Imperial Sand Dune Recreation Area • Including Buttercup & Gordon's Well

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

L&L Corvairs
ASA Board Member
ASA Board Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Wash Road etc Update

Post by L&L Corvairs » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:21 am

Had a conversation with Neil Hamada yesterday. He let me know that they should be completing another improvement to Wash Road this week. It should now be 24’ wide with (I think) 7” of base. They are next going to be working on the camping areas on Gecko Road. This is all being paid for from our fee dollars.

One request I did ask for, and you all know how I feel about law enforcement out there, was an increase/heavy enforcement of the NO OHV”S on Wash Road.

C’MON folks, you’ve got nearly 100,000 acres of off road area to go ride in, quit BRAP, BRAP, BRAPPPING your quads up and down Wash Road. Those are MY fee dollars you are destroying.
L&L
It is not ours to decide the times in which we live.
It is only ours to decide what to do with the time given us.

Make the most of your time.

Woodglue
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Re: Wash Road etc Update

Post by Woodglue » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:57 am

L&L Corvairs wrote:C’MON folks, you’ve got nearly 100,000 acres of off road area to go ride in, quit BRAP, BRAP, BRAPPPING your quads up and down Wash Road. Those are MY fee dollars you are destroying.

:idea: ROAD TRIP!!!
Let's getting our rides running real sweet, load em into the trailers, fill up the truck/MoHo's, drive for 4 hours, park and set up camp, and go ride a dirt road! \:D/

That's what I think everytime I see one of those guys. :roll:
Camping down at Wash 24, it's actually pretty common to see people riding on the road. Especially after dark. :(
My Avatar is BLM's DRAMP Proposed OHV Access under Alt #3.
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

gelwell
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member

Post by gelwell » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:22 am

Lloyd that is good news even though I'm south duner its good to see some of our money going to good use. I wish they would add more aggregate to Ogilby access road it needs more.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

Astro
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Astro » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:51 am

Road Riders are the Pit Racers of the Dunes :evil: ! We don't need them if you know one tell them to cool it [-X . I can understand an emergency or limping a broken vehicle back to camp, but the usual Road Riders are just Lazy Punks out for a cruise #-o ! Ticket them till they quit or go home =D>
"Just Ride!"

RobC
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by RobC » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:47 pm

Can they be used for target practice?
Save the Dunes!!
Rob's Dune Site
My Pics

Sandcock
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member

Post by Sandcock » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:22 pm

They graded and it looked like they added base to Cement Flats. They also graded Pad 1.5 and I think 2. They looked good. I saw equipment by the GBS, but did not venture over there. Maybe Alyska could eleborate on Wash Road, i.e. he was at W25.
The real egalitarians are not the people who want to redistribute wealth to the poor, but those who want to extend to the poor the ability to create their own wealth, to lift themselves up, instead of trying to tear others down. Earning respect, including self-respect, is better than being a parasite. Thomas Sowell

Return to “Glamis Dunes • I.S.D.R.A.”