are working for more duning/off roading oppertunities, I support you, as much as I am able.

tomjeeps2
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by tomjeeps2 »

Actually next week is a four day work week, (4 July) any time spent there would be tied in with other things, ether way I do intend to take some time off. How much time I actually spend there, will depend on the support I get from the community, not because someone says you said because I didn't. So far I still don't hear much support, remember my argument is the community should be in control, not me or any one person. So if the community is not going to stand with me, then the whole propose of me wanting to go would be defeated.

Tom Tammone

crash

Post by crash »

tomjeeps2 wrote:Actually next week is a four day work week, (4 July) any time spent there would be tied in with other things, ether way I do intend to take some time off. How much time I actually spend there, will depend on the support I get from the community, not because someone says you said because I didn't. So far I still don't hear much support, remember my argument is the community should be in control, not me or any one person. So if the community is not going to stand with me, then the whole propose of me wanting to go would be defeated.
Didn't see anyone suggesting you take your holiday week to do this. Don't know where this came from. Anyway, again, I don't know you but this last statement comes accross as waffling and weaseling.

Just thought you shoud know. :)

tomjeeps2
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by tomjeeps2 »

I appreciate your input I just don't want to see the subject get lost again, which is just what is it the Deputy Director should be doing, and should the Deputy Director control the community or should it be the other way around.

Also don't forget the item below:

Tom Tammone

Red Dog
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by Red Dog »

Tom Jeeps

The OHV Deputy Director's duties are specified in the OHV laws, and so is the OHV Commission's. The current OHV Deputy Director supports crooked deals by not stopping the crooked deals, and by keeping the people who negotiate these crooked deals on as consultants and managers.

If the administration wanted the assembly to give them one small time appointment on a minor commission, like the OHV commission, all the governor would have to do is hold up signing some legislation that the leader of the assembly wants signed. The governor has a lot of power, even a line item veto power over budget items. All previous governors prior ot Davis and Schwarzenegger have inisted that the legislature appoint at least one neutral or pro OHV commissioner. Allowing four enviro commissioners on an OHV commission is poison to all Pro OHV interest, it is akin to putting skinheads in charge of the civil rights commission. OHV Commissioners serve until they are replaced, and many have serve for serveral years after their term has expired. So not reappointing Brissenden is a token favor as long as he still serves.

I believe the administration is not pro OHV, but really anti OHV, and the current Deputy Director's unofficial job is to keep the OHV community from doing anything about it with a bag of small favor and token concessions. I wish she would prove me wrong, but until the crooked deals like Riverside are dropped, and the crooked, lawyers, consultants and staff who negotiagted the terms of these crooked deals are not retained, and until the OHV commission is once again balanced, and not run by bunch of enviro extremist.

I will not trust the OHV administration nor the OHV Deputy Director, why should I, and why would anyone else who understands how things are suppose to be and how thing should work, and how things should be at least sort of fair. The OHV community is being terribly abused, and our OHV leadership is letting it happen, in exchange for hugs and small favors.

LoBuck

Post by LoBuck »

Red Dog wrote:Allowing four enviro commissioners on an OHV commission is poison to all Pro OHV interest, it is akin to putting skinheads in charge of the civil rights commission.
Very good, but disturbing, analogy.

If the deals are crooked, as in illegal, what can be done to bring action to the offending parties? Hopes of seeing scurring roaches from the audit seems to have fizzled. Is there irrefutible evidence that would stand in a court of law?

I would think that at least some of the incriminating evidence would be available in a Freedom of information act request, provided it was known exactly what to request. Other evidence would probably have to come from division documents and be brought forward by an insider protected as a "whistleblower".
'79 CJ5

tomjeeps2
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by tomjeeps2 »

As far as implementing the findings of the Audit it sounds to me that it's a matter of two things, one is holding the Deputy Director accountable for retaining the wrong people and allowing rotten land deals. The second problem is allowing John Brissenden to remain by default, we may have a token victory by preventing him formally getting re appointed, but as long as he is not replaced he can stay on, assembly Speaker Fabian Nunez is just sitting on it. We must aggressively pursue Speaker Fabian Nunez for at least a neutral appointment, and for what ever it's worth I personally at least will check into providing some accountability for the Deputy Director.

As far as protecting the information sources that may not be so easy, the "whistleblower" protection laws just may not apply in any cases and it's a shame we may not be able to project the people the started the Audit. The people that stuck their necks out to bring on the audit are hero's, personally I would do whatever I could to protect them, I don't have much feeling however for anyone at this time who is failing to implement it. I can deal with titles and labels just as long as I don't get "Branded", being a loaner I can live with as long as I know people support me in their hearts, if their afraid to speak up I do expect them to show their total appreciation in Private.

As far as F.O.I.A. it's a long process, organizations that get a reputation for asking for them get cut off, this is a grim reality of life and it looks like even CORVA has cut and run. CBD is considered by many to be the "arm" of other organizations that claim to be mainstream, perhaps we should look at this ourselves as a way to act as more than one voice. The OHV community should start their own flip side of CBD, well I thought that was CORVA but it looks like I was wrong so let's start another one, but would it get the support CBD gets, Fat Chance I say. There is no reason all of us can't just push Division to open up, but don't expect everything in one big lump as long as there is a marked direction change I think we should be happy for now.

Tom Tammone

tomjeeps2
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by tomjeeps2 »

I want to be perfectly clear on just one thing, I have no desire to fill a seat on the Commission. I remember what ED went though and it's just not the box I want to get in, you limit your communications with other Commissioners and Division. With all the noise about the John Brissenden appointment I have been making, I just want to be sure everyone understands I do not want the seat and would not expect it if offered.

As far as myself I'm going to take some time out and get my mind right, perhaps try and patch things up in instances where I overreached. It matters when it comes down to things like grants, people just wont talk to you if they don't trust you, I hate to say it folks I'm going to give up at least for now.

Tom Tammone

Woodglue

Post by Woodglue »

tomjeeps2 wrote:I hate to say it folks I'm going to give up at least for now.
:shock:
My Avatar is BLM's DRAMP Proposed OHV Access under Alt #3.
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

tomjeeps2
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by tomjeeps2 »

Hi Woodgule, can't get much of a read on your reaction but so far
I'm not feeling much motivation to keep going. How do you get control
of an uncontrollable problem, and a person that seams to control everyone
and everything. As far as John Brissenden, if a 4300 + read thread don't
get us anywhere then why log on, also I need to somehow start getting support for these efforts, also I can't let it burden my Family.

Tom Tammone

tomjeeps2
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by tomjeeps2 »

I know your all going to call me the biggest hypocrite of all times, recent
events have caused me to readjust my priority's. I just had a death in the
family and it Finlay hit me what's most important in life, I'm going to put
my family before anything else from now on. I really enjoy all you folks
but it's just time for me to face reality, at least at this
time I just need to put this aside.

Thank you...

Tom...

Tom Tammone

Woodglue

Post by Woodglue »

I guess I understand, but all I can do is sigh :?
A week like this really makes me wish I never got started up in the bbs to begin with. If I hadn't, I would know about anything that happened this week; the people that stepped aside, the people that stepped on us, the people that called ASA a piece of crap, etc, etc, etc.
:?

Still, Tom. What you've already done is waaay more than I or most could've.
Thanks!
My Avatar is BLM's DRAMP Proposed OHV Access under Alt #3.
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

Washroad
ASA Chapters Chair • SSSS Chair
ASA Chapters Chair • SSSS Chair

Post by Washroad »

tomjeeps2 wrote:I know your all going to call me the biggest hypocrite of all times, recent
events have caused me to readjust my priority's. I just had a death in the
family and it Finlay hit me what's most important in life, I'm going to put
my family before anything else from now on. I really enjoy all you folks
but it's just time for me to face reality, at least at this
time I just need to put this aside.

Thank you...

Tom...
Step back for awhile. Take a rest.

Yes, taking care of family is more important and is why I don't get more involved than I currently do.

When you've had time to rehash things, OK, and if you feel like getting back into the fray, good!

In the meantime, breath easier.
Brian
ex-SSSS Coordinator
aSa Supporting Member and VERY PROUD OF IT!!!
2007 Jerry R. Seaver Award
"Facts don't enter a world dominated by our beliefs." Proust
The whole "point" of life is that there is no "point." There's just life.
"Never miss an opportunity to shut up." Will Rogers

HAWKSBURNER
1st Gear Member

Post by HAWKSBURNER »

Gee Tom, for someone who advocates Quiet bikes you and this Red Dog have sure been making a lot of noise! I can take you on with most things but this deal with You, Red Dog and the Deputy Director has me lost at the bakery, what's the deal I mean you two have been all over the place and now your both gone? Come on you two inquiring minds want to know!

Hawk

tomjeeps2
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by tomjeeps2 »

ME well I do what I can balancing this with everything else, as far as the Deputy Director's Job this is all I can find in the Regs.

(t) “Deputy Director” means the manager of the California Department of Parks and Recreation, OHMVR Division.

As far as Red Dog's true idenity I don't think anyone cares, but you can't say without getting kicked off most message boards, and many of us know who(s) it is. But I can't tell you, Tom...

Tom Tammone

tomjeeps2
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by tomjeeps2 »

At this meeting I had a side Barr discussion with the Deputy Director, I asked her by what mandate did she decided to go off on the new system of hers. She just said well let's just agree to disagree, so now we have the 4-3 split, no fuel tax study, and a scoring system that any general member of the public can't understand, even if they did it's moot because they would be lucky to get half way done in two minuets. All this work and the commission still decides what numbers go in the boxes, the way they deal with the extra time it takes is to just shut out the public.

No matter what they do they can't spend that dang $7.5 Million set aside for restoration. You know the deal the
pot keeps growing, (approx $10 Million) we owe now to Restoration, if we don't let them spend it now it will just get spent later. Frankly it's like revolving dept in reverse, the loan gets called when the route designation process is completed, the less we spend now the more money they will have to close trials. Again all goes back to the stinking fuel tax study, I done all I can do on that people at Division and the Governors office wont talk to me over all the noise I made.

As far as the remarks Commissioner Waldheim made I now agree, there was no public input the Deputy Director
went of on a tangent all her own, despite my efforts to find some middle ground between ED and Daphne she
submarine ED. She called me on the morning of April 19Th for one reason because I was on a message board
using an anonymous screen name, demanded I fess up and say it was me, which I did later that day. Rumor is
she used this information against ED Waldheim who failed to Gian reappointment, I feel it is out of line for her to be
actively seeking information against Commissioners.

So just what is her job? why is the fuel tax Study over two years overdue? well it's not mine that I know for sure
but if she just did that, didn't rune the Governors chance to end the 4-3 Split, go off on a tangent of her own
with this scoring system we'd be much better off. She is control freak, she don't do her job she should resign.

Outtakes from the Feb 4TH ,2005 meeting minuets:

Commissioner Waldheim stated he is opposed to the entire system. He wanted to know who came up with the proposal. He felt there was zero public input. He indicated that the Division can set up its own process and the Commission would use it as one factor, public input being the most important factor. He stated if the Waldheim Budget Forms were used, there wouldn’t be any worry about where money comes from. User community should know what agencies are using the money for. We should have an agreement with the public and agencies about what the mission is. Agencies are responsible to meet the OHV needs. Deputy Director Greene indicated that she and Chair Spitler had
worked together in an effort to bring forward a viable process to the Commission. Commissioner Waldheim stated that the Division could do what they want with the process, as there has been a lack of public input. He asked the Commissioners to support him in letting the Division "do their thing", per their responsibility.

Tom Tammone

Return to “Ca. O.H.M.V.R. / Green Sticker Fund”