Imperial Sand Dune Recreation Area • Including Buttercup & Gordon's Well

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

sbheg
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

RV Storage close to Gordens?

Post by sbheg »

I was interested in storing my RV out in the South Dunes. I know of Dunes Edge in the North Dunes, I have heard that there is storage next to Pair-A-dice, but have been unable to find information on it.

It will be cheaper to store my stuff out there and pick it up on the way there. I pull the buggy with my truck and not the MoHo, storage will save me at least $200 in fuel each trip at the current prices.
Proud ASA Volunteer

Glamisbound
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member

Post by Glamisbound »

I know what place your talking about but can't think of the name either. I've been considering doing the same, although my diesel pusher gets close to the same gas mileage as my gas truck when towing so not sure it's going to make much diff for me. Would be interested in find out their rates though.
GLAMISBOUND
Walking the gap...All give some, some give all!!

36' HR Endeavor Diesel Pusher, 330 Caterpillar
2007 Potter Productions Dual Sport with a Redline LS1 and Mendi 2D
'02 yz 426
'04 crf 50
50 cc quads for the little groms

Sand Diego Duner
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Sand Diego Duner »

The place you guys are talking about is owned by the McMillen (realestate group) family. If you want to find out info about it you need to go speak with the care taker who lives in the mobile home at the site. I believe his name is Bret (sp?). Last time I heard the dune season storage price was around $800 (October-May). I'll try to get a phone number from a friend that used to keep a trailer there.
KI6KUD - Paul

sbheg
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by sbheg »

Glamisbound wrote:I know what place your talking about but can't think of the name either. I've been considering doing the same, although my diesel pusher gets close to the same gas mileage as my gas truck when towing so not sure it's going to make much diff for me. Would be interested in find out their rates though.
I drive both to the dunes, can't pull a broken toy out with a moho, so I like having the truck, plus the bed of the truck is full of wood.

Thanks
sbheg
Proud ASA Volunteer

sbheg
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by sbheg »

Sand Diego Duner wrote:The place you guys are talking about is owned by the McMillen (realestate group) family. If you want to find out info about it you need to go speak with the care taker who lives in the mobile home at the site. I believe his name is Bret (sp?). Last time I heard the dune season storage price was around $800 (October-May). I'll try to get a phone number from a friend that used to keep a trailer there.
Appreciated the help, 800 is a little steep, Nov-April is what I am thinking 6 months. I like the Dunes Edge setup and would feel that my moho would be secure.

sbheg
Proud ASA Volunteer

Sand Diego Duner
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Sand Diego Duner »

Ok guys... talk to my friend that used to keep a trailer down there. He said it costs around 400 dollars for the dune season. If you would like the contact person PM me and I'll pass it on to you. I don't want to just openly list a persons phone number and name on the board without their permission. It's kind of a first come first servered deal.
KI6KUD - Paul

Return to “Glamis Dunes • I.S.D.R.A.”