nixsternik
ASA Executive Director
ASA Executive Director
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

ACTION ALERT! VEHICLES BEING TOWED

Post by nixsternik »

ACTION ALERT! VEHICLES BEING TOWED!

We have been in contact with the BLM El Centro Field Office and have confirmed that they are enforcing the supplementary rules pertaining reserving camping spaces in the Imperial Sand Dunes Recreation Area.

The rules are as follows: It is prohibited to reserve or save a camping space for another person at all developed sites and areas and all ORV open areas.

A full list of all the supplementary rules can be found on the following BLM website:
http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/cdd/cdd_ ... ntary.html

Please note, this rule does not specify the 72 hour rule. Therefore, it is up to the BLM to interpret if and when they want to tow your vehicle. In other words, if it looks like your camp is abandoned in order to save space for the holidays, your rig is likely to be removed from the site.

For more information, please contact the BLM El Centro Field Office at (760) 337-4400.
Nicole Nicholas Gilles
Executive Director
American Sand Association

GlamisSandDuner
Duner Connection Moderator & Coordinator

Re: ACTION ALERT! VEHICLES BEING TOWED

Post by GlamisSandDuner »

nixsternik wrote:ACTION ALERT! VEHICLES BEING TOWED!

We have been in contact with the BLM El Centro Field Office and have confirmed that they are enforcing the supplementary rules pertaining reserving camping spaces in the Imperial Sand Dunes Recreation Area.

The rules are as follows: It is prohibited to reserve or save a camping space for another person at all developed sites and areas and all ORV open areas.

A full list of all the supplementary rules can be found on the following BLM website:
http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/cdd/cdd_ ... ntary.html

Please note, this rule does not specify the 72 hour rule. Therefore, it is up to the BLM to interpret if and when they want to tow your vehicle. In other words, if it looks like your camp is abandoned in order to save space for the holidays, your rig is likely to be removed from the site.

For more information, please contact the BLM El Centro Field Office at (760) 337-4400.

=D>
'05 TRX450R
I work to support my duning habit!
aSa Duner Connection Moderator & Coordinator

GlamisSandDuner

Post by GlamisSandDuner »

I am curious to see how many vehicles got towed :-k . I went out to Gecko years back about 10 days before Thanksgiving and was :shock: to see how many enclosed trailers were abandoned with HUGE cirlcles caution taped off to reserve their groups spot for Thanksgiving. I don't have an issue if someone goes out who is there on site, actively camping and reserves a reasonable spot for his or her group. But I do have an issue for those who go out a week and half before with their trailer, leave it out there and tape off four football fields worth of camping area [-X .
'05 TRX450R
I work to support my duning habit!
aSa Duner Connection Moderator & Coordinator

WoodIsGood
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by WoodIsGood »

Was out this weekend and there were a great many huge camp circles marked off with caution tape and stakes; as well as huge camp circles marked out with cones. These were there from Sat. am to Mon. noon. Might be all talk and no action?

I think few would object to folks saving space for a couple of friends arriving later, but I too think some folks get beyond ridiculous with the amount of space they mark off several days before most of the group arrives.

Return to “Glamis Dunes • I.S.D.R.A.”