Imperial Sand Dune Recreation Area • Including Buttercup & Gordon's Well

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

YumaDune
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Ogilby RR Crossing Update

Post by YumaDune »

They are closing Ogilby next week, the 8th. What do you think the chances are it will be worse!! I have my own opinion and only been around construction for 40 years or so... who knows??
It's Just Sand!!!

gelwell
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member

Re: Ogilby RR Crossing Update

Post by gelwell »

I hope it is better I have to go over that crossing to get my toy hauler at Gold Rock. Hopefully it will be much better but like you say who knows.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

YumaDune
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by YumaDune »

Sorry for not updating this sooner as I'm sure many are out there enjoying the Balmy weather! Yes they worked on it and it's better... maybe. At least the UP didn't make it worse for whatever that's worth!! Be safe and slow down at the crossing...5 mph might be acceptable??
It's Just Sand!!!

gelwell

Post by gelwell »

I went over it last weekend and noticed it was a little better but not much. You could sure tell some folks not knowing about the lousy job hit the pavement pretty bad.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

Return to “Glamis Dunes • I.S.D.R.A.”