Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

STICKMAN
1st Gear Member
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

LEGAL GAS CONTAINERS

Post by STICKMAN »

Hello Fello Duners,

Once again I am hearing rumblings of serious fines for illegal gas containers being used.
I have checked the BLM site, read CARB's documents and checked postings and still
need to know:
01. Is it illegal to use my square clear plastic jugs that have a plastic screw on cap,(no hose screwed in the top), to haul and store my gas?
*Note: I have owned these cans for several years and there are no markings other than
gallon line stamps on them.

02. If cited for carrying gas in these plastic 5 gallon containers what is my recourse?

The only thing I found was at the BLM site that said, " they are currently not enforcing gas can laws". What does that really mean?

Sandcock
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: LEGAL GAS CONTAINERS

Post by Sandcock »

If you don't get a response on the bbs try aSa's facebook page for a response.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/82231739000/
The real egalitarians are not the people who want to redistribute wealth to the poor, but those who want to extend to the poor the ability to create their own wealth, to lift themselves up, instead of trying to tear others down. Earning respect, including self-respect, is better than being a parasite. Thomas Sowell

GlamisSandDuner
Duner Connection Moderator & Coordinator
Duner Connection Moderator & Coordinator

Post by GlamisSandDuner »

First of all let me welcome you, STICKMAN to the ASA BBS Forum =D>

I had called the El Centro BLM office on 4th steet about a year ago when I was hearing people were getting cited for this. Back then I was told that you can use the dump cans for transporting and storing fuel, as long as they have a sealed top on them and not the nozzle attatchment on it. If I remember correctly, you could have the nozzle on when the can was on the ground in camp, just not in a vehicle. As far as the fines go, I heard that they were $100 per container :shock: , but that was through the grapevine and not the BLM. With that being said, I would be curious to hear what the say now. Their number is 1-760-337-4400, I think they only answer M-F 8am-5pm. Let us know what they say :wink:
'05 TRX450R
I work to support my duning habit!
aSa Duner Connection Moderator & Coordinator

gelwell
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member

Post by gelwell »

We had a camp shakedown over Thxgiving. They (BLM) asked about the cans and said "you use these for water right?" Yes sir they are. Some of the people I camp with bend the rules a little and I keep reminding them they could get a ticket. This time they got lucky and didnt get tickets. I think the two dobermans running around camp may have had something to do with it, but who knows.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

Glenn
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Glenn »

Yes only water in those plastic cans, 'Girl Scout" water, good for lighting fires, and running quads.... :lol:
Glenn
KF6IAT
Go fast, turn left, and look both ways and have FUN

dunecady
1st Gear Member

Post by dunecady »

Getting ready to go to Gordon's for New Years and would really like some definitive, concise info. about the gas can issue. Does anyone have up to date information on what we can use? Thanks.

HSSC
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by HSSC »

Guess I better get rid of the fuel containers I have been using for the last 25 years............

Well, when I travel to Kalie Fornia...... In Nevada I'll still use the POS containers just to piss off all you pour folks in Jerry Browns hammer and sickle land of OZZ......

Those of you who are stuck in the land of OZZ........I'm give you my deepest sympathy, as I know you dream of another place to hand your hat....... :wink:
Public lands are for public use.
Ken & family
Mt. Rose HWY,Reno NV.

crash

Post by crash »

I happen to know one of the, if not THE, largest manufacturer and also a very large distributor of these "jugs". They are both facing fines of MILLIONS of $$ from the CARB. The distributor is a good friend of mine. He is personally facing over $1M in fines for selling these, not only in CA, but to anyone anywhere in the world.

He has another business, but he has told me that if they don't let him off with him promising and then selling no more of these, he will have no choice but to declare BK.

BTW- He was caught in a STING OPERATION!! :roll:

And you thought the tin hatters were crazy?!?! :shock:

PWR MAD
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by PWR MAD »

WOW! That's scary right there ^^^

I've got so many of them, been using them for years *shrug*

Thomas h.
1st Gear Member

Post by Thomas h. »

I called the rangers station at glamis and the said they have never givin a ticket for fuel containers unless the some one is doing somthing stupid with it.

Return to “Glamis Dunes • I.S.D.R.A.”