Imperial Sand Dune Recreation Area • Including Buttercup & Gordon's Well

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

tommygunn
1st Gear Member
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

thanksgiving week?

Post by tommygunn »

we are going to Glamis the monday before thanksgiving. what can we expect? will it be dead or will there be a lot to see? last year we went the first week in december and we had the whole place to our self. i want to see people racing up comp and olds but am unable to go on the weekend. will there still be a lot of people?

BHenry
Bulletin Board Administrator
Bulletin Board Administrator

Re: thanksgiving week?

Post by BHenry »

For the most part, I would expect the big crowds to start rolling in Wednesday, and peaking on Friday. I'll be heading out Thursday morning.
I'll relinquish my right to ride when you relinquish your right to breathe
Bryan Henry
KG6OQD

tommygunn
1st Gear Member

Post by tommygunn »

oh well..maybe next year. we are coming from North Carolina and everything is already planned. will it be dead on monday you think?

gelwell
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by gelwell »

Thanksgiving week is dune Nirvana. Expect to see lots 'o people from the weekend before thru the whole week and everyone leaving at the same time on Sunday. If you plan on camping at the washes be prepared to wait getting out on sunday, pretty comical event really. But Monday and Tuesday will be better but you will see more people that week than you will all year long. Have a nice trip
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

Sandcock
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Sandcock »

I went out the weekend before Thanksgiving in 2006 and it was jamming. I would expect activity :wink:
The real egalitarians are not the people who want to redistribute wealth to the poor, but those who want to extend to the poor the ability to create their own wealth, to lift themselves up, instead of trying to tear others down. Earning respect, including self-respect, is better than being a parasite. Thomas Sowell

Return to “Glamis Dunes • I.S.D.R.A.”