Is Gecko road already full?

Imperial Sand Dune Recreation Area • Including Buttercup & Gordon's Well

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

CombsCustomCooling
1st Gear Member

Is Gecko road already full?

Post by CombsCustomCooling »

I have heard second hand that Gecko is full. I want to take my 35 foot motorhome and 16 foot trailer out there saturday and stay till after thanksgiving. If you have been out there in the last day or two please let me know how packed it is?

Glenn
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Is Gecko road already full?

Post by Glenn »

I have friends that went out today, I have not talked to them tonight but will in the morning and post there response if no one elce has before then.....
Glenn
KF6IAT
Go fast, turn left, and look both ways and have FUN

dunernr
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by dunernr »

should have put your reservation in... the place has been fillin' up for teh last 2 weeks...

CombsCustomCooling
1st Gear Member

Im gonna try to drop at the huge pad before the ranger station on the canal side. Hope i find a spot. thanks for the input and i will keep checking the thread for any others who have been out this past week.

Glamisbound
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member

Post by Glamisbound »

That's called Cements Flats and it is usually one of the first places to fill on big weekends. Bottom line is it will be crowded. Reality is I've never gotten to Glamis and not found a spot somewhere...and I can't think of any one else that hasn't either. Now if you are the first in your group to get there and are trying to find a great spot for everyone, then it can definitely get a little stressful. Good luck :!:
GLAMISBOUND
Walking the gap...All give some, some give all!!

36' HR Endeavor Diesel Pusher, 330 Caterpillar
2007 Potter Productions Dual Sport with a Redline LS1 and Mendi 2D
'02 yz 426
'04 crf 50
50 cc quads for the little groms

CombsCustomCooling
1st Gear Member

I will be leaving to Glamis early tommorow morning to drop my rig. My friend who arrived the other day saved me a spot and said it is packed more than he has seen in any year past. Just wanted to relay that info to everyone else.

Mean Green
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by Mean Green »

When is the BLM going to start charging people who want to drop their rigs off for days and weeks on end just so that they can have a spot during a busy weekend? It seems to me that you are reserving a spot that is not yours to reserve. Having someone out there babysitting your stuff does not make it OK.

Glamisbound

Post by Glamisbound »

Mean Green wrote:When is the BLM going to start charging people who want to drop their rigs off for days and weeks on end just so that they can have a spot during a busy weekend? It seems to me that you are reserving a spot that is not yours to reserve. Having someone out there babysitting your stuff does not make it OK.
There is a topics that's been discussed a few times around here...
GLAMISBOUND

'02 yz 426
'04 crf 50

Sandcock

Post by Sandcock »

At the aSa meeting in Sept. the ISCO or BLM stated that they did not have the resources to deal with this problem, more specifically the towing rigs. They did say they could ticket.

Mikey Woodyglue chime in and set the record straight because I'm an old guy the can't remember.......................stuff......you guys thought I was going to use the other word didn't you :lol:
The real egalitarians are not the people who want to redistribute wealth to the poor, but those who want to extend to the poor the ability to create their own wealth, to lift themselves up, instead of trying to tear others down. Earning respect, including self-respect, is better than being a parasite. Thomas Sowell

Glamisbound

Post by Glamisbound »

Hell, I think some fheads park their mondo rigs at Road Runner in Septemeber and leave them there all season now...it's pathetic.
GLAMISBOUND

'02 yz 426
'04 crf 50

Sandcock

Post by Sandcock »

Different weekend. I was out on Prez weekend and there was not a flat spot to be found (it was a blessing in disguise because I got to camp with washr and sloppy at wash 23). I couldn't beleive how many tow behinds and 5vers were unhitched, i.e. no tow vehicles in sight. IMO, if the ISCO (now the vendor) or BLM is not going to enforce the rule, remove the regulation. However, I would prefer that these people be ticketed with a hefty enough fine that would possibly act as a deterent in the future, but then again for those that have $$$$, $$$$ is not an objective. Send out the meter maids and chalk the tires.............once the tow vehicle is hitched again give'em a ticket.
The real egalitarians are not the people who want to redistribute wealth to the poor, but those who want to extend to the poor the ability to create their own wealth, to lift themselves up, instead of trying to tear others down. Earning respect, including self-respect, is better than being a parasite. Thomas Sowell

chowder
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by chowder »

Seems to me that calling these twits in would get them cited. They are citing for anything and everything these days. These rigs are easy pickin's. :twisted:

Mean Green
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by Mean Green »

Chowder, I am glad you brought this topic back to life. It serves as a reminder to some people that it is NOT OK to leave your rigs out there parked for days or weeks on end just to save yourself a spot. These people should expect to be cited and or towed.

Return to “Glamis Dunes • I.S.D.R.A.”