Looking for riding families

Imperial Sand Dune Recreation Area • Including Buttercup & Gordon's Well

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

bmickle
1st Gear Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Looking for riding families

Post by bmickle »

My wife and I are in our early 30's and have a 9 year old boy and a 6 year old girl. We recently moved to Flagstaff, AZ. from Oregon. We used to ride in the Oregon Dunes with all our friends, and now that we are here we are looking for other family oriented riders. I am in law enforcement and my wife is a realtor. We own 5 quads and a toy hauler. We have been to ISDRA a few times and we live right next to the Flagstaff OHV cinders area. If anyone out there wants to make some new cool friends, shoot me an email at sndgman@ hotmail.com. And anyone from Flagstaff please say hi!
Bill
Flagstaff, AZ.
sndgman@hotmail.com

Rooster
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Rooster »

I'm not from Flagstaff, but thought I'd just say "Welcome to the group". My family and I live in So. Cal. (Whittier, CA) and make about 5-7 trips to Glamis a year. We love it!

Be safe and have fun!

Rooster 8)
Whoops, did I get sand in your face?

'04 F350 Lariat 4x4 Crewcab Dually PSD
'04 Montana Mountaineer 33' FW
'89 Banshee ("Bad Toy") Gone but not forgotten
'65 Ford Falcon Futura ("The Hot Rod")

jm102397
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member

Post by jm102397 »

Bill-
There is a large group of families from Glamisdunes.com that all camp together at Wash 13.5. "Newbies" to the group are always welcome :)
We have duners there from AZ, CA and NV...and have had groups come join us (that we had only "met" on the computer before) from as far away as Texas, Louisiana, New Jersey, Washington etc...
Camp is very diverse with people from all walks of life and ages. We have people in deisel pushers and duners in tents-people with OHV's ranging from less than $1000 to more than $100,000. We range in age from less than 6 months to "older than dirt". We see each other in the off season (a large group of us goes to the dunes in Idaho together every year), some meet every month for "Taco Tuesday's", we have great potlucks on the holidays and this weekend are even celebrating a wedding at the dunes :) One thing we all share though is a love of the dunes and our "dune family". There is usually someone from the board there every weekend-if you and your family ever want to join us just drop me a line at dunelovers@msn.com or post in "Glamis Connections" at http://www.glamisdunes.com.
BTW-we are in Mesa and used to spend every other weekend at the Cinders until we started going to Idaho every summer. Most summers we do make it up there at least once-will be sure to drop you a line if we don't have a chance to meet by then :)
Julie Monroe

Sting
1st Gear Member

Post by Sting »

Saw a mention of this post on Glamisdunes.com so i thought i would reply. My neighbor where im at now in CA is building a house in Flagstaff will done this year sometime. Anyways once there all settled there I'll be making a couple trips a year up there in the summer to play in cinders. He has a buggy and a quad and I have a buggy and a couple quads.

would be cool to hook up when im up there in the summers and during the winters down at glamis. I'm yet to stay with the group at 13.5 but will be soon i hope.

Ross & Alice
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Ross & Alice »

Always welcome to camp with us if you make it to Dumont.
-Ross
Ride Safer by Riding Sober
Friends of Dumont Dunes

railcrzy
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by railcrzy »

Very well put Julie,and a great way to welcome fellow enthusiasts.
=D>
Go Hard or Go Home!

Larry
http://WWW.ROOFSBYBAKER.COM

jm102397

Post by jm102397 »

Thank you Larry :)

It looks like I finally convinced Bill to come camp with us this weekend-he had heard Glamis was not very "family friendly" so I had to put his mind to rest about that :wink: If he is anything like the 30 other families I have introduced to Wash 13.5 he'll have a great time!

Just so you know Larry-the offer stands for any duner-newbie or not. Come down and join us sometime :)
Julie Monroe

BeachHead
ASA Board Member • Secretary
ASA Board Member • Secretary

Post by BeachHead »

Julie's running the ultimate pyramid scheme..;) I'm one of the families she managed to get to camp at 13.5, and I've brought out at least another 8...and it goes on and on.

The reason I say it's the "ultimate" scheme is because unlike the other type of scams, this one is the only one that delivers way MORE than promised...mother G, the people, and the fun just can't be beat. It's truly worth the trip...:)

jm102397

Post by jm102397 »

:)

It may be the ultimate pyramid, but I always get the biggest payoff-the more I reel in the more great people I get to meet! Camp was a little crazy this weekend because of the wedding-setup on the rigs was a bit "disorganized" and our riding time was definitely cut down, but hopefully Bill and Autumn had a good enough time to reurn on another trip. We really enjoyed meeting them and Will and McKenna are awesome kids :)
Julie Monroe

Return to “Glamis Dunes • I.S.D.R.A.”